carat
color
clarity

I think this will by my last setting!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Technically this is my 4th setting.
Pic 1: First setting with my band - almost 20 years old. Wore them on separate hands since they did not line up but always thought my band looked like a cheap ER.
Pic 2: Took out stone and put it in this setting. The setting broke and was a little happy since I never found a band that matched and didn't love the halo.
Pic 3: Jeweler stated they were going to pop the halo with the center stone and place it on top of my original setting and instead they cut the ring and the side stones shifted and it did not line up. I gave it back to them 2x and they still couldn't fix it. It was a horrible experience and expensive with my local jeweler.

I was really disappointed over the whole experience and then I went to GOG!!! I will post that pic next...

img_11784.jpg

img_11785.jpg

img_11786.jpg

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THE SET!!! I was at the point that I was even looking for a new center stone. (There is an angle where it is not perfectly symmetrical and GOG was able to "hide" it perfectly.) My center is a brilliant cut, 1 carat H S12. I used the diamonds from my original rings to create the band. I still have 29 various sized diamonds left over the will be an upcoming project with them. I also want a matching band on top for a future anniversary.

GOG was so accommodating and spent so much time with me. The exceeded all of my expectations! It was a great experience and the overall set really did take my breath away when I saw it!!! I am ecstatic that my rings could look so beautiful!

img_11787.jpg

img_11788.jpg

img_11789.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third time is the charm! Love this rendition the best - really let's your diamond shine! Enjoy!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this new setting! It's definitely my favorite of the ones you've had thus far--I agree it lets the diamond really "shine". Congrats!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing evolution! The new setting is great and it is really nice they were able to use the stones from your original setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Great story! And I love the new ring!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! It was a crazy journey with a happy ending! I am so happy that I did not give up hope! I am also thankful to Ame for her expertise and guidance through this process and to all PS'ers for sharing their pics of rings, experiences and vendor recommendations! GOG is really one of the best and perfectly brought my vision to life!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting looks really nice! I hope you enjoy this one for many years to come!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new setting -- it looks really well made and nice on your finger. :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new setting looks fabulous. Very nice.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Simply awesome!!! I loved reading your post and seeing your journey in all the pics. But, my favorite was the second post seeing the brand new stunner. Gorgeous!!! Enjoy!!! :love:

Edit to add: I also really like the look of the wedding band with and without the e-ring. It looks perfect together or by itself for those less blingy days.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I was shocked that I could wear the band alone if I wanted to and it doesn't look too thin!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results