shape
carat
color
clarity

I wish I could . . . but no ring yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
We went to check settings this weekend at a local jeweler hosting Vatche. Well . . . the ring that I like was really great but they forgot to bring the wedding band that goes with the e-ring so I couldn''t see them together. However, the Vatche rep. told me that they two rings don''t sit well together and that people always complain about it when they do see them together. Does anyone out there own the Vatche Knife pave knife edge x-prong and matching band?

I appreciated his honesty but wish I had seen the set together to make my own opinion. We have decided to have the ring custom made by FH''s mom''s boss.

Now for the GOOD NEWS------FH like the way 1.5 looks on me so he wants to go with that size. That soooooooo made the day for me since I was bumbed about the setting.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Too bad about the setting, but wow! A 1.5? Good job, girl!
naughty.gif

Is your ring going to be similar in style to the Vatche?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but I think I'd like it to be a little heartier and have a square-ish bottom-does that prevent spin?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We looked briefly at the Vatche Pave settings but once I heard how chunky they were I was not interested...don't like really thick bands and rings on my hand. I think Leslie said they were something like 6-7mm when put together..too much! I think mine will end up being 5mm..for whatever reason the 1mm makes a difference.

If you like the pave look with the squared bottom, what about custom made through Mark Morrell? Those pretty pave rings that were the subject of a few posts recently are amazing and I think one (or both?) had squared bottoms.

I think the squared bottom would bother me actually. Once you have the ring on your hand you get used to it quickly (round)...not too sure about the squared bottom! I would definitely try a squared bottomed ring on first before purchasing or custom making..you may find later you're not happy with the feel. Also it would most likely be harder to size them...one would think? Tricky if you ever gain weight (not like we ever PLAN to..but yanno!).

2.gif
Have fun searching, the looking is part of the fun. Congrats on the 1.5 marker...I wish we'd gone 1.5...but I still love my piece! My friend's mom, who has tons of jewelry since the family has some serious $$, was complimenting me the other day on my ring and I was admiring her 'third upgrade' 2c ring (with MASSES of offset side stones in 4 rows)..she told me I'd made out 'very well' for a first-timer ring. It was hilarious. She is happily married to my friend's dad..and they have been for over 20 years.
1.gif
Her first ring was a flower style plat with a .33c! HeeHee.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I will definitely try the square bottom shank for comfort before comissioning my piece (doesn't that sound so upscale). I really like the look after seeing buttercup's (or whosever it was) ring, I even like that setting if the knife-edge pave doesn't work out for me.

As for the pave look, I'm pretty specific about what I want. I really liked the knife-edge pave, not just pave. They are different looks to me. I don't know how wide they will be together but my ring finger is 3" long so 6-7mm probably won't look so wide. I did try on the ring and plain knife edge wedding band but it didn't look like too much as much as is was just not what I am going for.

You would think that living in a major city, these rings would be more readily available for viewing-I'm so annoyed at this point with the inavailability and unwillingness of Vatche to send pieces to local jeweler for viewing that I don't think they are worth their asking price. The sales guy was even discouraging me further by saying that a custom ring would cost 3 times more. UGH!!!!!!!

Also, all the downtown jewelers close at 5pm and I work until 6 so I can't even check out settings or stones outside of the malls and all the mall stores have the same stuff, nothing unique.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
3x as much to custom make? NO WAY!!! Our ring was cheaper to have custom than a similar Michael B designer piece which had less stones and was MORE expensive by $800 when all was said and done. And now I have a custom piece, made specifically for ME. I would shop around if you decide to have it made, or check out tradeshop.com...they do custom pieces and post their gallery items on their website, pretty cool. I have never used them but it seems they make online custom stuff really easy for the buyer. We were lucky in that our jeweler had a custom designer that he uses (that everyone in the town he lives in uses) and the guy's work was very excellent for a great price. Don't get suckered into paying 3x the cost of a Vatche...that's ridiculous. They are expensive enough already!!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I meant the vatche sales guy told me to have them custom modify this setting it would cost 3 times as much. Robbery nonetheless but, I wanted to clear up that I'm not talking about the guy who is going to custom make the setting for me. The custom guy is FH's mother's boss. She has been working for him for 12 years so I hope I don't think he's going to try taking us for a ride. However, I will still get the estimate checked out by another most reputable private jeweler who had my sister's ring modified.

Mara, did I ever mention my sister wanted a ring like yours? Not what she ended up with, not even close but I really do love your setting and would have considered a similar on but Mic's heart would be broken so no way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results