shape
carat
color
clarity

I was in cartier today -please help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I have been bitten by the Stacking bug! I am also looking for something to wear for when I am running around with the kids!

Please help me choose, not based on your love for the "Signature Cartier Look" but what looks good on my hand.

I am also a little confused with what size the stones should be in the eternity band as the didn''t seem to have stones in between the two sizes for me to look at. The eternity rings was about 1mm wide but I do not know what size the stones were. I was thinking may be .02 points each. Please correct me if I am wrong. I also tried on an eternity band with .06 points each and it overshadowed the middle band. I''m just afraid that once I get out of the jewelers lights that the eternity with the smaller stones will disappear.

I tried on the pink gold eternity band but the stones disappeared entirely.

I tried on the two smaller eternities with the 3 gold Trinity in between
I tried on the two smaller eternties with a 5mm platinum band in between

Many thanks

platinumeternity1.jpg

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Trinity with eternity..

trinityeternitysmall.jpg

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
trying again

trinitytrinity.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Very glamorous.

Here's my opinion (don't hurt me) I like the smaller stones. I don't think they would disappear at all. I vote for the smaller size. I don't think they are "small." I think they are perfect.

BTW, I like the Trinity ring on your hand. I say this without regard to the fact that it is a Cartier signature look. The Trinity ring and the 2 bands are WOW.
6.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, you were in my Mecca. I love Cartier and am working on convinicng my FI to get our bands there.(he has been very generous with my other pieces from them)

Anyway- I kind of liked how the smaller stones looked. They really sparkled to me based on your pictures. I am not the biggest fan of 5mm band between though, but that is just a taste thing. I like smaller dainty bands which is why I probably am leaning towards the smaller eternities. I think they look so elegant and delicate. Also a HUGE fan of the trinity ring so that has my vote too. How does it feel on?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
sba771,

The trinity was comfortable. Would it help if the platinum band was 3 or 4mm instead of 5mm?

Thanks
Sparkles

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
ooh- I think a 3mm with those two eternities would be STUNNING!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the bands look gorgeous and sparkly!!
18.gif
Are all 3 pics of the smaller size or 3 different diamond sizes?

I vote for the smaller eternity bands too. I have the tri-color pave trinity and have gotten lots of admiration for it since. You can''t go wrong with cartier.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I think for aesthetic value its logical to assume that if the bands either side are 1mm then the middle band width should be the combination of the two bands together.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the plain band in the middle with the 2 e-bands. I think the trinity with the e-bands is just too much going on.
Your eyes just dont know where to go (IMO). I probably would go with a thinner band. Maybe 4mm.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I love the 2 eternity bands, just gorgeous! I like the look of the platinum band in between, but I would personally prefer it to be narrower.

Did you go over to Tiffany to take a look at their celebration rings as well?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the two eternity ring with the plain band inbetween, but think the plain band should be thinner. The trinity, while lovely, is too busy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn''t see the pictures too well, but I could certainly see the sparkle! Gorgeous!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 5:35:39 AM
Author: sba771
I totally agree. That was my first thought. The wider band seems off.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this picture which was posted in Celebrity Bling.

annakournikova12522.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:35:39 AM
Author: sba771
Me too!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkles,
I don''t know if you do, but I roll my Trinity a lot (like a worry ring). I wonder if wearing the eternities with it will result in abrasion.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 3:00:22 PM
Author: Maisie
Very classy look!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t shoot me but I don''t really like any of the combos. Something about a rolling ring just doesn''t look right to me with a ring stacked on TOP of it. I do like the celeb pix with the rolling ring stacked above a single thin eternity band.

I also concur with the abrasion worries. Wearing a rolling plain metal band like that in between two shared prong diamond bands (no matter the size stones) is going to result in scratching up the solid metal band. At least that''s my best guess. No first hand experience.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:24:52 AM
Author: Boom
I love the 2 eternity bands, just gorgeous! I like the look of the platinum band in between, but I would personally prefer it to be narrower.
My thoughts exactly.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the way the Trinity ring "curves" so that at the far left and right, it doesn't look as "wide" as it does in the middle. I think it looks great with the bands. I could concur that it would look great with the one band, on the inside. I don't like the 5mm platinum. I'll concur with the people who said it's too wide.

I'm sure Harriet and those who have said that abrasion might be a problem have a valid point that you should consider (I don't know what the metal of the eternity band is for one thing). I think the combination looks so good, I'd do it anyway, though, to be honest. I'd just maintain the rings, I mean unless the eternity is really going to just eat through the other one.
6.gif

Well, whatever you do, please post pictures.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys. I went back to Cartier today, they have 2 within walking distance here......The 4mm band did look better. I tried on a heavier, more domed band this time. The SA and I worked out the diamonds in the eternity band were less than .01 pt each. TOO SMALL.

We looked at a shared prong eternity that was .068 pts each, TOO BIG.

Didn''t I read that Mara''s is 0.05pts each. I was thinking the eternity band should be no bigger than 1.5mm wide. Or does anyone have any suggestions on diamond size as I may want to wear the eternity ring on its own sometimes.

Thanks

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oops Boom I didn''t make it to Tiffany''s . Will take a look online.

Thankyou for the chart - have saved it under my favourites.

So if I have a 4mm band, would a 2mm band on each side be to wide?

Thanks

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8mm isn''t a bad size. I think it would depend on the overall look. The band in the middle needs to look a bit more proportional that the photos above, I think.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody can help me please? I have hit a brick wall in trying to decide what to get.

I wanted the diamonds in the eternity band big enough to wear on their own so I decided on .03pts each. Is that a 2mm wide band. So then I would have to go 2mm for the eternity and down to a 3mm for the plain band? Is that correct.

Thanks

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oops....what is everyones thoughts on 0.01pts in the eternity band. Is it enough to wear alone , will the diamonds be too small to be noticeable please? Sorry for questions but I can''t wear out my welcome at Cartier. LOL

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 8:58:21 PM
Author: decodelighted
Don''t shoot me but I don''t really like any of the combos. Something about a rolling ring just doesn''t look right to me with a ring stacked on TOP of it. I do like the celeb pix with the rolling ring stacked above a single thin eternity band.

I also concur with the abrasion worries. Wearing a rolling plain metal band like that in between two shared prong diamond bands (no matter the size stones) is going to result in scratching up the solid metal band. At least that''s my best guess. No first hand experience.
Ditto!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 9:59:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 2/18/2009 8:58:21 PM
Author: decodelighted

Ditto!
Thritto!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:00:22 PM
Author: Maisie

I too like the look of the one band in the picture. I think two bands are too much and overpower your lovely trinity band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results