shape
carat
color
clarity

I spy a new signature setting on the Mark Morrell site...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reyang

Rough_Rock
Looks like Mark''s in the process of developing a new signature setting for a 4 to 5mm round diamond (roughly 1/2 ct size) called "Passion." Knife edge, 8 prong open weave basket, and what looks like a slight cathedral shoulder...SWOOOON
30.gif
hopefully we''ll see one pop up on a PS''ers finger in the near future...

here''s the CAD that''s currently up on Mark''s website.

CG951.jpg

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Love love MM stuff.

fantastic he is also making rings specifically in mind for the below 1 carat group. I nearly had a MM eternity, but in the end couldnt justify the price at the time, I still think about the beauty and fluidity of his settings.

Hope we get some hand shots from someone soon.
35.gif

d2b

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not so keen on that setting. I feel like 8 prongs are too many for a half carat stone. It just looks too busy for me

I am sure I will be in the minority though
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 3:17:02 PM
Author: Maisie
I''m not so keen on that setting. I feel like 8 prongs are too many for a half carat stone. It just looks too busy for me

1.gif
No, Maisie, I agree with you. I feel like this ring would be gorgeous with a 7-8mm stone and above, but feel like it overwhelms the 4-5mm diamond. It''s lovely, though!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea. It looks like an antique ring with the low setting and prongs, but it does overwhelm the stone a bit. Maybe he''ll be able to customise it to four or six prongs.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I definitely agree with others that say the 8 prongs overwhelm such a small stone!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d like to really see it from the top down

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
yeah I have to say I agree as well. a traditional 6 prong would be fine for that size stone.
I wonder what it would look like with the little diamonds in the head the way he does on Torchiere and Flame? That could add a little sparkle to the sides.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 3:17:02 PM
Author: Maisie

1.gif
I''m with you on this one. I do not like the wall/space/not sure what that is before the claws.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, I generally LOVE MWM''s stuff, but I''m just not feelin'' it for this one. I agree that 8 prongs may be a little much for a stone of that size... AND I really don''t like the definite, sharp, vertical "edges" on the shank on each side of the head. What is THAT all about? That just negates all softness and fluidity of the rest of the ring, in my humble opinion. *shrugs*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Me likey--would be great with a 12mm RB......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:02:58 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hmmmm, I generally LOVE MWM''s stuff, but I''m just not feelin'' it for this one. I agree that 8 prongs may be a little much for a stone of that size... AND I really don''t like the definite, sharp, vertical ''edges'' on the shank on each side of the head. What is THAT all about? That just negates all softness and fluidity of the rest of the ring, in my humble opinion. *shrugs*
"edges" that was the word I was looking for! thanks Lynn!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ya, have to agree with the other girls here - I feel the prongs would make that size stone look "spikey"..but generally I Love his stuff.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the rest about 8-prong being too much for a half-carat, and I''ll also prefer a more fluid design. Something like this will definitely float my boat...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mwm4-1234.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 10:54:34 PM
Author: gladyskristen
I agree with the rest about 8-prong being too much for a half-carat, and I''ll also prefer a more fluid design. Something like this will definitely float my boat...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yeah, babeee, THAT''S what I''m talkin'' about!
1.gif

One more thing I realized I''m not loving about the originally posted MWM design... I am all for center stones being set low and squatty, but that may be a bit TOO LOW. A wedding ring would cover about a third of the head of the e-ring!
23.gif
I wouldn''t like that.

Maaaaaark... I think you need to maybe rethink that design!!! (I say as if he gives half a whit what I think!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:02:58 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hmmmm, I generally LOVE MWM''s stuff, but I''m just not feelin'' it for this one. I agree that 8 prongs may be a little much for a stone of that size... AND I really don''t like the definite, sharp, vertical ''edges'' on the shank on each side of the head. What is THAT all about? That just negates all softness and fluidity of the rest of the ring, in my humble opinion. *shrugs*
Ditto. I usually find all of the MWM settings swoonworthy, but this one just lacks the fluidity of most of his designs, IMO.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Looks a little too busy and detached. Not fluid and clean like his other signature settings.

A little off tangent: this is one setting I would never want any man sticking into Jello/Cake/Icecream to propose!!! It''s too hard to clean out.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how it will look in real life. I really like how low it''s set and if the prongs are small enough (tee tiny) then 8 might work like it does it in proper antique rings. Hopefully someone will buy one, find PS, and post it!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
That''s much better, the eight prongs were kind of overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results