shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I think that my Cartier charm bracelet is finally complete

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's news to me that Cartier even made charm bracelets! Your charm collection is amazing - thank you for sharing it.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Just amazing, @iluvcarats! But typical of you, your collection being the thing of beauty that it is!

I've never seen an all-Cartier charm bracelet before - how incredible! And what a piece to own! It's like looking at true design history.

Congratulations - it's stunning.

Thank you, mrs-b. Your posts are always so kind and complimentary, and they always make me smile. I’m not sure I’m a worthy recipient of all your praise, but many thanks!
It really is a fun bracelet, and I love wearing it. Plus I’m in the middle of reading The Cartiers by Franchesca Cartier, so learning the history makes me appreciate it that much more.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It's news to me that Cartier even made charm bracelets! Your charm collection is amazing - thank you for sharing it.

Thanks secretagentlaura!
I think that they have made charms for a while. A lot of the really early ones are often enamel. I think that mine are mostly from the 90s and early 2000s.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This bracelet started unintentionally about 10 years ago when I found a vintage Cartier paper clip bracelet at an antique show. It is from the 70s or 80s and the serial number and Cartier signature are just faintly visible. I loved it immediately, especially because it reminded me of the advertisements in Town and Country, which I used to look forward to every month for the jewelry ads. A few years later, I found a white gold charm bracelet on EBay that had 6 charms, one of them being the yellow gold panther. I bought that bracelet, kept the panther, and resold the rest on EBay. Then I slowly started collecting charms that I liked. They are the Trinity ring, puffy heart, panther, Love ring, and double C.
My final one was the double C. It just feels complete now.

* but I do reserve the right to change my mind and add more. ;)2
BE4DBB95-6174-4E03-82AA-62FC7F3E803D.jpeg F750B872-2349-4316-8211-0C134B0B2A2A.jpeg B63903AA-02BE-46BB-843A-3529981F369E.jpeg 3BDF4528-09B6-4456-98DE-C8EA5FB5AC26.jpeg

Well done
Its beautiful
May we see a wrist shot please?

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
So creative. So lovely.
Patiently waiting for wrist shots!!!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
OMG its even MORE divine on! Did Cartier do the work attaching them for you? The elephant is the perfect edition!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
OMG its even MORE divine on! Did Cartier do the work attaching them for you? The elephant is the perfect edition!

Thank you, jbkhere. They have a clasp. they just clip on and off.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Amazing finds! I didn't know Cartier even made charm bracelets. Thanks for sharing!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Now it is completely finished! There are no more links available now that I’ve added the elephant. He’s really cute with his emerald eye. 5A99904C-B5CF-4EB8-81C3-1C4AF1EF85E4.jpeg 6AC9E8EE-CDA1-4D98-9A53-323572BB4688.jpeg 25663F46-A90C-4E03-8EEB-DD2FB72C8B13.jpeg

OOOH and with the alhambra :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: What a collection you have! I do love how collecting something so lovely can become just that thing you do. Is it sad having the collection “complete” or will you will be on the lookout? I mean why not a charm of every link? ;)2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats on JOTW!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
OOOH and with the alhambra :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: What a collection you have! I do love how collecting something so lovely can become just that thing you do. Is it sad having the collection “complete” or will you will be on the lookout? I mean why not a charm of every link? ;)2

Thank you, ksluice!
I’m not sad. I have a lot of collections so there is always something to look for. As a kid, I used to collect rocks and sea glass, so I suppose that I really do enjoy collecting. I like just the 6 charms. I think it’s the perfect proportions. If they were on every link, I think that the charms would scratch and dent each other.
i don’t wear the charm bracelet with the VCA bracelet, I just happened to be wearing that when I took the picture.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Amazing finds! I didn't know Cartier even made charm bracelets. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Skhil,
I’m not sure if they still make them, but vintage charms are still floating around.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
i don’t wear the charm bracelet with the VCA bracelet, I just happened to be wearing that when I took the picture.

