shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to buy the diamond. Why shouldn''t I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nuhobby

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at information on the internet for a few months. I am getting engaged to her within a year, and we have just started to look at diamonds. The first one we looked at was really great, I liked it so much I think that I want to buy it. I think the price is very good, and the stone is amazing. I am only worried because the crown depth and culet are not perfect, but I have been told (by the manufacturer) that internet buyers often rely too much on numbers.

A. The crown depth is 12.5%. What am I losing out on, if anything, by low crown depth? BTW, pavilion depth is 43.0% and angles are all smack in the middle of the specs according to the cert.

B. The culet is 1.0%. I am worried about a "hole in the bottom." Also, does the culet and the girdle wear and tear as the stone goes through the decades?

Thank you

Josh Langer

Can we have the other specs too?
1.gif

Yes, give us all the specs. The numbers work together--knowing just one of them doesn't tell us much.

Others may disagree, but I don't think the culet matters much unless it's large.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP