shape
carat
color
clarity

I wish brooches would come back

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking lately about having a signature piece brooch. Something that I would wear daily on a blazer. A few well placed little diamonds here and there. Has anyone seen any interesting sites with them? I know I could always go custom, but I don''t have a clue what I want it to look like, yet.

I just think they are so "romantic" and well, romantic. Timeless and classic. Anybody think similarly?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree Julia. I think a nice brooch looks so classy on a blazer. Tiffany''s has some wonderful ones in all price ranges. Of course I am partial to this one from the Swing collection since I have the matching ring and bracelet.

tiffanyswingbrooch.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, just wear them.
Be a trend setter.

People will admire you for it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love brooches--especially antique filigree ones. And as Kenny states....be a trend setter.....

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t think brooches are out. i see them worn on blazers on tv quite frequently. sorry to highjack but kenny now that you are back may we see your ring?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Art Nouveau has a wonderful collection of brooches...maybe she''ll jump in with some pictures!

I think they''re elegant, and look wonderful on blazers, etc... I think AN wears hers frequently..and she certainly is elegant!

I agree that we don''t see them as much as we should. I think Madeleine Albright and Queen Elizabeth have tried, but they aren''t a trend...yet.
1.gif

widget

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:46:15 PM
Author: widget
I think Madeleine Albright and Queen Elizabeth have tried, but they aren''t a trend...yet.
1.gif

widget
They are still trendy just lower on a body, which gives sometimes too trendy look. Madeleine Albright has quite a collection, she was a note speaker at GIA symposium and told the stories about them and got a new one as a gift.

I will shot my Dandelion brooch later today.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I am an avid brooch fan, but mostly as a nice elegant close for a Cashmere wrap in the spring or a a cheaper silk scarf or wrap in the summer...

I think it''s the pattern and look that determines trend. Ahhh...I hate trends, why look like everyone else?
2.gif

As a matter of fact if I see one more trendy jewelry piece I will scream. i love epople with cool and interestingly different tastes! Take a risk!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love brooches!! Nanny gave me a beautiful sapphire and diamond one. It looks amazing on a black suit. I say wear what you want. To me they are classic, and a great way to dress up a suit, etc...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of your responses. I would LOVE to see some pictures. I have a small diamond "circle of life" brooch, about the size of a dime, which I get compliments on all the time when I wear. I''d like something a little larger, maybe a floral shape...I dont know yet. I''m ready to be inspired. I guess it is spring time that''s doing it.
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 9:55:21 AM
Author: Sundial
I totally agree Julia. I think a nice brooch looks so classy on a blazer. Tiffany''s has some wonderful ones in all price ranges. Of course I am partial to this one from the Swing collection since I have the matching ring and bracelet.
That is just beautiful. I will have to get over to Tiffany''s downtown Atl. to browse.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
FYI, browse the Skinner Auction House (Boston) catalogue online for some cool brooches. They have oodles of Art Deco pieces, and who knows... ;-) If not, it''s fun to see styles!

http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/search.asp

I WANT that lizard skin Heremes cuff...except I can''t really wear cuffs! I have two and I NEVER like them on...
39.gif

Happy hunting! If you do bid, you can bid by phone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 1:00:44 PM
Author: Nicrez
I think it''s the pattern and look that determines trend. Ahhh...I hate trends, why look like everyone else?
2.gif

As a matter of fact if I see one more trendy jewelry piece I will scream. i love epople with cool and interestingly different tastes! Take a risk!
I absolutely agree. I refuse to buy trendy stuff, unless I fall madly in love with it, then I buy it, but not because someone''s telling me to.

I love brooches too.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Promised dandelion on my dogs neck (not pinned)

SharikDandelion.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The whole sad picture called "I love you mom but you are inadequate..."

WhyOhWh.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:21:26 PM
Author: Pricescope
The whole sad picture called 'I love you mom but you are inadequate...'
Nice 'flower'! I think your dog has more than a little bit of Ridgeback in it!!! What a sweetie pie!

ETA: OMG!!! Is that an actual brooch????? I was so busy looking at the dog that I thought it was an actual dandelion. We need colser pics of that. I cannot believe the detail!!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
The whole sad picture called ''I love you mom but you are inadequate...''
Oh I just LOVE your picture!!!! Here''s mine...she''s like, "hi mom!" (and where''s that hotdog you just had?...)

posey2.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:38:50 PM
Author: Miranda

Nice ''flower''! I think your dog has more than a little bit of Ridgeback in it!!! What a sweetie pie!

ETA: OMG!!! Is that an actual brooch????? I was so busy looking at the dog that I thought it was an actual dandelion. We need colser pics of that. I cannot believe the detail!!!!
Ditto--PICTURES PLEASE!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 4:40:37 PM
Author: Nicrez
FYI, browse the Skinner Auction House (Boston) catalogue online for some cool brooches. They have oodles of Art Deco pieces, and who knows... ;-) If not, it''s fun to see styles!

http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/search.asp

I WANT that lizard skin Heremes cuff...except I can''t really wear cuffs! I have two and I NEVER like them on...
39.gif

Happy hunting! If you do bid, you can bid by phone!
Wow, I enjoyed the eye candy there! Thanks

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Irina your brooch is just exquisite and such an unusual piece! I also adore your dog and yours too Julia - what sweethearts!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my best friends are brooches.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:38:50 PM
Author: Miranda

Nice ''flower''! I think your dog has more than a little bit of Ridgeback in it!!! What a sweetie pie!

LOL!
9.gif

Irina, I know you had said you thought your pooch had some RR in him, and I think you are right! And lol at your pic title.
9.gif

That brooch is really cool too.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I always thot brooches were always in - giggle - guess I am not one that follows trends - giggle
My brooches are not anything expensive - just costume brooches - but some are pretty and some are just fun - but if you wanna wear brooches - then by all means - wear them :}

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Another thing I wish was back in style is mens'' hats. The kind you wear with a suit. I just love the old movies with all the hats!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Thanks for your kind words. I do have quite a few brooches. I have been collecting brooches for years. I wear them all the time. I don''t care whether they are in or not. A nice brooch can definitely dress up a blazer or jacket. I have posted a few before previously. I do not have photos of all my brooches, but I will try to take some next weekend. My avatar is a genuine Art Nouveau period iridescent enamel brooch. The enamel is not in percfect condition, but I love the colors of the enamel and the soft flowing lines of the piece.

AN

AN-pin.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a Buccellati like hand engraved flower pin made in Italy:

Flower-pin_rose-gold.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Gold lily made by the same company that made the anemone flower pin:

gold Lily-brooch.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Plique-a-jour enamel butterfly. This one is a reproduction made in Istanbul.

plique butterfly.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Art Nouveau, your brooches are stunning! And Irina, I love your dandelion brooch. It''s so unique and detailed. I love brooches. I live in cold, windy Chicago area so turtlenecks in winter are a must. Since it''s hard to wear pendants with a turtleneck, I often wear brooches. Count me in as a fan.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Art Nouveau! I''m so glad you found this thread and posted some of your brooches! I can''t wait to see some more.

The butterfly brooch knocks me out. Absolutely stunning. I think the use of bi-colored tourmaline in the wings is SO COOL!!
30.gif
1.gif

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results