shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmlaw98

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this stone?
.86crt, H, VS2, GIA cert, "Superb Cert-H&A"
T=55.3;D=61.1;Cr ang=34.3deg;Pav ang=40.9 deg; cutlet=1.7%The cert says it has excellent polish and symmetry. I ran it through the HCA and it rated as a 1.9(excellent) w/ excellent brilliance and very good- fire, scintillation, and spread. Its priced at $3997.Thanks in advance for your consideration of this post.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,This diamond's proportions look good. You can also find other options by using the Search for visual performance.
http://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp You are looking at top-notch diamonds-few people have seen diamonds this beautifully cut.Let us know when you've made a successful purchase!
smile.gif
lawmax

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mmlaw98, SuperbCert are very nice diamonds. Proportions are looking good too.Do you plan to send it to independent appraiser?

mmlaw98

Rough_Rock
Yes. I'm planning on sending the stone to Bill in Florida so that he can help me make a more informed decision. I do have a question though- since the stone is laser inscribed should I forgo the gemprinting or should I still have that done? Also, does the price, of the stone, appear to be a good deal in light of its attributes? Thanks again.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That's good. Bill is a great expert and he will tell you everything about this stone and it's price. As far as I know, Bill is a big fan of SuperbCert.
smile.gif
I suppose you will send the stone to Bill without paying for it first?As for Gemprint vs laser inscribing. Gemprint is more reliable identification since inscription can be easily polished out. Some insurance companies give 10% discount if your diamond is gemprinted. I'm sure Bill will give you more details on that.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My understanding is that Gemprint is good if you lose your diamond or it is stolen since the pattern goes into a national database.As far as being able to check that a diamond ring you pick-up from repairs/cleaning is indeed yours, you need to go to a jeweler that has a gemprint machine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results