shape
carat
color
clarity

I want a wrap for my ring but....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
I really want a wrap for my engagement ring, but I dont know if one would fit??? Does anyone know? I dont know what the mounting or setting is called as it is custom, but I am going to enclose a picture of how high it is, so if anyone has any ideas let me know!~~~~ Thanks so much!

HPIM1334.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi likamarie - you''re right that finding a wrap for your custom setting will be a challenge, but what about getting a couple band-style (eternity, 5 or 7-stone, etc) rings to flank your engagement ring? The good news is given how high your setting is, you can wear pretty much any style band, except 3-sided pave (the diamonds on the sides of the band might eat into the gold of your ER). Lots of people here wear 3 rings together, and I think that would best approximate a wrap. Not that you asked, but I would personally prefer to have 2 bands; that way I could wear just the 2 bands together if I didn''t want to wear the ER. Let us know if you need pics - there are tons of examples on here!
1.gif
1.gif

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Thank you sooo much, I didnt even think about that!!! Do you think getting two white gold bands with diamonds would look good?? My husband has a two tone and I would like it to match:) Besides, I like to wear both yellow and white gold:) Thanks so much!!

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Also, does anyone know what this mounting is called??? Thanks:) I have no idea:) I really dont know much about diamonds, I just know there are beautiful..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current solitaire has a similar profile because it has a knife''s edge: it is wide. I will try to post a picture of it with its jackets.

Deborah
34.gif

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
likamarie, I am not sure what size this is going to come out. I hope that you will be able to see that the side profile of my solitaire has some similarities to yours. Then I will post a picture of how I used jackets with my ring.

Deborah
34.gif

SideViewOfSolitaire.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a collage a Pricescoper made of some photos that had been posted in different places of my ring with its jackets. The jackets were custom made.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBFSolitaireCollage1.jpg

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:37:57 AM
Author: AGBF

This is a collage a Pricescoper made of some photos that had been posted in different places of my ring with its jackets. The jackets were custom made.

Deborah
34.gif

WOW, your ring is beautiful!! The problem with my ring is that the band is so thick and has a channel set row of four diamonds on each side.. I am going to post a picture so you can see..the guy I bought it from sent me soome pictures he took of it! Thanks for your help:)

lbring82.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!! You could definitely have some custom-made jackets made to go with it...but I am sure that that is not the only way that you have to go! What look are you shooting for? I can think of some looks that I would like with your ring, but I don''t know your taste!

Deb
34.gif

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:23:51 AM

Your ring is gorgeous!!! You could definitely have some custom-made jackets made to go with it...but I am sure that that is not the only way that you have to go! What look are you shooting for? I can think of some looks that I would like with your ring, but I don''t know your taste!

Deb
34.gif
THANK YOU:) Well, as much as I would LOVE to have something custom made, we just dont have the extra money to do it. My fiance and I are students and on a limited income. I was completely ecstatic when I got this ring for 650.00!! We saved for months to have a 1500.00 budget for both rings:) I was thinking finding two white gold bands with diamond accents??? My husband''s band is two tone and I would like our rings to match:) What do you think??? Should I go with a thicker band or a thin band??? THANK YOU!!
28.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a band on both sides would look great (if it will fit the budget). I would go with 2 channel set white gold
bands (that dont have to be eternity - just half way around would be good). Not to thick but not too thin either.
I think that would look good but you really need to hit a few jewelry stores and try some things on to see what looks
good with your setting since the setting is custom it is hard to tell. I was thinking something like this (see link) but
after looking at your setting again I dont think it would fit. Its a pretty wrap though.

http://www.helzberg.com/product/engagement+%26+wedding/diamond+wedding+bands/1-2ct+tw+diamond+solitaire+ring+insert+1631050.do?sortby=ourPicks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey AGBF,
How many points are those stones in your eternity bands? I love that look and all the options you have
with those 3 rings.

Sorry for the little threadjack likamarie
4.gif

Tyty

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:04:00 PM
Author: tyty333
Hey AGBF,
How many points are those stones in your eternity bands? I love that look and all the options you have
with those 3 rings.

Sorry for the little threadjack likamarie
4.gif

Tyty

Thats ok :) Thanks for the help!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/5/2009 3:04:00 PM
Author: tyty333

Hey AGBF,
How many points are those stones in your eternity bands?
Hi, Tyty- I wasn''t ignoring you. I don''t remember how many points they are and the paperwork on them (the description written by the jeweler who made them) is in the safety deposit box with the wraps! I actually spent a lot of time looking through the archives of a forum on which I used to post to see if I ever posted the number of points in the wraps on the Internet, but I don''t think I did! In those archives, all I found were the specs for the stone in my solitaire! So I am sorry.

