shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I'm just going to just buy the stone for now....

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Hello

Just continuing from the original thread, [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-head-is-going-to-pop.160902/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-head-is-going-to-pop.160902/,,[/URL], (which I learned quite a bit from thanks guys!)... I think I'm just going to focus on a stone first then move onto the setting. It will light a fire under my tail to get this done :).

I found this stone for $33.6 (other details in attachment):
AGS cert
Cut: ASG Ideal 0
polish ideal
symetry ideal
proprotions ideal
Color AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity AGS 3 (VS1)
Carats 2.230
It comes with a setting I'll probably just sell.

How do I compare something like this to say this stone?
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1307906.asp

The James Allen stone is now gone :( but it was priced at about $31k. I'm most curious about how to even compare them.

Thanks
Sam

Attachments

• 983878.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Where did you find the stone? Is it a trade-in?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
slg47|1306952827|2935518 said:
Where did you find the stone? Is it a trade-in?
No actually I heard from a few people Costco has very good pricing on stones so I thought I'd try their inventory. They sent me this one. They only sell set stones nothing loose but they recommended comparing the prices anyway because many times people find their pricing is competitive with loose stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
older dqd - proportions based, no light performance simulation evaluation - definitely plan to see it in-person, find out if you like what you see, and have it professionally appraised, ensure that poor setting jobs and careless use haven't made their marks in the years since that report was issued..

GAH. IE.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I wonder why the cert is from 2005? is it possible to get it re-appraised?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
slg47|1306953612|2935541 said:
I wonder why the cert is from 2005? is it possible to get it re-appraised?

I have no idea... I sent them an email asking them. But if all is well how do I compare this to the other diamond?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
this is the only answer I got from them but I'll try to find out more:
Years ago we used to get AGS certs because people wanted Ideal Cut Diamonds and GIA did not grade cut.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Is it safe to say that the older certificate just isn't comparible to the new ones then?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
IbrahimSS|1306955625|2935562 said:
this is the only answer I got from them but I'll try to find out more:
Years ago we used to get AGS certs because people wanted Ideal Cut Diamonds and GIA did not grade cut.

I got a further reply from them saying:
...most are not this old. Most have newer (2009 or newer) GIA as well as IGI appraisal certificates. If you prefer one with these certificates I would suggest passing on this and continuing to look for something you are more comfortable with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results