shape
carat
color
clarity

I totally rock on eBay...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
haha... rock.. get it?
2.gif

I was searhing for a belly ring for my friend, when I came across a 14kt yellow gold belly ring w/ a bezel set .40ct H, SI1 diamond in it. Although it had blurry pics, I can still make out 6 of the 8 arrows shining. The lady said it used to be her engagement ring, which was turned into the belly ring after she divorced. It was only $115 at the time, so I took the chance.

And boy am I glad I did!

This diamond has the same diameter as my ideal cut 0.43 diamond, and it's cut just as well. I can see all the arrows clearly (though i can't photograph it this late at night), and it sparkles like mad. The crown appears to be steeper, so it throws of these amazing flashes of color. I'm ecstatic!

Including insured shipping, it was $137. No GIA papers... I was feeling bold. But luckily my jeweler said it's very accurately graded. Only one crystal under the side of the table. Completely eyeclean.

Oh yea, i was supposed to be shopping for my friend, huh? oh well. I'm converting it into a yellow gold bezel pendant!! The back is completely open, and it's flat, so my jeweler only has to attach the chains to the sides and take off the bar. It's nice and smooth too! yay for me!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are definitely the queen of e-bay. Great find.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i managed to get some good shots... gimme a min and lemme resize them.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, you just keep scoring on great finds. YOUR MY HERO!!!
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
pic 1

belly 5.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
pic 2

belly 1.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
pic 3

belly 3.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
pic 4

belly 7.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
fortkitty, it was $137. No GIA papers???? WOW
6.gif

you are so Lucky . the diamond looks very sparkle
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a deal!!!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the sworld of "used" Yay!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Forte, how do you do it??
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awsome!! Very pretty. Be sure and come back with the finished product.

And congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a fantastic find!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
YOU TOTALLY ROCK!
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
You do rock!!! Another great find. I am totally jealous!!!!! You need to start an ebay tips and advice thread so we can learn your secrets!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

hehe i am too busy on ebay trying to find paige jeans....i don''t have enough time to look for diamonds too. but i love your finds FK!! you are seriously the ebay diamond queen.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
hahaa.. i''m rethinking the yellow gold bezel pendant. Don''t think i''ll end up wearing it since i already have a .77 solitaire.

maybe 3 stone with green sides? I a ruby 3 stone and a sapphire 3 stone. No greens yet, and i love tsavorite garnets!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, ForteKitty! Incredible find!!!
Author: bling*diva*
~~Forte, how do you do it??
2.gif
Well, apparently one way is to check out the "bellly ring" section....lol...is there a "nose ring" department???

widget

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty AKA Queen of Ebay!

You are the luckiest person with such a knack for finding the best deals.
Can you buy me a raffle/lotto ticket??
2.gif

Beautiful diamond, congrats.... again!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 11:05:38 AM
Author: ForteKitty
hahaa.. i''m rethinking the yellow gold bezel pendant. Don''t think i''ll end up wearing it since i already have a .77 solitaire.

maybe 3 stone with green sides? I a ruby 3 stone and a sapphire 3 stone. No greens yet, and i love tsavorite garnets!
Another GREAT deal. Congrats. I like the idea of green sides. What shape sides would you pick?

You and Lady K are turning into real PS heros.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
haha.. maybe i should get my belly button re-pierced.
3.gif
i had it done during college, but took it out when i started working...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s just crazy. I''m going to have you start shopping for me. Love the stone...great find.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
WOW. I just came back from my break... it''s nice and blue skys today, and the diamond was on FIRE! I friggin LOVE it!!!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s amazing FK
What a deal.

Make sure you show us pics of the finished pendant

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, looks like a phenomenal stone. STILL jealous!
3.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 4:08:59 PM
Author: icekid
wow, looks like a phenomenal stone. STILL jealou
3.gif
s!
I ditto that. Wow, FK, we are just not worthy.
2.gif
Where''s the bowing icon when you need it?

shay

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
You are truly gifted. I''m going to have to start honing my ebay skills. I''m like Mara, too busy trying to find authentic jeans on there. sheesh.

but you are the queen of the steal and I love it!

I tip my hat to you!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a gorgeous find! and a real deal!

I too have started on ebay recently to look for some good deals, maybe you can share some ebay shopping/bidding tips with us?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!
1.gif

I think i''ve mentioned all of my tips already.

1) GIA / AGS reports only. (even tho i broke that rule with this one. but it was cheap, and she was REALLY nice and responsive.)
2) local sellers preferred. I bring my diamond tester and 2 loupes when meeting sellers.
3) laser inscription preferred. If not inscribed, GIA/ AGS report with plot required. (to verify diamond)
4) Search thru hundreds of pages once a month. do daily updates. (yes, a lot of time invested, but it''s a hobby...)
5) Sellers with good feedback preferred. I usually email them a lot prior to bidding, and if they are responsive w/ sending extra pictures, I will bid.
6) Crappy pictures does not equal crappy diamond. i know people usually can''t take good pics of diamonds, so i look for things like arrows that reflect. If i can see half of the arrows, it should be okay. Most of the time, i''ve been right. :)
7) Be able to recognize moissanites. I don''t have a moissy tester, so I have learned to identify moissys.
8) Just be wary! if something seems off, don''t buy it, no matter how good a deal!

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results