End of threadjack from my end.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/5/2009 11:49:35 AM
Author: likamarie82

I was thinking finding two white gold bands with diamond accents???

Should I go with a thicker band or a thin band???

likamarie, if you can get into some jewelry stores and try out some bands with your ring, you will see pretty quickly which look you prefer. If you can take some pictures to put up here and share with us, all of us will be glad to share in the experience with you, believe me! Do you have time to go to some stores in person?

Deborah
34.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. I''d go play with bands in the stores to see what you like.

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
I went to a few stores.. I found a ring guard that was beautiful, I tried it on and it looked great.. I asked the salesperson if there was a possibility they could soder and size the ring guards with my ring and they said yes.. But I would hate to buy it and the jeweler tell me that its not possible.. I am going to one more place today to see what I can find:) Thanks for all your help ladies!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely give it a try with the flanking bands! I think it would look lovely.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/9/2009 11:11:46 AM

I went to a few stores.. I found a ring guard that was beautiful, I tried it on and it looked great.. I asked the salesperson if there was a possibility they could soder and size the ring guards with my ring and they said yes.. But I would hate to buy it and the jeweler tell me that its not possible..

likamarie-are you saying that you want the band or bands permanently soldered to your engagement ring? I had not understood that that was what you wanted. Jackets (or wraps) are usually something that someone can remove or put on as she chooses. When you spoke of having eternity bands to wear with your e-ring, I didn't know that you wanted them permanently affixed to your e-ring. In fact, I am still not sure that that is what you want, but it seems to be. Would you, please, elucidate?

Deborah
34.gif

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:11:46 AM
I went to a few stores.. I found a ring guard that was beautiful, I tried it on and it looked great.. I asked the salesperson if there was a possibility they could soder and size the ring guards with my ring and they said yes.. But I would hate to buy it and the jeweler tell me that its not possible.. I am going to one more place today to see what I can find:) Thanks for all your help ladies!!

Likamarie82,

it is possible. I had a heck of a time with my new ering that hubby bought for me and finding a guard/wrap as my e-ring had a very wide head to it. Helzberg was where we finally found a setting that would fit - after 8 stores and they soldered the rings together for me and removed the little bars on the bottom that were driving me nuts. I normally know that we don''t recommend the B&M stores - but in this instance, i''d say very certainly consider them. From my personal experience the sales staff were exceptional and courteous and patient and their craftsmanship is top notch - again just my humble opinion.

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 5:21:14 AM

Date:
2/9/2009 11:11:46 AM

I went to a few stores.. I found a ring guard that was beautiful, I tried it on and it looked great.. I asked the salesperson if there was a possibility they could soder and size the ring guards with my ring and they said yes.. But I would hate to buy it and the jeweler tell me that its not possible..

likamarie-are you saying that you want the band or bands permanently soldered to your engagement ring? I had not understood that that was what you wanted. Jackets (or wraps) are usually something that someone can remove or put on as she chooses. When you spoke of having eternity bands to wear with your e-ring, I didn''t know that you wanted them permanently affixed to your e-ring. In fact, I am still not sure that that is what you want, but it seems to be. Would you, please, elucidate?

Deborah
34.gif

I bought the ring guard and had them soder them with my engagement ring.. I should get it back tomorrow:) I am so excited.. I will show everyone when I get it!! YEAAAH!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/11/2009 11:28:28 PM

I bought the ring guard and had them soder them with my engagement ring.. I should get it back tomorrow:) I am so excited.. I will show everyone when I get it!! YEAAAH!!

Tomorrow has passed. Well, you know what I mean. Where are the photos? Did you think that we would let this go? ;-)

Deb
34.gif

likamarie82

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:11:15 AM

Date:
2/11/2009 11:28:28 PM

Tomorrow has passed. Well, you know what I mean. Where are the photos? Did you think that we would let this go? ;-)

Deb
34.gif
Deb,

So it took 3 days to get my ring back and its beautiful!! I am so happy.. I will post pictures soon... within a few days.. right now I am so busy trying to find a reputable pest control company because I found termite swarmers in my kitchen!!! EEECKKK!! So, will show you soon, promise!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/15/2009 3:47:08 PM

So it took 3 days to get my ring back and its beautiful!! I am so happy.. I will post pictures soon... within a few days.. right now I am so busy trying to find a reputable pest control company because I found termite swarmers in my kitchen!!! EEECKKK!! So, will show you soon, promise!!

So sorry about the termites, likamarie! Have you dealt with termites before? A reputable pest control company will treat the ground, too, and give you a written guarantee! Someone has to license the exterminators in every state, too, so you shouldn't be at risk. Someone who works for you should be licensed! What state are you in? If you don't want to give a specific state, what region of the country?

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results