shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found a pair...

pjam

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm in the progress of upgrading my mined solitaire, and I thought about getting diamond studs. I was looking at mined diamonds, but the cost of the well-cut stones I like is really high.

I've been following this forum for awhile to learn about MMD. I've read about people sharing their stories of losing their expensive studs, and I've seen a lot of photos of the beautiful earrings here. So, using the information I've been gathering here on the forum, I think I might have found a pair that might work for me. Please let me know if you think they work as singletons and with each other! Thank you very much.

approximately 2.60 ctw:

#1: GVVS2
Table: 57.5
CP/PP: 35.5/40.8
CVD
IGI Designated Hearts and Arrows
This one has a video. (I hope it works!)

#2: FVVS2
Table: 56.5
CP/PP: 34.7/41
CVD
IGI Designated Hearts and Arrows
This one only has a stock image. I guess that means the company does not have it on hand.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pjam

Rough_Rock
Hi Kim,

Many thanks for the quick response. Please share what it is about the cut(s) that don't sit well with you. (I am still learning!)

I'm now wondering if the H&A designation and the aset and hearts and arrows graphics are not as meaningful as I thought they would be.

Thank you for posting the options above. I will take a look!

Sincerely,
Jan

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim,

Many thanks for the quick response. Please share what it is about the cut(s) that don't sit well with you. (I am still learning!)

I'm now wondering if the H&A designation and the aset and hearts and arrows graphics are not as meaningful as I thought they would be.

Thank you for posting the options above. I will take a look!

Sincerely,
Jan

Hi Jan, the G has an unevenly cut pavilion and resulting leakage under the table. I prefer pavilion angles that are 40.6-40.9, so I don't love the proportions on the F. The H&A designation on the report is not that meaningful because IGI usually uses stock images, and you always need actual images to verify true H&A. Do you have ASET images for either stone? The images on the report don't include ASET images.

pjam

Rough_Rock
Hi Kim,

Again, thank you for the quick response! Thank you for clarifying your reasons.

I saw that the 41 was "outside the boundary," but I looked at a chart (so many charts) and with the 56.5 table the angles "worked." The only graphic (blue image) I saw was on the certification, so there is no authentic aset picture.

Even with the return policies of websites, I'm not much into packing things up and sending them back unless they are very different from what is advertised or described so I want to find out as much as possible before purchasing something online.

I looked at the two stones you posted and they are lovely, but honestly, I'm looking to go a bit warmer. Might you have a couple of G's up your sleeve? :o)

I haven't looked at Ritani; I've been spending my time at another site, so I'll head over there!

Again, thank you, Kim.

Jan

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I know it's a pain to pack up and return things. It's not my favorite thing either, but with the diamonds you never really know until you see it. I bought a Blue Nile diamond and when it came in I decided I wanted to go bigger so I returned it. It wasn't that bad of a transaction. Took about 10 days to get the refund as they had to ship the ring and verify its countenance before issuing the credit. Hopefully you're lucky and love the first ring you decide on! Happy hunting!

pjam

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing your experience, Momofive. I think that "going bigger" is a great reason to pack the little things up and send them on their way! I'm glad that it was a smooth transaction for you.

I'm still waiting for my current ring to be verified before my upgrade goes through. Perhaps I'm looking to get something in my hands (and on my ears) as I wait somewhat impatiently for that final transaction! :o)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim,

Again, thank you for the quick response! Thank you for clarifying your reasons.

I saw that the 41 was "outside the boundary," but I looked at a chart (so many charts) and with the 56.5 table the angles "worked." The only graphic (blue image) I saw was on the certification, so there is no authentic aset picture.

Even with the return policies of websites, I'm not much into packing things up and sending them back unless they are very different from what is advertised or described so I want to find out as much as possible before purchasing something online.

I looked at the two stones you posted and they are lovely, but honestly, I'm looking to go a bit warmer. Might you have a couple of G's up your sleeve? :o)

I haven't looked at Ritani; I've been spending my time at another site, so I'll head over there!

Again, thank you, Kim.

Jan

I like the cut on the Fs a little more, but these could work.

pjam

Rough_Rock
Kim,

Thank you again. Since you mentioned that the F's are better (no teacher or student ever said that!), I'll look at F's. But my eyes are going buggy right now, so I will stop for the day.

Thank you again for your guidance.

Jan

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results