shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found my cushion....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allicat

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I have been an silent but avid reader of this site and am finally making my first post! I stumbled upon P''scope months ago and have since spent a portion of almost every day reading and educating myself in an effort to decide what I really, really, REALLY want for my e-ring. Lucky for me, by BF has been open to me driving this search and is still wanting to marry me after the ring-zilla I have become.
Struggling between an asscher cut versus a cushion cut and looking for both for a few months has been bumming me out not to mention stressing me and the BF out completely. I''ve had it all, B&M vendors that try to pass off princess cuts for cushion cuts or one that tried to show me a radiant that they called asscher. But that is all in the past and I think I may have finally encountered "the one". I thought I would post the specs and trust all of you to find anything horribly wrong with it! Any feedback is much appreciated and I love the informative, interactive community this forum has.

1.27 G VS2
6.64 x 6.39 x 4.03
Depth: 62.9%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Thick, faceted
Polish: Ex
Symm: Ex
Culet: none
Fluor: none

Oddly enough, I prefered this one to many others I was shown. Some larger (though not measuring any larger), some better color/clarity but this one almost started talking to me. It was bright, sparkly, lively and has larger facets - does that make sense?

Thanks all for hearing me out!
26.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
the numbers on that one sounds amazing to me!!!
36.gif
it''s soooo hard to find an Ex/Ex cushion, AND that one is not overly deep (also hard to find!) so you''re not losing spread. sounds like a winner!!

what will you do for a setting?

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
It sounds wonderful and I think the numbers look great. Most importantly, you found one you love the look of. I am sure it''s beautiful. I like larger facets too. Post pictures when you get them!

Congrats!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That looks really pretty.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
It makes sense - you have to find a stone that "speaks to you" and what a relief to find the one!!! My fiance looked at countless cushions before he found my stone. And let me tell you, the fact that I wanted a cushion cut ended up causing him a lot of stress because each one is so different. But it''s worth it!

Congrats, and please share pictures when you can!

allicat

Rough_Rock
Hi Reena and Cushioncut,
Thank you both for your reassurance. I think that I actually have lost sleep over this for the last couple of nights. No one in my social circle quite understands what I am going through, but I have a feeling both of you do!
Finding the right center stone is one thing and finding the right setting has been its own ballgame. I originally wanted an e-ring exactly like the Leon Mege asscher on his site that is seems to be everyone''s fave. But after looking at a number of asscher/sq. emeralds, I was horriblly confused by the different characteristics and the unfortunate reality that I don''t think we can afford the size that I think justifies the stone ( I don''t mean to offend, this is just my taste and a 2ct + is not in the budget right now - not to say that it won''t be later...
31.gif
) Also, do you like how I say "we" when it really means "he = BF"?
Anyhow, I just saw any cushions or asscher/sq EC that spoke to me. Until last Saturday...

Hence, I have decided that I want a cushion set in a pave-framed, 3 sided and 3/4 of the way around the band - a lot like what you are looking for, Reena! I have followed your story and can I please chime in that I can''t wait to see your e-ring!!

I will definitely post pictures when I get the diamond/ring.
Thanks again for the feedback!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 5:12:48 PM
Author: allicat

Hence, I have decided that I want a cushion set in a pave-framed, 3 sided and 3/4 of the way around the band - a lot like what you are looking for, Reena! I have followed your story and can I please chime in that I can''t wait to see your e-ring!!
ah!!! that is exactly what i have to the letter! leon is definitely your man--his work is exquisite. feel free to PM me if you want more info.
1.gif
i plan to post some pics of my own ring later on tonight.

allicat

Rough_Rock
For all of you that have found the cushion of your dreams -
Was it hard to tell yourself to stop looking already? I have been looking for so long now that it is natural for me to think that there is something better around the corner and to want to keep looking.
Tell me that I have an incurable disease and I will try to find the appropriate medication - in this case it is probably more p''scope!

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 5:42:25 PM
Author: allicat
For all of you that have found the cushion of your dreams -

Was it hard to tell yourself to stop looking already? I have been looking for so long now that it is natural for me to think that there is something better around the corner and to want to keep looking.

Tell me that I have an incurable disease and I will try to find the appropriate medication - in this case it is probably more p'scope!

This is funny! I am in the same boat. I love that you called yourself a ring-zilla. I really think men usually don't let women get involved in this process for good reason ;-)

I do not think there is a cure, but I do think you will just know when you've found the right one, and you won't want to look anymore. Just go with your gut and don't settle.

From how you describe your reaction to this one, it sounds to me like you've found it!

For your sake, I hope this is the case. The condition only worsens with time! Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the cushion purchase! it sounds like you have found a wonderful modern cushion!!! I can''t wait to see pix!
I admit that I did look online for a while...ok, maybe every now and then still....I''m glad to say I still haven''t found any better ones out there! Whew. So I''ve stopped looking as of right now LOL

Hey- I can''t see your avatat that well, is that your cat sitting up for treats? Love it!

allicat

Rough_Rock
MMM - Yes, that is one of my kitties! His name is Max and he is one treat-hungry mongrel! Your cushion and baby cushion are just beautiful and breathtaking!

I am guilty of searching through the internet for any potential cushions in my spare time, even in my not-spare time like now while I am at work. I find BN is the most rewarding as they have the biggest inventory of diamonds w/actual certs attached. I find I get frustrated with all the P''scope listings that do not have any cert. info.

I forgot to mention the price of the above listed stone - i hope this isn''t out of place, but I thought I would try to get some info.... The price given to me is about $6400. Is that in-line with what some of you cushion searchers have found or is that too much?

Thanks again to all for your reassurance and kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results