shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I hate my dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Liane..thanks so much...I just feel like it makes me look like Ive got the worlds largest hips and makes my waist look bigger.

Monarch, that is the main problem.... the dress is so big, the fabric sticks out in my hips...in turn making me look much bigger than I really am. I''m hoping what I can tell the seamstress is to drop the waist down somehow to make it look longer, which will hopefully make the dress more flattering, if not, I''ll have to see other alternatives, which I''m dreading a dress hunt, which will have to be rush ordered 3 months before my wedding.

So stressful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nov, I would get rid of the second piece of satin trim (not the one at your bustline, the one below it) if possible. That will help elongate the waist.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am built very much like you, and tried on a gown very similar to that one. I know exactly what it is about the gown that doesn''t do it for me...it''s the insets. They actually add dimension to the waistline rather than slim it. I found that something that doesn''t have a defined waistline but rather creates a solid line all the way down looks much more flattering, as does a slim skirt rather than a voluminous one. Corset back gowns really work to flatter our figures, and look great on a gal with curves.

Good luck with your search. You will find just the right thing.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Well, my mom was at the dress shop last night and purchased her dress. She sent me a picture of it and its absolutely gorgeous. She is going to look so pretty, she went with a dark purple color, which neither of us thought she would ever get purple, but she looks great in it!

She talked to the shop owner about my concerns and the owner said at this point they wouldn''t be able to refund our money even if we purchased another dress, and on top of that, they wouldn''t be able to guarantee a new dress would be in in time, even with a rush order, its the height of wedding season, so I understand. The seamstress at the shop is probably one of the best in the area and the owner has 100% confidence that she will make the dress fit right and flatter my figure. I do agree that I have seen this seamstress work miracles while I was there trying on gowns, so I guess I have that in my favor. I really hope this works out because at this point, I dont have another option, unless I pay my mom back for the gown and then take money out from our house down payment, which doesnt seem worth it.

ugh. Well...I''ll post pictures of the fitting, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Crossing fingers and saying prayers for you...good luck!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 8:36:42 AM
Author: Nov2109
Well, my mom was at the dress shop last night and purchased her dress. She sent me a picture of it and its absolutely gorgeous. She is going to look so pretty, she went with a dark purple color, which neither of us thought she would ever get purple, but she looks great in it!

She talked to the shop owner about my concerns and the owner said at this point they wouldn''t be able to refund our money even if we purchased another dress, and on top of that, they wouldn''t be able to guarantee a new dress would be in in time, even with a rush order, its the height of wedding season, so I understand. The seamstress at the shop is probably one of the best in the area and the owner has 100% confidence that she will make the dress fit right and flatter my figure. I do agree that I have seen this seamstress work miracles while I was there trying on gowns, so I guess I have that in my favor. I really hope this works out because at this point, I dont have another option, unless I pay my mom back for the gown and then take money out from our house down payment, which doesnt seem worth it.

ugh. Well...I''ll post pictures of the fitting, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Fingers crossed! For what it''s worth, I think the dress will be beautiful!!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It is a shame that your associations for this dress are not the best. But it really is a beautiful gown. You said you are kinda locked into this choice and so I like the other ladies really hope it clicks into place for you on this fitting.

But, as a back up. How about spending a min or two on the preowned bridal sites. You never know you might be able to pick up a bargain frock and you will have options; perhaps even to be a 2 gown bride.

Whatever you decide. It is just a dress. But $1000 is just $1000 and you need to be happy with your choice. There is no point spending money on a photographer to take great pics of your and your FI's big day only to shove them in a cupboard because you don't love how you look.

That said, it is all in your head
2.gif
. That dress is great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results