shape
carat
color
clarity

I think its time...but I could use some help!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Hello all.

I have been doing research for a few months now about engagement rings (mainly on pricescope) and I am now ready to start asking some of my own questions. I have narrowed it down to round diamonds and I know the type of ring she wants. I have visited B&M stores and I have been to the diamond district in my city, but I cannot commit to buying anything (nothing is giving me that ''wow'' factor).

About a week ago I discovered Whiteflash.com (via Pricescope) and fell in love with their site and their selection.

I am really leaning towards purchasing from them. I could sure use some fellow peers'' opinions and suggestions, everyone on here seems so helpful.

I am looking for a Hearts and Arrows diamond from them, and I have a few ring designs that I like. I just think the Hearts and Arrows diamonds are amazing looking. Some of the pictures I have seen on pricescope are great. Questions below:

1. Is an H&A diamond from Whiteflash ''worth it''?
2. Is buying online a good idea (I see many have done so, but I am hesitant to)?
3. Would it be better to get an H -or- I SI1 H&A or a better color and clarity Ideal diamond from Whiteflash?
4. Does anyone have pictures of their H -or- I SI1''s? I would really like to see some? Searching the forums I could not find too many.

Like I said, I am fairly new, but from looking through the forums I know enough about diamonds to start asking my own questions. My hope is to begin here with research and opinions and end with pictures of a beatiful ring on her finger sometime in May.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:17:08 PM
Author:LetsGoPens
Hello all.

I have been doing research for a few months now about engagement rings (mainly on pricescope) and I am now ready to start asking some of my own questions. I have narrowed it down to round diamonds and I know the type of ring she wants. I have visited B&M stores and I have been to the diamond district in my city, but I cannot commit to buying anything (nothing is giving me that 'wow' factor).

About a week ago I discovered Whiteflash.com (via Pricescope) and fell in love with their site and their selection.

I am really leaning towards purchasing from them. I could sure use some fellow peers' opinions and suggestions, everyone on here seems so helpful.

I am looking for a Hearts and Arrows diamond from them, and I have a few ring designs that I like. I just think the Hearts and Arrows diamonds are amazing looking. Some of the pictures I have seen on pricescope are great. Questions below:

1. Is an H&A diamond from Whiteflash 'worth it'? They are very well cut and beautiful diamonds so if a branded h&a diamond is important to you plus the various benefits WF offer then it could be worth it to you. What is ' worth it' though depends on the individual buyer and their preferences.
2. Is buying online a good idea (I see many have done so, but I am hesitant to)? Absolutely - most of us here have done so with excellent results and would do so again in a heartbeat. If you are working with a trusted vendor such as WF then you can have every confidence.
3. Would it be better to get an H -or- I SI1 H&A or a better color and clarity Ideal diamond from Whiteflash? It depends, the term ideal cut doesn't always guarantee you a well cut diamond if this term is vendor applied, the only meaningful use of the term Ideal Cut pertains to AGS0 Ideal cut grade. But you could certainly find a very well cut diamond from WF which isn't a branded h&a if you prefer. Check out their Expert Selection to find the non branded diamonds.
4. Does anyone have pictures of their H -or- I SI1's? I would really like to see some? Searching the forums I could not find too many. Check out show me the ring forum as there are SI diamonds displayed there, the key is to always check with the vendor whether a SI clarity is eyeclean or not and make your expectations clear to the vendor so you are both on the same page. The trusted online vendors will be completely honest with you.

Like I said, I am fairly new, but from looking through the forums I know enough about diamonds to start asking my own questions. My hope is to begin here with research and opinions and end with pictures of a beatiful ring on her finger sometime in May.

No problem, just let us know what we can do to help!
35.gif

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you''re looking for the "wow" factor, then yes, I''d go with H&A. WhiteFlash has their line of A Cut Aboves and also Expert Selection H&As. Both should wow you.
2.gif

I would personally rather have a slightly bigger H or I (and within that choice, I''d go I) to have a slightly bigger stone, but everyone has their own preferences. A good many SI1s are eye-clean, and WhiteFlash can help you make sure you''ll like the appearance of a stone before you commit. My approach would be to lower color and clarity as much as you are comfortable to maximize size, but I don''t want to judge anyone who wants the best color or clarity either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results