shape
carat
color
clarity

I want a new stone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wetzwrestle

Rough_Rock
I just recently bought an AGS, 1.127ct, F VS2, Ideal Cut with an HAC of 1.3 diamond. I love it but since shopping with girlfriend, she keeps “hinting” that she would rather have a larger stone than a cleaner stone (color and clarity). I found a 1.5ct with I in color that I think she would love… does anyone have any idea of how I could sell my original diamond??? (I live in Chicago…)

Thanks…

Keith

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you 'trade up' with the original seller? Some would do that... otherwise this could turn into a heck of an expensivea dventure with around 30% of initial cost lost...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Ana. Please see if your vendor has a trade up policy.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes...see what your original vendor says. Unfortunately re-selling diamonds means a big loss for you, no way will you make back even what you paid..or close. If the new 'I' stone vendor is willing to take the stone with some $$ for trade-up, you may get lucky, but you'll still probably lose $$. People tend to think that re-selling stones is easy--but in reality it's hard to offload stones unless you are a jeweler and in the biz. Even eBay would probably only net you around 50% of what you paid.

Good luck!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Has your girlfriend actually looked at any stones around 1.1? If not, she might not think it's too small when she sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results