carat
color
clarity

I want a bigger asscher. Uugh

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1488584246|4136191 said:
Jonathan at goodoldgold just showed his first protype AGS ideal cut asscher, it's quite stunning. Maybe reach out to him for a custom cut?
Maybe an ideal cut asscher will grow on me but I don't like the prototype. I don't like the contrast between the center facets and the scintillation and fire of the other facets -- looks dead in the center to me or like a poorly cut center stone surrounded by well cut baguettes.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first impression isn't a good one. It looks even smaller than an asscher (did he say if the two stones are the same size), I don't care for the dramatically clipped corners, and it looks to have lost the hall of mirrors effect. It seems to be an assher for people who like round brilliants, but a MRB is going to win size competition every time. I do get his point about seeing it in person, and I guess it is a different choice some may like.

I like my hall of mirrors "square emerald" asscher: getting drawn into the stone is why I like it.

For mine, I agree I need to go down to one band. I don't mind getting two bands because I don't always wear the asscher and I'm getting into the stack trend. BTW, B2C has some clearance bands... I picked up a 2mm sapphire half eternity for $225.

I took more pics of my asscher today, lol, and now I feel like apologizing to it. I went to whiteflash because I thought maybe I should go back to a MRB for the size satisfaction. I live in a small town though and I'm conscious of not being flashy: its the kind of area where millionaires live in normal houses, drive old cars and wear overalls: the standard of living is low here compared to a big city (getting a trailer on land is a perfectly acceptable option for housing), so big things stand out and not always in a good way.

I love how you can see the blue sky reflected in the asscher.

img_6670.jpg
img_6674.jpg
img_6660.jpg
img_6668.jpg

Yes, I need a manicure badly! Ain't nobody got time for that!

I have a bunch of jewelry coming-- the two pendants, three stacking bands and an emerald cut (lab created) 6.5 carat blue sapphire in a rose gold solitare setting (to die for)... maybe once all of that gets here, I'll stop obsessing about my asscher. What do you all do while waiting for custom made jewelry?!? Its killing me...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just for clarification ... I had posted that on my personal wall for opinions. Didn't know it would show up here but just to clarify ... this was after experimentation with ideal optics in square step cuts (asscher) and I've since constructed another with more steps under the table. This particular prototype however is more of a vintage styled one featuring broader reflections under the table and as compared to what is commonly being cut ... I've not seen anything like it. Also the one in the video was a 1.54ct I had cut down from a 2ct and had the spread of a 1.85+/- Asscher. The spreadiest square step cut with ideal optics I've ever seen as well. My latest construct however gets back to the more modern "hall of mirrors".

Peace,
Rhino

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino, nothing diamond-related escapes the detective skills of PS members! ;))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOPS! Rhino, I feel bad you read my comments, but I'm glad to hear you have captured the hall of mirrors effect. I'm all for more choices for diamonds: more, more, more!! I'm sure the one in the video is gorgeous with so much sparkle; I mean, who doesn't like a sparkly diamond?

In getting back to my dilemma, who where has more than one ER and who changes them out depending on mood? I'm thinking maybe in a few years of getting around a 2 carat warmer color OEC.

Plus, I'm thinking I have some sons who are growing up: maybe I (originally put college lol, slip) collect ERs and they can shop at mom's collection? :dance: :clap:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rhino.
I see the differences now.
I didn't mean to be disparaging.

Coming from you (one of the cut Kings!) I'm sure it's going to be fanfrickkingtastic.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
december-fire|1488643058|4136406 said:
Rhino, nothing diamond-related escapes the detective skills of PS members! ;))

LOL I know. :)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
whitewave|1488648225|4136428 said:
OOPS! Rhino, I feel bad you read my comments, but I'm glad to hear you have captured the hall of mirrors effect. I'm all for more choices for diamonds: more, more, more!! I'm sure the one in the video is gorgeous with so much sparkle; I mean, who doesn't like a sparkly diamond?

LOL it's ok. :) I actually prefer honest unbiased constructive criticism so your comments were not taken in the wrong spirit at all. :) You should see the little smile that comes to my face when I read them. :wacko: I'd share more here regarding updates to the work I'm doing but can't really.

In getting back to my dilemma, who where has more than one ER and who changes them out depending on mood? I'm thinking maybe in a few years of getting around a 2 carat warmer color OEC.

Plus, I'm thinking I have some sons who are growing up: maybe I (originally put college lol, slip) collect ERs and they can shop at mom's collection? :dance: :clap:

LOL! Too funny. :bigsmile: :lickout: I have two myself. One 28 (Sarah) and the other 24 (David). Both work here on the staff too.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1488650206|4136436 said:
Thanks Rhino.
I see the differences now.
I didn't mean to be disparaging.

Coming from you (one of the cut Kings!) I'm sure it's going to be fanfrickkingtastic.

Yea. There are absolute definite differences between Octavia and what I'm working on. The latest update makes it more notable as well. I have a few projects in the works we'll be releasing as the year progresses. I'm excited to release the next. :D

Kind regards,
Rhino

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jon
I can not wait to see your new asscher... :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GOG new cut does not look like a square or step cut...it looks more octaganol (stop sign) to me. Still prefer the Octavia.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results