shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found my CUSHION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lola0918

Rough_Rock
So here are the 2 VERY different cushions sent to us by ERD. He picked these 2 based on our specs but wanted to show us the differences in facets. I love the one on the left. The right is too crushed ice for my taste. Sooo...what do you think???

Left stone- 2.70 G-SI1 VG VG 68.1% depth, 64% table 8.24x7.91x5.39 No UVF

Right stone- 2.51 F-SI1 VG GD 69.6% depth 63% table 7.69x7.39x5.14 No UVF

resized cushions.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i like the shape of the one on the left but the many black out spots (around the oustside) are distracting--maybe its the photo.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
hi lola! i agree with you, the one on the left is pretty! and i would agree that the one on the right is a little too crushed ice for my taste. the table % on the left is a little bigger than i''d prefer, but the picture looks pretty and as long as it is pretty to your eyes, i would go for it! of course, if it''s possible for you to see it person, i would highly recommend that as well.

if mark sourced these for you, i would ask his honest opinion on the left stone. he will be very honest with you and specific about any concerns he would have. i worked with him to get my cushion as well, and he was so awesome to work with, i would recommend him to anyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it be possible to get a close up on these?

Lola0918

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Yes Mark and Dan found these for me. I had to resize the pic because it was too big to upload so the original looks a lot better. CCL, the black out spots on the corner may be due to that. I wish I could post it at the original size.

I will call them and ask more questions based on the feedback I get here because I am so new to this. I have to say that this has been the most HELPFUL and EDUCATING site I have ever been on. I thank you all so very much for ''teaching'' me!!

Lola0918

Rough_Rock
Let me see if this works...

resizedSZ2.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
honestly--i prefer the style of the one on the left but i dont like the stone. the one on the right appears to be better cut

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lola. I know Mark has been working on a new ASET set up recently, did he say if he was ready to offer ASET images and could he get one for this diamond?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
if i may make a suggestion. go to www.goodoldgold.com (one of the pricescope vendors) and check out their videos and pictures of numerous cushions. there you will see various facet patterns etc etc. check out the august vintage cushions pictures for comparisons.

Lola0918

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for your honest feedback!! I''m so new at this and there is so much to learn. I''m overwhelmed. I''ve heard you guys mention ASET but I don''t know what that is. I''m going to call them and inquire. Here is another pic he took just for another shot...

szcushionresize.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 10:35:56 AM
Author: Lola0918
Thanks guys! Yes Mark and Dan found these for me. I had to resize the pic because it was too big to upload so the original looks a lot better. CCL, the black out spots on the corner may be due to that. I wish I could post it at the original size.

I will call them and ask more questions based on the feedback I get here because I am so new to this. I have to say that this has been the most HELPFUL and EDUCATING site I have ever been on. I thank you all so very much for 'teaching' me!!
Lol0918,

Pictures are only definitive for judging facet structure not light performance I am not even going to guess at the light return of these from a picture beyond very obvious features.

The one on the left is a 4 main modern cushion brilliant. The other one I have no idea, the virtual facets are so broken up its anyone's guess.

Request an ASET for the one on the left it shows more promise.

Edit: The one on the right is a 4 main modern cushion brilliant as well but with much smaller broken up virtual facets like "crushed ice". This is avery good example of why judging cushions from a Depth and Table % is impossible.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 11:02:52 AM
Author: Lola0918
Thank you guys for your honest feedback!! I''m so new at this and there is so much to learn. I''m overwhelmed. I''ve heard you guys mention ASET but I don''t know what that is. I''m going to call them and inquire. Here is another pic he took just for another shot...
Lola, this page explains ASET.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the left. Finger coverage galore!
31.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I like the one on the left, but I''m not a big fan of the crushed ice look.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I like the one on the left better but to be honest .. I am not loving it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I typically do not recommend diamonds from another vendor when you are already working with that you are happy with.

But .. I have always found the following stone really appealing.

Carat Weight: 2.39ct
Color: D
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Strong

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6823/

GOG239StrongFlor.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to know how the one of the left performs before committing. Can you see it in person, perhaps at an appraiser near you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results