shape
carat
color
clarity

I think we found the setting style we like

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redmen99

Rough_Rock
She found a setting she really likes at a local jewellery store and we''ve been looking online for somethign similar

This is the closest we''ve been able to find ...

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/jewelry_115320
(click the detail tab to see better top and side views)

If anyone has seen similar settings, please post them ...

The budget for the ring and diamond is $3-3500 ...

Thanks

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Hm, can''t help ya with posting pics of something similar. Just wanted to say that I LOVE that setting! So unique. I love the line of pave up around the prongs!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely setting... I''ve never seen a split shank with the pave on the sides like that, so I wouldn''t know where to search for one! What''s wrong with that one?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 9:24:15 PM
Author: Tuckins1
That''s a lovely setting... I''ve never seen a split shank with the pave on the sides like that, so I wouldn''t know where to search for one! What''s wrong with that one?
Me either, different! Pretty profile.

This is more like what I''ve seen. But if you could be a bit more specific on what exactly you want, maybe we could find it. I''m wondering what it is about the one you linked that keeps you from getting it too.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Allegro-in-D--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1117.htm#

redmen99

Rough_Rock
There''s nothing wrong with the one I linked, as of now, that is the one she likes best ... I just figured it couldn''t hurt to post the link in case anyone else has seen a similar ring elsewhere.

Also, I did a search on Solomon Brothers and the reviews are mixed ... if the same/similar ring could be found on a site that has raving reviews and/or cheaper prices then it would make sense to get it there instead.

I also keep reading that it''s best to buy the diamond at the same place as the setting ... Whiteflash gets fantastic reviews on diamonds and service, it''s too bad their setting selections are a little small.

Ellen, thanks for the link ... I like that setting (and think my fiance would too) ... the listed price and a minimum size of 1 carat for that setting, I believe that would put us well over budget
(I saw they have a 10% off settings promo ... but she''s a size 8.5, that''s an additional charge according to the site, I have no idea how much more though)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree that''s a gorgeous setting. I''m a big fan of the split shanks
35.gif
35.gif

MaineVette

Rough_Rock
Wow, I really like that setting too! Nice choice.

If I can ask a question, how would a ring like this work with a wedding band? I''m having a hard time visualizing how the two would go together.

Either way it''s beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results