shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to upsize my platinum ring, What does it entail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmtenney2002

Rough_Rock
I am trying to sell a ring. It is a Round and Baguette Diamond Ring In Platinum. It has four round diamonds alternate with three baguette diamonds in a platinum channel-bar setting.

This ring needs to a size 8. Is it costly and how would it affect the appearance and setting?

Thank you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not really possible from what I understand to size a channel set ring without completely redoing the ring...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have had a channel set wedding band sized and it didnt hurt it, but I only upsized it 1 size, I think they can be sized, but it would depend on how much sizing it needs and they way it is set, you would have to take it to a jeweler and ask them.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A good jeweller is going to be worth his weight in gold to you. A lot of customers will ask about resizing or a piece may need small repairs before being sold. Having a relationship with a jeweller will help you to be on his priority list (instead of last in line) and, if you bring him enough business, better prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results