shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw the Rockdoc in person :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hugodrax

Rough_Rock
Went and had my diamond checked out by the Rockdoc very nice guy you can tell he is very bright in his field , very educational experience at first glance his office looks like some kind of diamond lab with all kinds of measurment stuff (if you go to an eye doctors office you will get an Idea of what I mean but add more) tons of stuff and reference materials,books, law books, measuring hardware, etc.. very interesting looks like the kind of place someone who really is into the trade. you really get a heck of a checkout he spent about 3 hours looking at the diamond with a finetooth comb he explains the process as he goes along and lets you see what he sees through the microscopes and other viewers. he is very careful to insure things are good measurement wise, calibrating the equipment checking and cleaning the diamond lots of times to insure and keeps all the documentation and stuff related to the diamond in its own protected container Anyhow if I explained all the details it would be a multi page post but in summary he is extremley detailed in the process and really takes his time looking at the rock the full reports are 30 whole pages I never seen such a detailed document but its pretty nice. I would definately recommend him, if you really want to insure things are okay and for the price you can beat the level and quality of service you get.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was browsing through RockDoc's list of services which he performs on a diamond at a cost of $125, and was impressed with the scope of it.

Actually a bargain for all the work performed.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Rook

Shiny_Rock
It looks like Rockdoc is involved with a new diamond forum?

I didn't realize that there were others out there?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rook

RE: Writing on other websites.....

I have written on lots of them including diamondtalk,and diamonds.net and others have been approaching me to write on their sites too.

Being one who has always had the conusmer's best interest at heart, and one of the few being a true independent appraiser/gemologist, I write everywhere I can. It is in the spirit of educating consumers.

Yes, Hugo, was here in person and we got along great. He learned a lot about his stone and he got to see varying results from varying methods of testing.

He did get an exceptional diamond, and an advantageous purchasing price for it.

Once I get some of the photos transposed from the cam to the computer, with his permission, I'll post some for all to see.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Communication about someone's stone, I must keep confidential between the client and myself, in order to comply with my ethical standard, so if Hugo says "don't post anything", I will honor that request.

Regards to all

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/15/2002 9:33:42 PM

Yeah, I was browsing through RockDoc's list of services which he performs on a diamond at a cost of $125, and was impressed with the scope of it.

Actually a bargain for all the work performed.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory
----------------

Thank you Rich for the nice comment.

Actually the time Hugo was here was three hours, but that didn't include some other work that I have to do yet and provide to him yet.

Scope Cam Photo copies
Digital Photo copies.

I also had a little trouble getting the Brilliance Scope to work. It was due to a incompatibility issue with Norton's Anti Virus Auto Protect and the B Scope. It's fixed now, as in the last update from Symantec, it repositioned that program which had previously been removed from the initialization stage.

Generally, depending on a lot of factors, it can take me as much as 6-8 hours to do what I do to analyze a stone.

Richard.... hope you come to visit the lab, since you were invited to come... it will be a fun day for you. So when are you gonna come?

Are you going to be in Orlando for the show?

Rockdoc

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rock,

I meant no ill will. I think it is absolutely great that all of you help us consumers and educate us.

I just recently ran in to diamondchitchat.com. It looks relatively new. I was also interested in what other sites there were, but I wasn't sure if Leo would take kindly to advertising other forums.

I visit diamondtalk often, but I find there is a bit too much idle chatter going on sometimes to hold my interest long. But if you post a picture of something you are interested in, you will get a lot of members opinions.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rook....

I know you meant no ill will, and I didn't take it as anything but a compliment. :)

Well, all things being equal Leonid, gets alot of people from different sites coming here to see and participate in his so what is wrong if people here find the information they seek at a different one?

Hopefully, he won't feel badly...and acknowledge that all the informational sites are a benefit as consumers pick up one bit of education on one, and other opinions from others.

Just because a consumer goes to another forum, doesn't mean he won't be back or still participate or benefit the advertisers of one over another......

Rockdoc

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I haven't decided on the Orlando show, but I definitely will take you up on your offer to visit your lab one day.

I'd like to fit it in when I'm going to be in the area. I'll give you a call with advance notice to see if it's okay. You don't have to change your schedule for me, I'll just hang around while you're working and shoot the breeze, or keep my mouth shut, whichever is appropriate.

Rich, needs the practice keeping his mouth shut...

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
By the way.... Thanks Hugo for all the nice comments.

Did you receive the photos in email?

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results