Well they’re rather perfect together, maybe its something to consider for special occasions of gorgeousness =)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where in the world was I when this was first posted!? I CANNOT believe I missed this thread!!

Every now and then, in even this PS sea of sparklies, there’s a piece that you know - you just know - is truly one of its kind. That there isn’t another just like it anywhere else in this world. This masterpiece is... That. What a totally luxurious, eclectic, and unique labour of love @iluvcarats :love: You have so many really special pieces but I think this might just be my very favourite :love: :love: :love:

And I agree, it looks “whole” with these six charms!! I love the order you’ve got them in, too, they look very balanced, both shape and size...

How often do you wear it? And how have the older charms held up over the years?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Where in the world was I when this was first posted!? I CANNOT believe I missed this thread!!

Every now and then, in even this PS sea of sparklies, there’s a piece that you know - you just know - is truly one of its kind. That there isn’t another just like it anywhere else in this world. This masterpiece is... That. What a totally luxurious, eclectic, and unique labour of love @iluvcarats :love: You have so many really special pieces but I think this might just be my very favourite :love: :love: :love:

And I agree, it looks “whole” with these six charms!! I love the order you’ve got them in, too, they look very balanced, both shape and size...

How often do you wear it? And how have the older charms held up over the years?

You are a natural born writer, @yssie. I always look forward to reading your posts because I so enjoy your immaculate descriptions of everything. You paint so beautifully with words.

I mostly save it for special occasions. Although I have been known to wear it grocery shopping, where the light is just perfect for sparkling diamonds. I have had a couple stones in the panther replaced, but the rest of the charms are holding their own. There are a few diamonds in the bracelet that probably need replacing, since it probably wasn’t meant to have charms sliding around on the links. But it just seemed so perfect to me as a charm bracelet, so I won’t mind if I need to replace a diamond or two every so often.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Such a great find--all of these charms!!!!!! The elephant is sweet. Did you come by it by accident?????? This such a great thread.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a natural born writer, @yssie. I always look forward to reading your posts because I so enjoy your immaculate descriptions of everything. You paint so beautifully with words.

I mostly save it for special occasions. Although I have been known to wear it grocery shopping, where the light is just perfect for sparkling diamonds. I have had a couple stones in the panther replaced, but the rest of the charms are holding their own. There are a few diamonds in the bracelet that probably need replacing, since it probably wasn’t meant to have charms sliding around on the links. But it just seemed so perfect to me as a charm bracelet, so I won’t mind if I need to replace a diamond or two every so often.

My grocery store also sees rather more bling than strictly necessary, for the same reasons... :bigsmile:

Thank you so much for your very kind words @iluvcarats!! But I have to say that a piece like this - it’s effortless to admire :love:

I did wonder about the stones in the bracelet itself - but they seem to be under into the metal of the links quite deeply, and none of your charms have diamonds on their bails, hopefully it’s a truly minimal amount of maintenance. Totally worth it!!

Thank you for sharing it with us. This seriously made my week. I keep coming back to the thread.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This bracelet started unintentionally about 10 years ago when I found a vintage Cartier paper clip bracelet at an antique show. It is from the 70s or 80s and the serial number and Cartier signature are just faintly visible. I loved it immediately, especially because it reminded me of the advertisements in Town and Country, which I used to look forward to every month for the jewelry ads. A few years later, I found a white gold charm bracelet on EBay that had 6 charms, one of them being the yellow gold panther. I bought that bracelet, kept the panther, and resold the rest on EBay. Then I slowly started collecting charms that I liked. They are the Trinity ring, puffy heart, panther, Love ring, and double C.
My final one was the double C. It just feels complete now.

* but I do reserve the right to change my mind and add more. ;)2
BE4DBB95-6174-4E03-82AA-62FC7F3E803D.jpeg F750B872-2349-4316-8211-0C134B0B2A2A.jpeg B63903AA-02BE-46BB-843A-3529981F369E.jpeg 3BDF4528-09B6-4456-98DE-C8EA5FB5AC26.jpeg

Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results