shape
carat
color
clarity

i''am going broke paying repair bills on my wife''s POS...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m with the responder above that said it was time to go for a honda or toyota.....

my husband commutes 60 miles per day in a 1993 honda accord that he bought used in 1999 for $8k and now has pushing 250,000 miles....and all we ever do is take it to the mechanic for maintenace every two months [because of the miles he puts on] ....rarely do we have to do anything to it beyond an oil change and the annual tune up. there have been some pricier visits as with that many miles things like fuel pumps and timing chain/link, bearings do need to get replaced. but at this point we''re so much $$$$$ ahead with this car that i can''t imagine we wouldn''t buy another honda unless its a toyota....used, of course.

movie zombie

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 8:06:49 PM
Author: movie zombie
i''m with the responder above that said it was time to go for a honda or toyota.....

my husband commutes 60 miles per day in a 1993 honda accord that he bought used in 1999 for $8k and now has pushing 250,000 miles....and all we ever do is take it to the mechanic for maintenace every two months [because of the miles he puts on] ....rarely do we have to do anything to it beyond an oil change and the annual tune up. there have been some pricier visits as with that many miles things like fuel pumps and timing chain/link, bearings do need to get replaced. but at this point we''re so much $$$$$ ahead with this car that i can''t imagine we wouldn''t buy another honda unless its a toyota....used, of course.

movie zombie
i regret, to this day, selling my 1999 ford festiva.....for the reasons above.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, greg says it sounds like it''s a possibility that your ''close-friend'' mechanic could have knocked around some other elements inside of the car leading to the fire incident, coincidence? and YEAH if he''s a close friend why are you spending so much to fix these things? do you know how much actual parts vs labor costs? it''s NOT that expensive to buy parts...labor is what kills ya! sounds like you aren''t getting much of a buddy discount!

and yes i gotta throw in a root for the toyotas...i have had 2 of them and they go on forever with maintenance and the parts aren''t an arm and a leg either!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
my DH said the same thing as Greg, DF. It sounds a bit sketch, you may need a new mechanic regardless of the car you buy. Unless you live in AZ or a very hot, dry climate, it is unlikely that the hose (motor oil line) would crack on a 10 year old car

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Try keeping up a 1970 Dodge Super Bee, 1970 ''Cuda and a 1968 Barracuda. My husband is always doing something to them no matter how tip top shape they are in.We also have a 1992 Lexus SC400 and a 1955 Mercedees SL190 to restore..that is going to be a trip. Then there is our everyday vehicles.
wish i

wish i could afford a Lexus GS 430 .

Dancing Fire >>>>> Bet you do...That is a nice car and No it is not an old mans car nor is the SC400.
1.gif

Sometime I forget what bussiness we are in and think we have a garage except it is all our vehicls...LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2006 2:25:44 PM
Author: Mara
DF, greg says it sounds like it''s a possibility that your ''close-friend'' mechanic could have knocked around some other elements inside of the car leading to the fire incident, coincidence? and YEAH if he''s a close friend why are you spending so much to fix these things? do you know how much actual parts vs labor costs? it''s NOT that expensive to buy parts...labor is what kills ya! sounds like you aren''t getting much of a buddy discount!

and yes i gotta throw in a root for the toyotas...i have had 2 of them and they go on forever with maintenance and the parts aren''t an arm and a leg either!
Mara
not his fault .my mechanic friend told me to get rid of this POS 2 yrs ago. said he''s tire of fixing it.

btw; i know those BMW parts aren''t cheap.
29.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2006 3:56:38 PM
Author: conitta
Try keeping up a 1970 Dodge Super Bee, 1970 ''Cuda and a 1968 Barracuda. My husband is always doing something to them no matter how tip top shape they are in.We also have a 1992 Lexus SC400 and a 1955 Mercedees SL190 to restore..that is going to be a trip. Then there is our everyday vehicles.
wish i

wish i could afford a Lexus GS 430 .

Dancing Fire >>>>> Bet you do...That is a nice car and No it is not an old mans car nor is the SC400.
1.gif

Sometime I forget what bussiness we are in and think we have a garage except it is all our vehicls...LOL
love those muscle cars. someone turn down 3 million bucks for a 70 hemi Cuda.

btw; SC 430 is a mid-life crisis car.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results