shape
carat
color
clarity

I think this eBay seller is stealing PSers' photos?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No charmys is in there

You always know its a bad sign when the photos are showing squared off outer edges.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Weird -- I don't get it. What on earth is this person selling, if they obviously don't have the ring in the picture?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree, and the pricing is way off! 100% positive feedback though, how do they manage that?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
They could be getting friends or they are buying items themselves has the feedback is very effusive - high prices not to have full certification = i would imagine even to a lay person the fact you have the same ring for sale a few times kind a gives the game away :wall:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a post the other day that had a Whiteflash emblem in the corner.
Nowhere in the past did the women mention WF or ACAs. I sent a message asking if the ring was the one in the picture and she replied saying her ring was just like that (which I seriously doubt). When I
See WF I expect the stones to be ACA like (it was a 5 stone) and of good quality. Very misleading.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sad that my suspicious were correct. I'm inclined to report this person. As an avid eBayer I want to protect the community. It's this type of thing that makes people scared to shop online. Maybe it's just a vendor who isn't tech savvy trying to keep up with the times. Then again this seems malicious. :nono:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I agree. It's very misleading! :naughty:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's crazy. I love that this seller isn't even creative enough to borrow (steal) more pictures. Seems that they're using the same ring images over & over but changing the carat wight. :wall:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1449331344|3957885 said:
That's crazy. I love that this seller isn't even creative enough to borrow (steal) more pictures. Seems that they're using the same ring images over & over but changing the carat wight. :wall:

Yes! And like Niel said they don't even do a good job of stealing the pictures they did manage to get.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Snowdrop13|1449303838|3957824 said:
Agree, and the pricing is way off! 100% positive feedback though, how do they manage that?
Ebay feedback is far from as obvious as it seems. Post some item like a postcard with a picture of a diamond for $1. If someone buys it, bully, but if not, buy it yourself. You don't even need to pay or deliver anything, just give the feedback and then list it again as a new item. After a few months, the details of the item are gone and all that remains is the title and what you said in the feedback. “Great diamond. Appraised for 10x value!!” Presto, 100% positive.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
denverappraiser|1449332850|3957890 said:
Snowdrop13|1449303838|3957824 said:
Ebay feedback is far from as obvious as it seems. Post some item like a postcard with a picture of a diamond for $1. If someone buys it, bully, but if not, buy it yourself. You don't even need to pay or deliver anything, just give the feedback and then list it again as a new item. After a few months, the details of the item are gone and all that remains is the title and what you said in the feedback. “Great diamond. Appraised for 10x value!!” Presto, 100% positive.

That's utterly terrifying. Probably sufficient to take advantage of a few poor saps and get away with the money.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ihy138|1449324259|3957858 said:
Sad that my suspicious were correct. I'm inclined to report this person. As an avid eBayer I want to protect the community. It's this type of thing that makes people scared to shop online. Maybe it's just a vendor who isn't tech savvy trying to keep up with the times. Then again this seems malicious. :nono:

Good luck with that, I have reported many who have stolen my photos and all it did was get the photos removed, nothing ever happened to the vendors.

If you do buy something and want your money back, they will not do it until you give them a positive feedback. The Ebay feedback system is a joke.

Wink

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you look at their feedback on Toolhaus you will see a lot of indications that this is a fraudulent seller.

They sold a lot of $5.00 items. They sold the same item over and over. All the high-priced sales were "best offer accepted." They also bought the same item over and over again. They buy from the same sellers, and even though the buyer's names are partially obscured, they appear to have the same buyers over and over. And now, there's not a $5 ring box to be seen. It's all expensive rings.

Plus a lot of the reviews--in both directions--are pretty similar. A++++! Grt! Best seller on E-bay! WOW!!!

All these are indications that they may never have had any real sales for hundreds or thousands of dollars, and that if you actually bought something the PayPal account would be emptied immediately and you'd never get a thing. Of course E-bay will close the account after you complain, but it hardly matters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results