shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to buy a ring in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Trixiebee

Rough_Rock
We would like to buy a ring when we''re in Toronto on a flight lay-over.
What are the rules, and does anyone know of a good source? (we are rather sure what we want)
Thanks.

Keith

Rough_Rock
In a few days I'll be writing up the story of my quest for a Canadian diamond here in Toronto. First off, why are you buying one here? I don't think you'll save any money at all, if that's your rationale. Sure, the Cdn. $ is lower than the US $, but the diamond market is priced according to the US $. So actually, with the Cdn. $ increasing in value, diamond prices are getting a little better for those of us buying with Cdn. $. With the 8% provincial sales tax, and the 7% federal sales tax, you're adding 15% right there. Don't know if you can claim the 7% federal sales tax back when you leave the country on jewellery, either. Then there's a 10% "excise tax" that's factored in to the cost of the diamond already.

But, if that's what you want...here's my quick recommendations. For diamonds at the best price, try Usacerteddiamonds. They are in Thornhill, just north of Toronto. I talked to Ashley there - she's terrific. For well-priced diamonds and nice designs, go to Robere's on Yonge Street (north of Eglinton). For more beautiful designs, go to Richard Booth on Cumberland Street downtown. For truly excellent service, competive prices, and the whole shebang, go where I went - Dynes Jewellers in Richmond Hill (again, just north of Toronto).

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
See, I told you you'd get a result with a different thread heading. Hope this helps you.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results