shape
carat
color
clarity

I take it back, I love green.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember my thread from a while back about how I like green? That was with my tsavorite Tiffany stacking band.

Well. I made another purchase. And now I LOVE green.

Pictures first.

Looking a little blue in direct sunlight.

ETA: Disregard my fingers. They're dry and my dang nails keep breaking...

IMG_1137.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
In boring old incandescent lighting...you'll notice that the stone in more of the blue green in the middle, with yellowish zoning on two of the sides. Most people wouldn't like that, but I like stones with personality.

IMG_1150freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chillin'' with my tsav. Looking a little bit darker here.

IMG_1171freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
On my sheets, looking a little sparkly.

IMG_1164.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s got character alright. Last one.

IMG_1168freke.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild thats lovely. I heart green too
30.gif
30.gif
. Is this a mint tourmaline? I have one being set as we speak and it looks similar.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering about the mint tourmaline as well.

It's really pretty and the sparkle is amazing. Great photos!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stats and other info.

Bought from:
Artistic Colored Stones

Carat:

Stone:
Namibian Tourmaline

Cutter:
Barry Bridgestock (I heart him!)

Dimensions and Miscellaneous:
6.1 mm.
Round brilliant cut.
IF @ 10x

Probably going to do a stock ring setting for a RHR. I''m not sure if it would fit in a 6mm or if I''d have to do a 6.5 or 7mm. I''m totally open to suggestions.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks katebar and Pandora! I'm so happy with it! I wasn't sure I'd like it, but when I opened up the package it blew me away.

So here's a question--what makes a tourmaline mint or just green? (I feel pretty silly for not knowing the answer to this!)

ETA: And katebar-how are you getting yours set?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooo Freke, it''s very pretty and sparkly! I love the color. Can''t wait to see how you get it set.
36.gif
36.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love green and that is GORGEOUS. LOVE. IT.
21.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Did a bit of research - tourmalines not being a particular interest of mine (yet
27.gif
) - I'm still garnet obsessed for the forseeable future...

Appears that 'Verdilite' is green tourmaline in all shades - until it is blue enough to be termed 'Indicolite', or unless it contains chromium in which case it is a chromium tourmaline (artcutgems have a gorgeous one that keeps peeping at me on the picture sidebar here and saying BUY ME!).

Mint Tourmaline appears to be a kind of name like 'Fanta Orange' spessartite, or 'Smoky' Quartz - it just describes the colour better.

Please someone correct if I'm wrong here!

Having just had a look at a load of them, I'm thinking that yours looks more like a true 'green' there's a bit more depth of colour to it and a tad more yellow than the 'minty' ones.

It's beautiful, like a cat's eyes!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s a beaut! It does look like a cat''s eye. There''s a square cushion cut Mozambique tourmaline on ACstones that I''ve been drooling over for a while. Barry Bridgestock does great work.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that is one beautiful stone!!! I love the color, it is so sparkly. I can''t wait to see it set.

Linda

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty green sparkly!! Love it!!
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Frekechild I having set llke this. I paid a lot for it but looking at the prices on Artistic Colored Stones I''m scared I''ve been overcharged
7.gif

legacy%20color.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
And this is my stone it I think about 3.17

KateBartlett_0530.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,
I love mint tourms too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom, ahappygirl, Linda W, and Fly Girl, thanks for the lovely compliments ladies!!!

Pandora II-thanks for the info! (I can't wait until you get obsessed with other stones!)

Selkie! You need to jump on any stones you see on there that you like! I've missed out on a couple good ones because I didn't jump fast enough!

Katebar, where did you get your stone from? It's a gorgeous color. And I think it'll be beautiful as a Legacy type ring! I'm assuming you're getting it made custom?

I'm thinking mine is a bit too dark to be considered a mint tourmaline. But I love it.

ETA: And thanks Harriet!!!How's your tsav doing?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,
I love the blue secondary in your tourmaline.
My tsav's doing well. Eva17 took a few more pictures yesterday.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo!!!Where are they? Have they been posted?

The blue is one of the reasons I was attracted to this stone. It''s a bit quirky with the mix of colors, but it''s so much fun, and I''ve never really seen anything like it before!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The blue''s great because it means less yellow, which I personally do not care for in a green stone.
The new pics are on my original tsav ring thread.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 11:20:19 PM
Author: katebar
Frekechild I having set llke this. I paid a lot for it but looking at the prices on Artistic Colored Stones I''m scared I''ve been overcharged
7.gif
katebar,
Unless your mint is still within its return period, please don''t worry about whether you were overcharged. Just remember that you got a beautiful stone that you love!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t care for yellow in green stones at all either Harriet-although I quite like the tinges of it on this one, probably because they''d be less visible once set and I kind of like the imperfections. Plus it helps that blue is my favorite color! (And green is #2)

Thanks SDL! I really love Barry Bridgestock''s cutting. I compare his stones to other from other sites (like native cuts and portugese cuts) and his are just so crisp and clean and the stones just shine! I had no idea what I was getting into when I bought that first topaz. Now I wish I could afford to buy all of the stuff he cuts!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Aha, the mysterious 6.1mm stone! It looks great. Have you found a setting for it yet? I''m now thinking about a mounting from here for mine.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
the title of this thread is so funny to me, because this is exactly what i said to myself after i saw harriets green stones. her tsav''s and her mint''s...

when i logged on later that night and i saw this title i had to read to see what braught you back to green.

very beautiful and bright!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
30.gif
green, too. Alas, I am still looking (waiting!!) for mine. So I am glad that you took the time to share yours with us, Miss Freke. What a treat! I''m definitely on the look-out for a Barry stone too. Love his cutting
18.gif
Can''t wait to see how you set this baby. I''m craving a modern bezel like Neatfreaks, myself. Too bad it would be custom
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new tourmaline. It's gorgeous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 3:44:52 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I don't care for yellow in green stones at all either Harriet-although I quite like the tinges of it on this one, probably because they'd be less visible once set and I kind of like the imperfections. Plus it helps that blue is my favorite color! (And green is #2)
I hope I didn't insult your latest beauty. Sorry.
7.gif
It comes up as green/blue on this monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results