shape
carat
color
clarity

I sent my ring to Leon today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I finally bit the bullet and sent my 2ct square emerald cut to Leon. It has been in a temporary white gold setting since I got it in April and definitely suffers from USS-ugly setting syndrome. I've chosen the ever-popular "Classic" setting that Boston Jeff chose & am very excited! My Before pic is my avatar. I don't know why, but I'm a little nervous!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your baby will be fine, and just think of the photo shoot you will have for us.
9.gif
10.gif

shay

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!
36.gif
I''m sure it''s going to be beautiful. I can''t wait to see the pictures!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh happy day!! It will be back in no time! We''ll be holding your hand....Otay spankie?

Any pointers on what you learned in shipping...packaging...insuring...what about time frame on that design. Did he give you a reasonable time frame or has it changed going into busier gift months? Are there any adjustments you asked for? Same width etc?

Thanks for any answers ...and again Oh happy day!! Woo Hoo!

DKS

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it - it''s going to be beautiful!

blythe

Rough_Rock
Leon has my rock as well and know what you mean about feeling irrationally nervous. I went for the classic solitaire setting too despite all the lovely pave he showed me. Gorgeous. My work is so conservative I thought the pave would get too much attention. How sad is that... I asked Leon to take his time as I shouldn''t wear the ring until our 10th anniversary which technically is in -- gulp -- March 2008 but no way I''ll make it past xmas! I just bought the stone from Mark at ERD - he was as great as billed here at Pricescope. It''s a 3.2 carat cushion boston-jeff style (I blame him for this entire expense -- I was going to get a new car until I saw the lovely he put together for his fiance and I was smitten BIG time -- with the ring, not his fiance whom I''ve never met but sure is nice...I digress). I had a slow month at work in August thanks to the debt markets collapsing so thought I might as well go ahead and beat the xmas and valentines day rush. I know if you want a Leon for xmas you better get your order in before the first week of November (that''s what I was told). Leon and Mark are both very busy -- I flew into NYC and they met with me on a Jewish Holiday (New Year) -- they are that backed up. Mark''s wife was NOT happy with me as think I delayed the family holiday plans. Can''t wait to see your ring! Sorry for going on so on your thread but was happy to see I''m not the only one that feels anxious with such a huge purchase out of one''s control. So who else out there has a rock at Leons? Blythe

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and good luck on the wait!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Blythe-3.2 ct cushion? OMG I am sooo jealous. Yes, Boston Jeff had an effect on me, too. I had only recently purchased my stone THEN fell in love with cushions vicariously (sp?) through his search. Your ring will be stunning. I love the micropave, too--but I think my style is a bit more understated on a day-to-day basis. I do plan to wear a super-thin pave wedding band with the ring, though.

Vespergirl, are you going to trade stones? After your thread about your asscher "turmoil"-lol-(I''m having it, too) I went to my jeweler and looked at RB''s. I got sticker shock because honestly, to get as big as I would like it would be too expensive. The jeweler''s trade in policy is not that great and I would have to spend too much on top of what I''ve already spent. Soooo, I am going to dress my baby up!!!! I think part of my current turmoil is an ill-fitting, ugly white gold setting & Leon is just the person to cure that!!

Thanks everyone for your responses!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Door knob-

I sent the ring registered mail via usps for about $29.00. I am confident in this method as I''ve used it before--but I was scared the 1st time. The only modification is that I do not want the little "ramps" on the side of the ring that go up to the basket. The "ramps" are in a couple of the images of the style on his site, but not one. I want the setting to be as daintly as possible! I have no idea about the turnaround time! I am expecting 6 weeks or so? I am not in any hurry, but I would like to wear it!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Kelly thanks for the info!

When you say ramp thing do you mean those brace looking ramps he used on a 4 prong classic he refers to as the most delicate design he has ever done? These rampy things go up to the basket ring and then stop? Shaped like a T?

You see I have a round stone...and I don''t want "your RAMPS" either...and also no the cathedral wings. All I want is a basket. Prefer 6 prongs...but I think a 4 dual claw would be very Leon. I just want someone else to do it...exactly what I want so I can say give me the model sk500!!

Was he receptive to the no ramp request? Or was there more frustration in that it would have to be engineered stronger elsewhere?

Thanks again. I am so excited for you...
36.gif
and even more happy that you did it! I still remain a spectator. Arghhh!

