shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I'm about to burst!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly think is a going to burst if I don't tell someone soon!!!

I'm half an hour away from meeting a 1.2 K/L OMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been putting out feelers for a large (6mm+) old cut for a good few years now but despite regularly checking in, I haven't had much success.

Then... This past Tuesday I had a message from a guy two hours away: "What would a 1ct old cut be worth to you?"

He very nearly sold it to his jeweller (who is apparently wanting to recut it to a modern cushion - what a bitch!!! :angryfire: ) but I was able to convince him to hang on until I could travel down today.

Now I know 1.2ct is pretty average by PS standards but I live in a small town in South Africa so this is enormous by mine. And I can't believe I'm viewing it today!!!

Holding thumbs that I like it!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I have it!!! I love it!!!

IT'S HUGE!!!!! :o

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Congratulations! Just waking up and this is the first thread I am seeing. Nice way to start the morning Trekkie, thank you. :bigsmile:

Pics please. :appl:

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Congrats. Glad you're happy with it. Are you going to post pics?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.20ct is nothing to be sneezed at, and I am glad to hear you've bought it! :appl: Looking forward to see the pics, as well as finished ring and hand shots in future.

Don't like MRBs and prefer older cuts myself (except for rose cut), however, I shall leave the MRB gifted to me by my mum as it is.

DK :))
Proud owner of a 1.19ct E VS1 EC :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, your excitement is fun to hear! Congrats and take lots of pics for us when you can!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
So pleased for you! The way you came by this stone sounds interesting in itself.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I practically had to wrestle it off him - he wanted to keep it for himself! The wrestling might have been fun - he's a tall, hot, well built Greek guy with velvety brown eyes you could get lost in! Humma humma! :naughty: But I'm married, soooooo. Yeah. I didn't notice his hotness. At all. *ahem*

This is my new precioussssss!

Please excuse the pics and general response - we've decided to stay in the city for lunch, so I'm on my phone. :))

ETA: the other diamond is 0.57!

_4002.jpeg

_4003.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy that you are happy. I wouldn't know an OMC or an OEC from any other round cut. Unless it has hearts and arrows, I have trouble identifying rounds. But you seem delighted and I love seeing you like that. Also: by my standards it is big. Not bigger than the biggest stone I own, but up there with my best!

Big hugs,
(((Trekkie)))
Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, I'm so excited for you!!!!! :appl: :dance: Getting a new sparkly that's been wanted for a long time is just awesome, it's a great feeling - I'm so glad this worked out! It's a great size and it looks beautiful - now I can't wait to see it set lol! Any ideas about a setting?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is lovely Trekkie! What color is she? She looks really, really white!

After your description of the Greek God I was going to tell you to post pictures....I bet he had a cute accent too!

Edit...I just saw the K/L! Hard to believe...she just looks so white!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting!!!! I also own a OMC and I adore her!! Please post more pics when you can, she looks gorgeous!

Q

Queenie60

Great Trekkie! Can't wait to see more photos of your gorgeous diamond. Enjoy!!! :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely fantastic! :appl:

It looks beautiful, and you saved it from going under the knife!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Very excited for you!!! Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy! Oh boy!!! How exciting!

I would be thrilled to be holding, let alone, owning a 1.2 K/L OMC.

Can't wait to see more of her :)

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love it! I'm so glad you didn't burst on your way to getting it. Congrats!! It's a perfect size.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I love it!!!! So happy you found one that makes your heart sing!!! Congrats!!! :appl: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Trekkie!.. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, how are you going to set it?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! If looks very pretty. Congratulations.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely, congratulations!

DK :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw my typo in the first line of my first post! I'm so embarrassed, lol. I was clearly very excited, haha.

Missy, thank you! I hope you have a great day further!

siv1, I am soooo incredibly happy with it! I have posted a few pics. :))

DK, I remember your EC! It is gorgeous! For the UK 1.19 is huge! And such high colour and clarity too!

MissGotRocks, you have NO IDEA how excited I am, lol! I'm glad you find it entertaining! :lol:

Polished, the guy who sold it to me says it belonged to a little old lady who was selling things here and there. I got the impression that it wasn't a distressed sale but more downsizing? Paring down to what actually gets worn? He said she had plenty more... I asked him to keep me updated. :)

AGBF, I can't claim to be an expert, but I just LOVE the way older cuts pick up the colours around them. They make me happy in a way my G VS2 H&A just doesn't. Not better or worse, just different. :))

junebug17, I am thrilled! In an ideal world it would an elaborate Tiffany Legacy style setting with lots of scrollwork etc but I think I'll just put her in a simple solitaire for now, until I get to know her better.

tyty333, she does have a slight creamy tint, and it's quite apparent next to my G, but the tint is not at all offensive and actually quite romantic looking. And ooooooomph but the Greek guy was a total hottie!!! So looking forward to buying from him again! :naughty:

Bonfire, oooooh! I went to have a look at yours, gorgeous! And an F! So super rare! She is stunning!

Queenie60, thank you so much! I'm predicting a photo avalanche, haha!

Jambalaya, thank you! And I'm so glad I did! Still haven't forgiven myself for the 1.98ct I wasn't able to save. :(

Rockinruby, thank you very much!

KaeKae, thank you sooo much!

ihy138, thank you! And it was close! Soooo close, hahahaha!!!

Kaleigh, thank you sooo much! And yes, she definitely does do that!

Dancing Fire, thank you very much!

arkieb1, probably a solitaire for now, but thinking of something more elaborate later on. Will see what the jeweller says on Wednesday. :naughty:

msop04, thank you! This is probably the most exciting thing that's happened in my life, haha! Definitely my most exciting purchase!

Marcy, thank you sooo much!

Thank you all sooooo much! This is why I'm so happy to be on PS - you guys get it. You really get it.

I was beginning to think this would never happen for me, or not at a price I could easily justify or afford. Just a few short weeks ago I was on here seeking advice on a 1.5ct L with a grey/brown undertone. It wasn't quite what I wanted, but the size was incredible. I received some great advice, reflected for a bit and decided to pass on that deal.

And look at me now!!! Sure, it's 1.2ct instead of 1.5ct, but it's not grey/brown! And it's what I've always wanted - a genuine antique! AND!!!! Less than half the price of the 1.5ct! So yup, I'm in bling heaven... *thinks of that 2ct* For now! :naughty:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems to me things worked out for the best for you. :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay Trekkie! So happy for you! It looks like a gorgeous stone and to hear that you got a good deal on it is the icing on the cake! Can't wait to see more photos!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
So pretty; congrats!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such wonderful luck Trekkie!! Can't wait for more pics!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your excitement and joy is palpable Trekkie! I'm so happy for you - you got the needle in a haystack. Which, I imagine, makes it all the more sweet. I hope you'll post more pics for us to ogle, it looks like a real beauty! :naughty:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trekkie, I think you struck exactly the right balance. You bought the stone, but only "window-shopped" the hot seller. Your OMC looks big and bright and lovely!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results