shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I''ve gone insane

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think my boyfriend and I are going to get married at Lake Anna in Virginia. I was browsing the web for receptions sites, and I stumbled up a winery. It is so beautiful...I can''t even begin to tell you. It looks so much like the wine region in Florence. Anyway, there was a link to request more info, and I DID! Is that weird? We aren''t even engaged yet. I''m having information-getting remorse. It asked when my anticipated wedding date is, and I put August of ''08. I feel like a nutcase. lol Now I''m afraid they are going to contact me and I''m going to have to tell them that I''m not even engaged yet.

Fun thing I did today part II:

I went to the David''s bridal site and used their new feature to dress my wedding. I want my colors to be rose and bronze. Has anyone else done this, or am I slightly more obsessed than the rest of you? Here''s the problem I am having:

The bridesmaids have rose dresses and bronze (actually chocolate) colored sashes, I think it''s going to clash with the groomsmen, which are wearing black tuxes with black vests and ties. I don''t want the groomsmen to have to wear rose vests and ties, and I think chocolate vests and ties would look silly with black tuxes. Good thing I don''t have to worry about this for a while! Anyone have any suggestions?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Ive done that too! Well I havent ordered any information but I want our wedding to be at

www.cabracastle.com

I adore the castle. Ive browsed wedding dress shops before too-its so hard not to when you''re thinking about it!

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Hi, lucky!

If you end up married in the fall, I think it would be gorgeous to put your groomsmen in vetsts and ties that are sort of old-world brocade-y. Does that make sense? I love those metallic brocades (some are paisley. other geometric in pattern) with the woven golds, pewters and bronzes. It would tie subtly to your ladies, and it looks very elegant with black. Not sure if that works for the warmer months, though...

BTW, I learned how to ski on Lake Anna. I think it probably took at least a year for the water level to come back up to normal; I swallowed so much!
3.gif

Good luck!

-J

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that some people don't even follow the tradition of getting engaged before marriage (not officially, anyway). Once they know or have decided that they're getting married, they just do it! The rest of us decide that we're getting married, wait around a little while for our man to figure out his proposal stuff, THEN start planning. It's only one extra step thrown in the mix.

I think that if you and your boyfriend already know that you will be getting married, there's no harm in planning. I think the line is only crossed if you wouldn't be comfortable having your boyfriend find out that you've looked at wedding planning stuff! At least, that was was the line I drew for myself--for me, it was okay to plan the guest list and wedding party stuff, but I wouldn't be comfortable letting him know I'd already looked at venues, etc.--just too much, for us!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I told him I did it, and asked him if that made me a pyscho...
His response was that I''ve been psycho for a while. Jokingly, of course.
9.gif

I do feel like I''m jumping the gun a tad, but I just think it''s fun.
12.gif

Bunnibling: Isn''t Lake Anna fun? It''s seriously in the middle of nowhere, but so pretty. My boyfriend''s grandparents own a huge house right on the lake. We were thinking of having the reception there in their big back yard, but now I''m seriously considering the lake anna winery. We went to Italy last summer, so I''m thinking of a Tuscan-themed wedding. I''ve changed my colors...again...to reflect that. Wine, ivory, gold, olive, and victorian lilac. Now that I have a theme in mind, my "pre-planning" is going a lot better! And I don''t have any qualms about the groomsmen wearing wine colored vests and ties, so it''s all working out.
36.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
lucky:

Lake Anna is great! My fam never had a place there, we just drove down (from No Va - Fairfax) for the day during the summer. I loved it and it was always fun. It''s been many years since I''ve been, but I remember it clearly and think that area would be a gorgeous ceremony location. My only worry would be the heat and humidity - it''s so yukky.
14.gif
My first (and only, to date) wedding was in December; I''m hot natured and was desperately afraid of being a sweaty bride. (LOL!!!!!)

Please keep us posted on the planning.

Best wishes,
-J

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Hi Luckystar,
No you are not the only one! My BF and I discuss openly about conversations such as, "When we''re married" "When we get our house" etc! I told him I look at wedding related things online such as venues, dresses and he doesn''t mind. We had a color theme discussion the other day. We already know we''re getting married in July 2009. The thing is, is that he is a teacher and can''t take vacation time like the rest of us whenever we want! Since he already knws he has time off in the summer during school summer break, we decided that would be the best time to get married. He is actively saving for a ring and I''m saving for our house/wedding. Once he buys the ring, then he can put his money towards the house/wedding fund, too.
Actually, he talked with a bank advisor about opening an account for first time homebuyers that lets you save for 18 months prior to buying. We are most likely going to do this next winter.

So, do not worry, you are not the only one "pre-planning." My cousin actually told me she planned her whole wedding in 6 months. I asked her how she managed to do this, and she told me she actually booked everything 6 months prior to him proposing, lol! I thought that was a bit much (ie putting money down on a reception hall, photographer vs LOOKING at one). She said she only did it since they discussed marriage throughout their relationship and knew they would get married. I on the other hand, am waiting until that ring is on my finger, lol!

Do you have any idea when your BF will propose? Mine is thinking around summer 2008. Now, he may be saying that to throw me off (he loves to surprise me), but he knows that we need at least a year to plan a wedding and this gives him adequate time to save for a ring.

PS My colors are going to be celadon and champagne, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results