shape
carat
color
clarity

I was told this 1 carat H-SI2 was eye clean. Do you agree?

lopata21

Rough_Rock
See attached images below. Do you think these crystal inclusions would be visible to the naked eye?

1carat-h-si2-1.jpg

1carat-h-si2-2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I was told this 1 carat H-SI2 was eye clean. Do you agre

Impossible for us to tell from these pictures. You either have to trust the vendor you are working with or look at higher clarity diamonds when shopping at a distance.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Hi - I can't comment on specific stones as it's against forum rules - but I can speak to inclusions in general...when I'm looking for a nice eye clean SI2, I love to find inclusions that are small/scattered/clear/etc rather than big solid dark inclusions as there is a better chance that it will be tough to see anything without magnification. If you aren't sure based on either the vendors word or the pics you've been given, you can always ask for a couple more pics from a few angles/distances to confirm.
Good luck

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you'll be able to see them if you LOOK for them. However, just in passing, it could be eye clean. Do you have a return policy?

lopata21

Rough_Rock

Thanks all for the replies, I've attached another image of a stone that's a G-SI1 that claims to be eye clean. This G colored stone is the same carat weight (1 carat) as the H above, but costs $4700 vs $3600 for the H.

Do you think this G is clearer or more "eye clean"? I know this is all very subjective, but I am trying to make my decision between these two and if the extra $1000 is even justifiable.

g_si1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are low prices. Are these stones GIA graded?

If they are GIA graded, give us these numbers from their reports:

table
depth
crown angle
pavilion angle
diameter measurements

lopata21

Rough_Rock

I do no have the numbers on hand, but both are GIA graded, triple excellent, and have HCA scores of 1.3 and 1.7 for the G and H stone respectively.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

That H could be but it really depends on your definition of eye clean. I viewed a 2ct stone that had similar inclusions and it wasn't eye clean in all lighting situations. Perhaps it's the larger facets but when you moved the diamond around in certain lighting you could see some artifacts.

The G does look like it could be eye clean and might be a safer choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results