shape
carat
color
clarity

I recently became friends with a treadmill and...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:D Oh, I hear ya!! I did the preset hill mode 2 days ago... yow... my gluts are still screaming at me!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1361396094|3385615 said:
:D Oh, I hear ya!! I did the preset hill mode 2 days ago... yow... my gluts are still screaming at me!!

I'm training myself to run... so I'm doing the treadmill at home instead of the gym (for now anyways). I run for 1 minute, and then speed walk for 3. I do this for 7 laps. Haha, I have no idea how runners do it! I always said I would never run, but here I am trying. Go figure! :o

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
two_little_birds|1361410092|3385884 said:
Enerchi|1361396094|3385615 said:

I'm training myself to run... so I'm doing the treadmill at home instead of the gym (for now anyways). I run for 1 minute, and then speed walk for 3. I do this for 7 laps. Haha, I have no idea how runners do it! I always said I would never run, but here I am trying. Go figure! :o

That's great you are doing that, twolittlebirds!! good for you! I'm trying my best to just stay upright and not have a heart attack, when I'm on mine, so your goal seems so much loftier!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
twolittlebirds- are you following any sort of program or just trying it on your own? I have hated running my whole life, but after hearing about a few friends doing the couch 2 5K program in the past year or so, I decided to look into and got inspired to try. The first week is very much like your doing now, and over the course of 9 weeks you build up to running 30 minutes (which for me is really not 5K because my pace is still way slow, but it's sooo much more than I was ever capable of before). Anyway, I started doing it on the treadmill in October, and unfortunately the last 2 weeks fell right around Christmas, so I fell off the wagon just a little, but I'm still running on the treadmill regularly now and can't believe I can actually run a mile without dying now! Good luck to you in whatever you are hoping to do!

addiehampton

Rough_Rock
I enjoy running on threadmill nowadays .I bought a new pair of Zx flux shoes for doing exercise .These shoes are more comfortable compared to my previous ones which was stiff and uncomfortable .

iaahna

Rough_Rock
I also enjoy running on treadmill,
step1:
2 minute brisk walk,
step2:
2 minutes running at 12 km/hr,
1 minute normal walk,

I repeat the step 2 at least 3 times.

CharlesStrokes

Rough_Rock
Pretty fun to do running on treadmills, it’s crucial to have smooth shoes while we can take 1 minute normal walk and then step up for 2 minutes with running and repeat this.

P

PierreBear

haha.. have you tried running and having your gym turn the TV to your favorite channel? I don't know what it is but I love watching the food network even when I'm working out. Or watch an episode on Netflix on your phone?! People watch?! Change the gradient or run for X distance and change it up to pass the time. Running on a treadmill is a mental exercise as much as it is a physical one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an old thread but worth reviving.

The key to successful workouts is finding an activity/activities you love and will do on a regular basis. Exercises that will keep you engaged and interested and work the areas you want. Both weight bearing and cardiovascular.

There’s no right or wrong. It’s what will keep you engaged and going with it so you can reap the benefits. The best exercise in the world is useless if you don’t keep with it. This is for the long haul. A marathon not a sprint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results