DKS

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 11:36:03 AM
Author: blythe
It''s a 3.2 carat cushion boston-jeff style (I blame him for this entire expense -- I was going to get a new car until I saw the lovely he put together for his fiance and I was smitten BIG time -- with the ring, not his fiance whom I''ve never met but sure is nice...I digress).

Blythe
Hey Blythe--

Congratulations on your ring-to-be, and your obviously impeccable taste.
37.gif
Do you happen to have any pictures of the stone?

I''m very glad I had even a tiny part in guiding your $$$ to a much more meaningful purchase. Who needs a new car, anyways? They are almost impossible to wear on your finger---

Wear it in good health-- and please post pictures of my fiance''s ring''s big brother ASAP-- I stopped calling it "my" ring the day after I proposed.

Boston_Jeff

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DKS--

It seems by "ramps" that Kellyfish means she does not want it to be cathedral--

As far as whether Leon will be difficult with respect to design changes, I really do believe that it is a stone by stone analysis for him. On a big round, however, I would think he would be fine with a classic solitaire without the cathedral, as well as the other modification you seem to be interested in. Of course, there is only one way to know for sure!
3.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
hey kellyfish,

congratulations! It''s going to be gorgeous-- even though you are going from one simple setting to another, the overall look and lines and dimensions of this new ring is going to be a huge improvement.

and your stone is beautiful-- you''ll just have to get a cushion next!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy yay! Your new ring is going to be beautiful! I hope the wait time goes by fast!

blythe

Rough_Rock
Boston Jeff -
Sorry but no pictures of the stone. I haven''t had it in my possession yet as it went straight from Mark to Leon. But will post pictures of the ring when it''s done. Hope you don''t mind copycats. Your fiance''s ring is absolutely gorgeous and such an inspiration for me -- what a good job by you! If it doesn''t have surface-mount components in it my husband is not interested (hence the romantic present of a new car, bless him). Plus your mega cushion thread was a good 1st stop in my learnings about cushion cuts. Now consider myself an arm-chair expert. So keep your eyes peeled if you''re ever in Back Bay as that''s where "Big Brother" will be most days. Thank You!!! Blythe

LE

Rough_Rock
This is a great thread!

My boyfriend just mailed our WF rb stone to Leon last week. We mailed it UPS insured for almost $150.

Like the rest of you, I asked for the "elegant" solitaire with as little platinum as possible. I also asked for the cathedral to be hidden under the diameter of the stone (not sure if that makes sense). I''m so crazy that i had a dream about the ring two nights ago!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it once it''s finished. YAY for you. Leon does great work!!!!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kelly! I actually am going down to Tiffany''s on Sunday to look at the deco setting with a round that I saw on their website. I am still undecided I guess until I try them on, but I am really hankering for some sort of brilliant cut now :) I can''t wait to see your ring though - I bet I will be inspired & keep my asscher - I''ll want to send it to Leon too though! :)

I actually ordered some CZ rings today in the designs I was thinking of getting, so I can give them a "road test" before I decide whether to keep my asscher or trade it. i ordrered a 3 stone asscher, an RB solitaire, a cushion solitaire, and an RB with channel-set trap & round sides (similar to the deco Tiffany setting) so I can see what looks best on my hand & with my wedding band. I will keep you posted!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
How exciting for both of you ladies!

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:27:35 PM
Author:kellyfish
I finally bit the bullet and sent my 2ct square emerald cut to Leon. It has been in a temporary white gold setting since I got it in April and definitely suffers from USS-ugly setting syndrome. I''ve chosen the ever-popular ''Classic'' setting that Boston Jeff chose & am very excited! My Before pic is my avatar. I don''t know why, but I''m a little nervous!
I recently received my ring from Leon. I was nervous as well but it was for naught. It turned out perfectly. I''ve posted pics on how it turned out. I was told 4-5 weeks. On week four I hadn''t heard anything so I called that Monday. I was told another week but received the ring on the Friday of the 4th week. It was FedEx''d to a FedEx hold and when I picked it up it was locked in a box. I think the shipping to MI from NYC was $160 and it was delivered next day air morning delivery. I''ve posted a pick. Hope it helps!

img_1144 (2).jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks fantastic! That stone is to die for! You should do your own thread. I''m glad you had a good experience. Your ring makes me really happy that I chose that setting.............

LE

Rough_Rock
scvr, your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Can you post more pics? I''m dying to see some profile shots!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sevenone--I remember that mindblowing thread now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results