shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found the pink tourmaline ring! Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I found this ring and am wondering if I could possibly, just maybe get some opinions here
31.gif

Here is the info:

BRAZILIAN PINK TOURMALINE*

This ring has a bit of Antique Flair to it although new. Cast in a pretty 2 tone design that looks wonderful on the hand! The center is set with a pretty PINK TOURMALINE gem in a faceted Oval Cut measuring a nice 10mm x 8mm for a total of 1.80 carats! Set slightly raised in a sturdy 4 Prong mounting to showcase this gem beautifully... The color is a rich Rosey Wine with the most spectacular hot pink fire & sparkle with every move... Excellent quality and faceting makes this one a must have!!!

*DIAMOND*

For a little added sparkle, there are also 16 Genuine DIAMONDS. There are 12 set in a cascade surrounding the center. And another 4 set down the sides of the shank. They are in a RHODIUM BEADED SETTING to enhance the DIAMONDS. Total DIAMOND weight is .12 carats! They provide the PERFECT finishing touch to this elegant design.

The catch: It is an ebay ring which always makes me nervous. How much would you guess for this one??

Now for the pics!

can it be.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock

Hope this isn''t too many pics for you! Sorry!

side view 45.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Look closely at pic #4...the lower part of the tourmaline looks like it has black spots? Do you see it??

Here is #5

wowwy.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I am about to go to bed, but I wanted to see at least one person''s opinion first! Thanks SDL!
The only think is I will have it (if I get it) rhodium plated to be white gold.

Hope this doesn''t sound silly but,
I am a little unsure bc the center stone is 1.55, and my ering is 1.53.. I am afraid that I would begin to find my ering small after awhile! (Perish the thought!)
Does anyone else think it is wierd to want your ering to be the biggest stone you wear? I would love it if it were a carat at most.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful! I love the color of the tourmaline and the split shank.
9.gif
I totally agree with you wanting to get it rhodium plated. I think it will look more stunning in white gold.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think that it''s lovely. I would check out the seller''s feedback & their return policy.

Opallover

Rough_Rock
Defintely check out the seller feedback and it is an absolutely gorgeous ring!! I once had a black opal ring surrounded by a pink and green tourmaline. But it was stolen by one of my dad''s friends.

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a yummie
18.gif
ring Sophie, no matter how much you paid for it in E-Bay. I''m not that biased against eBay actually, if you search enough, sometimes you can make some great finds. As for the fedback, sure, it''s a useful tool but the system does bias you against new "hopefuls" who don''t have thousands of sales under their belt.

Er.... satisfy my curiosity please... How much DID you pay for that ring????

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it
emthup.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Did you buy it????

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys!
No, I didn''t buy it! I have second thoughts, last minute... It was listed for $219.00. I think if the seller relists, I will buy it. I had 2nd thoughts bc I want it in white gold, so I was thinking about how often I might have to rhodium plate it, too.

Also I posted this picture awhile back, and San Diego Lady, you wanted to know the seller...it is rmjewels and it is Item number: 8903010990..

03_1_b.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh.... is that the next one you are looking at? IMHO, I like this one better.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
lol, me too!! this was the one that inspired "the hunt" a few weeks ago. I decided last night to bid, so I did. I am still watching the other, too. This is what I really like about it, the side view:

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Very pretty - both of them.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sophie!

I love tourmaline! Pink,Red & purples especially.

I have bought some loose stones, and I have also bought a purplish tourmaline ring off of ebay ... there are some good deals out there, and there aren''t. Also, just because the ad states that it is Brazilain tourmaline, it might not be. Those sellars most of the time are just basing that info on the person who sold it to them themselves. I have seen where a person took a gemstone to be apparised, and the gemologist definately could determine that it wasn''t Brazilian, but it was from Algeria. Just be informed.

I have learned from experience, that one really must look closely at the pic''s and ask lots of questions. They usually take alot of photos, and of course will post the best one. Especially with colored stones, it is hard to figure out if the coloring is correct, computer screens and coloring can vary, and sometimes it is hard to see if it is actually an inclusion of some sort, or just a reflection of something else.

In the first pic you thought you saw some black spots ... I saw them immediately, I am sure that it is some kind of inclusion, and personally ... that one stone would bother me to no end to see black spots.

I am always on the search for tourmaline ... Last year my patience paid off, I bought an italian white gold rubelite/purpulish tourmaline and diamond ring. I wish I had a camera to show off some of my finds ... maybe I''ll figure something else out.

Anyway, just be careful out there. Ask alot of questions, tear every single pic they have apart ... and even ask for add''l pics if you feel uneasy. My idea is even though I see something I have to have ... I always remind myself of what has happened in the past when I was in a rush, and didn''t take the time to "really look" and ask the necc. questions. And sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Have a great weekend!
35.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the info. I decided not to buy the ring. I got cold feet. I might just shelf the idea for now. We are talking about doing some rearranging in a few bedrooms so I may need the cash. Thanks so much for all the advice about choosing a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results