shape
carat
color
clarity

I wanted to get this... but chickened out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
the link isn''t working
29.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Pretty, why not get it? Does the guy have a good return policy?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a pendant from the bev k blow out dealer, which ate into my (non-existant) budget.

And I have no idea what I'd do with it. I was thinking of a James Meyer bezel but... it's totally out of budget and not a piece I need right now. Then I thought pendant and I checked out prices on bezel pendants... and again. With my husband out of work right now, it's just not responsible. I've been wanting an old cut badly, but the timing is just wrong.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I gotcha. There will be more old cuts.

I have actually starting going to estate jewelry auctions. My mom has picked up some stellar rings for a great price. Maybe that could be an avenue to go down?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:40:45 PM
Author: Noahsmom

I have actually starting going to estate jewelry auctions. My mom has picked up some stellar rings for a great price. Maybe that could be an avenue to go down?
A dangerous and seductive avenue. LOL. Yes, later on that would be a ton of fun. Thanks for the idea NM!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:42:12 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 2/7/2009 8:40:45 PM

Author: Noahsmom

A dangerous and seductive avenue. LOL. Yes, later on that would be a ton of fun. Thanks for the idea NM!

When my hubby calls and asks where I am, I just say "auction" and I can hear the groans.

Will you post pics of your new Bev K?? Please??

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, this is the second time this rock has come up for sale - the first buyer couldn''t pay. The first time it only went for $250, which is about what I''d pay for it.
Me thinks over $350 is too much..but hey, I also have a non existent budget at the moment, lol!

I was watching it and it does look pretty though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Someone bid on it. It just more than doubled in price. Too rich for my blood.

I got a pendant from the bev k seller posted on Hangout... but it's not Beverly K pendant. Just a little (very inexpensive) cute pendant for everyday. If I don't like it, I'll probably return it.

http://www.jrakeliquidationsale.com/shmvkn095300.html

AJ: Me too, I actually bid on it the first time. I did a search though or similar stones from a couple of dealers and the two I found were over $450.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:51:03 PM
Wow. Someone bid on it. It just more than doubled in price. Too rich for my blood.

I got a pendant from the bev k seller posted on Hangout... but it''s not Beverly K pendant. Just a little (very inexpensive) cute pendant for everyday. If I don''t like it, I''ll probably return it.

http://www.jrakeliquidationsale.com/shmvkn095300.html

AJ: Me too, I actually bid on it the first time. I did a search though or similar stones from a couple of dealers and the two I found were over $450.
Yup, its deffo not a good idea to post anything you want on ebay on PS, lol !
I know what you mean...I may have been more tempted, if I didn''t just buy an OEC
2.gif
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:54:00 PM
Author: arjunajane

I know what you mean...I may have been more tempted, if I didn''t just buy an OEC
2.gif
11.gif

Yeah. No kidding. Actually I''ve been wondering if I have an ebay stalker (I''m paranoid) I''ve noticed the same bidder out bidding me on a few auctions over the last few months. Probably just someone with similar taste. I''ve lost more auctions than I ever have (and saved a lot of money) though, so I decided to stop bidding until the last second.

Where''s the link to your OEC lady?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:58:40 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 8:54:00 PM
Author: arjunajane

2.gif
11.gif

Yeah. No kidding. Actually I''ve been wondering if I have an ebay stalker (I''m paranoid) I''ve noticed the same bidder out bidding me on a few auctions over the last few months. Probably just someone with similar taste. I''ve lost more auctions than I ever have (and saved a lot of money) though, so I decided to stop bidding until the last second.

Where''s the link to your OEC lady?
Weird about your ebay stalker
40.gif

Yup, its very hard to wait to bid if you find something you really like, I know the feeling!
But I just think about how much it irritates me to watch two bidders one-upping each other the whole time and raising the price, lol !

Do you use Auction Sniper?
I learnt about it here, and its pretty much the only way I''ll bid. You''re more likely to win, plus you won''t keep raising your limit all the time..

Haven''t received lil oec yet...its only a lil guy, hopefully this week will be here.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I don't know what Auction sniper is... off to find out though.

Oooh I'm excited about your OEC. Can't wiat to see it!

Okay... I checked out the sniper... COOLL BEANS! There's a type of jewelry I've been wanting badly. If John's interviews go well this week... I'm gonna give this a try! Thanks AJ!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s probably beau not wanting to get out-ebayed by a PSer!
emsmilep.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
That''s cute! It''s very simple and dainty. Great sale price too!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:08:40 PM
No. I don't know what Auction sniper is... off to find out though.

Oooh I'm excited about your OEC. Can't wiat to see it!

Okay... I checked out the sniper... COOLL BEANS! There's a type of jewelry I've been wanting badly. If John's interviews go well this week... I'm gonna give this a try! Thanks AJ!!
You're welcome gypsy! Just sharing the love as I learnt about it here too - now just don't outbid me on something I really want, ha! (joke - kind of, *shakes fist menacingly*) he he
5.gif

Up - lol
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s got potential NM. We''ll see. For the price, it was worth the risk.

AJ... I''ll try to stay out of your way. *cowers*
3.gif

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Nice looking diamond.

The current bid is $355, which is more than $100 above what it went for in the first auction.

It will be interesting to see what the winning bid is.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:29:17 PM
I think it''s got potential NM. We''ll see. For the price, it was worth the risk.

AJ... I''ll try to stay out of your way. *cowers*
3.gif
Ha, damned right missy! lol..
9.gif

I too will be interested to see how much extra it goes for - and I''ve got a feeling the seller has Gypsy/PS to thank!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just pics!!!!
21.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:27:28 PM
Author: Upgradable
It''s probably beau not wanting to get out-ebayed by a PSer!
emsmilep.gif
Hahahahahah! I was thinking the same thing!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results