shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried going back...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No, not "there," but to the jewelry store where I had a problem with the owner and he told me he didn''t want my business. I figured the day before Valentine''s Day they''d be busy and he wouldn''t call the police on me, if he even let me in.

Well, they buzzed me in, and someone went into the owner''s office to tell them "heeeeeee''s back....." The owner came out, shook my hand and said everything was OK now. I didn''t dwell on the past and it was good to be back because they have a great on-site watchmaker and that''s a valuable asset to me. So I feel good about that. In fact, I''m going back tomorrow since they have a nice 19mm (hard to find size) strap that will look good on one of my watches. At least I think so. I must bring the watch with me...

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Good luck and I hope everything is straighted out. This is causing you too much stress.
sad.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
RM:

How could a jeweler ban you in the first place, you've got to be every jeweler's dream customer with the number of watches you buy alone. Come on now, did you bring Looie with you?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Cohiba, it was the most sad and bizarre thing ever. I will let RM share his story, but I do recall how sad and upsetting it left him.

RM, I'm so happy that they have let bygones be bygones, and you as well. I'm proud of you. You must feel great about it too. Shop along now.
1.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Does this mean that the watch man is back too or is the onsite watchmaker different to the person I spoke to on the phone about watches? I guess they missed your business! They made a mistake but it is good that they can realize that and move on. Is the ferry watch still there?

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I would never go back to a place that kicked me out for whatever reason.

Now if they shoved some platinum and diamonds in front of my face and said here, take them, they are yours.... I would of course take them, then never go back again!
2.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
On the subject of going back, some of that I'll do in emails...

In this case. with the store, I made some mistakes and so did they, IMHO. I don't wanna rehash the whole thing again. I did the arse kissing in this case because I really DO need them, and they really DON'T need me. They are quite prosperous without my business, but I need access to a watchmaker, and they are the only auth dealer in the state for several of the brands I have.

I have 3 Breitlings which are quartz, battery powered. Every other auth dealer in town sends them to the distributer in CT for a battery change! This is not cheap. This store has a Breitling auth watchmaker who will change the battery, replace the gaskets and seals as needed, and pressure test the watch. One piece is a Breitling Chrono Avenger M-1 which is waterproof to 3,300'. If it is not sealed properly and tested, it is waterproof to 0". Big difference.

Anyway I have made up with the store, and I feel a lot better about that issue.

The former watch dept mgr is gone, a separate issue about which I know nothing and won't ask. The new watch mgr is a guy whom I also know of course. A saleslady was gone and is now back. Maybe the owner also has a diamond forum...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it worked out for you :}

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's nice to have a skilled watchmaker. He's the one who told me my Glashütte was hosed and needed work. I had bought it used. I sent it for a full underhaul and waited 5 months! I had the watchmaker check it today. Guess what! It's still hosed, amplitude is all off and he says send it back.

Oh sure, maybe someday I'll be able to wear this watch. Or my Grandkids will. I am really bummed by this. You'd think that after a $565 repair bill the stinking thing would be fixed.

At least one watch is in the shop all the time. I am due to get my Raymond Weil and Chronoswiss back next week. Maybe I shouldn't have the watchmaker check their timing......

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Roddie!

Glad to hear that the water under the bridge is now smooth.

Man, it would be hard not to have an auth'zd dealer/watch rep. center nearby.

This is great news!
10.gif

Have a great day!
Joy

Gingersjewels

Rough_Rock
Well, I can't believe I joined, but I must have a daily dose of my furry little love Rodent! He makes alot of my days. I'm glad this worked out for you and you got the things you needed. I honestly wouldn't want to come between you and a watch and Uncle Looie!

(CarmenTn in another place)
wavey.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I depreciate the kind words. I get so few of them.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
No No No ...not again. Not the Glashutte...Oh Rodie, I feel so disappointed for you.
errrr.gif

Well, at least you can get the others serviced without sending them off. Keep us updated anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results