shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw a gorgeous peridot ring today at Bloomie''s....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
and I''m wondering if it''s worth the price. My bday''s coming up in two months, and I need that time to work on my bf, to plant the seed and water it.

For those gals that were there with me when I went on a mad hunt for a placer ring, the style I saw today was very similar to what we saw at Derco''s on Santana Row. For those who are curious, it was a round peridot surround by a halo, and pave halfway down the shank.

The one I saw at Bloomingdale''s cost $1520, but the peridot was a gorgeous color. It was a darker green than I ''ve seen at most places, and the cut was good enough where it masked my skin. Meaning you couldn''t see right through the stone to my skin.

So what you guys think? Should I start planting the seed now and watering it? Or is it overpriced? Should I try talking him into a trip to Vegas instead and forget about jewelry this birthday? Thanks much for the opinions!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh lets go see it! was it in SF or Stanford? hehee.

i loved that derco peridot except for the funky inclusions it had in it.the color looked wonderful with your skin tone. if this is a beautiful green and eye-clean then i''d say it could be worth it if you will wear it often!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Mara, you''re still up?!?! I thought I was the only one on this side of the hemisphere. I saw the ring at the new Bloomingdales in downtown SF. It was private preview day or something, and I couldn''t help browsing the jewelry section. The ring was GORGEOUS. Okay, gotta talk to my bf when he''s in a good mood.

And yes, let''s go see it! I''d love to try that ring on again.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been looking for a round peridot and haven''t seen any anywhere that look GREAT to me.

If you''ve found a GREAT one you should snap it up. There just aren''t that many out there right now. Go get it.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
hmmm.. Peridot...

How big was the peridot.. I think that you could proabably.. "make" one for a lot less and get a better Period. Sophie has a great Pink Topaz and I think she got the setting from Myy Jewelry Source. You should be able to find a very nice, bright peridot and still come out quite a bit less than 1500...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I'' m not sure about the price, but it sure sounds like a great style!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:02:26 PM
Author: MINE!!
hmmm.. Peridot...

How big was the peridot.. I think that you could proabably.. ''make'' one for a lot less and get a better Period. Sophie has a great Pink Topaz and I think she got the setting from Myy Jewelry Source. You should be able to find a very nice, bright peridot and still come out quite a bit less than 1500...

your ring does sound like a great style. Mine is right, I did get my setting from www.myjewelrysource.com they have tons to choose from and the prices are soooo low!!

I chose my pink topaz here from a local jeweler.

Does your bf ever use your computer?? Maybe mark some "favorites" of links to pages you like, or put a doc on your desktop with info for the pages...maybe he can get the hints from there....hehehe

I totally recommend my jewelry source. The lady was very helpful through the email process and you have 30 days to return it. they don''t even charge you until the end of the 30 days, they just put a hold until then....

and here is a link to my ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oval-spitshank-ring-with-new-pink-topaz.51193/ I think the diamonds looks so much better in person than in their pics so that is a plus!

there is this one from myjewelrysource.com.... just to give you an idea. http://www.myjewelrysource.com/peridot/gr3058-cushion-cut-peridot-ring.htm

oooh and here is another with an aqua, http://www.myjewelrysource.com/aquamarine_rings/gr1057_santa_maria_aquamarine_rings.htm

I love this one...it is set with a garnet in the pic http://www.myjewelrysource.com/garnet-rings/gr8030_garnet_rings.htm

this one is gorgeous!!!! a pink tourmaline: http://www.myjewelrysource.com/pink_tourmaline_rings/gr9128-pink-tourmaline-diamond-ring.htm

I know you can purchase these as mountings, and then buy your own stone elsewhere. They also set other stones for you, but i thought it was overpriced that way, and chose my own stone local..

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, majority wins. I''m going to shop around a bit more to see if I can find something for less. But I must say, the color of that peridot at Bloomingdale''s was beautiful. But $1500 is quite a bit to spend.

Sophie, no, my bf rarely ever uses my computer. He despises Macs for some odd reason. Calls them stupid all the time; but hey, MY laptop never crashed on me, unlike his PC laptop. Anywho, he''s not the type to get hints either. I have to outright ask him for stuff, or if we''re shopping together, point something out and say, get that for my bday/Christmas/anniversary. And thanks for the links, I''m going to be taking a good look around.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you like the color of the bloomies stone, I would suggest maybe having a peridot custom cut for you. Dan stair jr custom cut a stone for me and it turned out beautifully. I told him the color I liked, the shape, and the size, and bingo!! If it doesn''t turn out the way you like, you don''t have to buy. His website is customgemstones.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results