shape
carat
color
clarity

I Sent My Ring to Rehab

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Several months ago I picked up a pretty ACC moissy in a lower color range, I wanted something close to a K/L antique stone. I love my diamonds but I can’t afford all the different cuts I want, dangit! The moissy sat unset while I figured out what I wanted to do with it, and also completed a cross-country military move. I was browsing DB and come across a simple (check), cheap (check), yellow gold (check) setting in the correct mounting size (double check!). The poor thing was pretty beat up and nowhere close to my size, so I sent it along with the ACC to David Klass for a little rehab.

ACC moissy:

50482496-4D94-4DA2-95A3-656EB944FAF5.jpeg

The setting started out life with a yellow Asscher moissy:

CFFE51FF-B203-4E96-8C4E-D35BDDF1C7DD.jpeg

And after resizing, buffing, polishing, and reworking the prongs, it was ready for my ACC:

C43492D9-EF17-4442-AC93-3BC76F6C432A.jpeg
1B09E8E7-15A0-43D4-B738-7465A8C5A36B.jpeg

I just love the job he did on the prongs! :love:

This is about the worst lighting I could possibly take photos in - the 1980’s bathroom we are renovating - and the diamonds in the band are F, so you can really see the color difference here. I’ll take better hand shots tomorrow that show the true color of the stone. =)2

763859C2-0CD3-4488-8D24-A043E51D0B1C.jpeg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a fabulous stone and a simple but beautiful setting! The yellow gold really compliments the stone! Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a transformation! Gorgeous!:love:

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful. Glad you found a setting you like and it compliments your stone quite well. Enjoy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks fabulous! DK did an amazing job on the prongs, awesome ring!:appl:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DK did an amazing job on the prongs! This ring is so beautiful and delicate. Where did you pick up the lower colored ACC? it's stunning and exactly what i'm considering.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! :kiss2::kiss2:

DK did an amazing job on the prongs! This ring is so beautiful and delicate. Where did you pick up the lower colored ACC? it's stunning and exactly what i'm considering.
I purchased on LT from a vendor called Unique Moissanite. I am probably going to sell this ring, I thought I could be a yellow gold person but I'm just not. :cry2: If you are interested here is my contact info: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/contact-info-for-mrsgreeneyes

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! :kiss2::kiss2:

I purchased on LT from a vendor called Unique Moissanite. I am probably going to sell this ring, I thought I could be a yellow gold person but I'm just not. :cry2: If you are interested here is my contact info: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/contact-info-for-mrsgreeneyes

I am definitely interested, i purchased a moissanite from her as well but it wasn’t the traditional ACC i was looking for (though still beautiful and i am setting it now). I will contact you!

triniti

Rough_Rock
Love your stone and your ring setting! <3 I bought an OMC (2.4ct, j/k color, VS2) from the same vendor and had it set recently. It's my favorite ring now. :D She had some really nice stones.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love your stone and your ring setting! <3 I bought an OMC (2.4ct, j/k color, VS2) from the same vendor and had it set recently. It's my favorite ring now. :D She had some really nice stones.

Post pictures of what you set it in! She did have gorgeous stones, i purchased her cushion shaped OEC and it’s currently with DK. Unfortunately i only found her moissanite after she had sold nearly all of them and there were only two left lol.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Agree with @crystalinmke! Please post pictures!

triniti

Rough_Rock
2018-02-22 14-49-42 -0500.jpg

Here's the photo I took the day I got the ring. It's a simple, classic tapered baguette setting in white gold - modified to accept the OMC. I hadMRoseDesign from Etsy make the ring. At some future date I'm going to have it redone in platinum, but probably not for awhile. Heh. I'll have to take a few more pics and post to another thread so I don't hijack this one any more than I already have...

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
2018-02-22 14-49-42 -0500.jpg

Here's the photo I took the day I got the ring. It's a simple, classic tapered baguette setting in white gold - modified to accept the OMC. I hadMRoseDesign from Etsy make the ring. At some future date I'm going to have it redone in platinum, but probably not for awhile. Heh. I'll have to take a few more pics and post to another thread so I don't hijack this one any more than I already have...
GORG!! I love a good tapered baguette, so classic and beautiful. :kiss2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If it’s *only* the yellow gold bothering you, can you have the ring plated WG?
Well, the lower color moissy only worked with the yellow gold (at least for me, that's the look I was going for). The setting and the stone together successfully achieved the look I wanted, I just wasn't counting on the yellow to pull so much green out of my skintone. :oops: I'll probably do the same thing all over again but with white gold and a higher color moissy as I really, really loved the cut of that ACC.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This turned out beautifully. I love those double claw prongs. :kiss2:
It’s too bad the yellow gold didn’t work out for you. I’m sure the ring will make some other lucky lady very happy. :D

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This turned out beautifully. I love those double claw prongs. :kiss2:
It’s too bad the yellow gold didn’t work out for you. I’m sure the ring will make some other lucky lady very happy. :D
I hope @crystalinmke doesn't mind me posting this, but this ring arrived to her today! Based on her email it sounds like love! :kiss2:

In the meantime, I'm working on trying to get a higher color ACC or AVC because I absolutely fell head over heels for this cut! Hopefully I'll be able to find something! :pray:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results