shape
carat
color
clarity

I recently became friends with a treadmill and...

Discussion in 'Healthy Lifestyle' started by two_little_birds, Feb 20, 2013.

1. two_little_birds
    Brilliant_Rock

by two_little_birds » Feb 20, 2013
    Hehe, couldn't help but share! It's so true too! :lol:

treadmill.jpg

2. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Feb 20, 2013
    :D Oh, I hear ya!! I did the preset hill mode 2 days ago... yow... my gluts are still screaming at me!!

3. two_little_birds
    Brilliant_Rock

by two_little_birds » Feb 20, 2013
    I'm training myself to run... so I'm doing the treadmill at home instead of the gym (for now anyways). I run for 1 minute, and then speed walk for 3. I do this for 7 laps. Haha, I have no idea how runners do it! I always said I would never run, but here I am trying. Go figure! :o

4. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Feb 20, 2013
    That's great you are doing that, twolittlebirds!! good for you! I'm trying my best to just stay upright and not have a heart attack, when I'm on mine, so your goal seems so much loftier!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. jazzoboe
    Shiny_Rock

by jazzoboe » Feb 21, 2013
    twolittlebirds- are you following any sort of program or just trying it on your own? I have hated running my whole life, but after hearing about a few friends doing the couch 2 5K program in the past year or so, I decided to look into and got inspired to try. The first week is very much like your doing now, and over the course of 9 weeks you build up to running 30 minutes (which for me is really not 5K because my pace is still way slow, but it's sooo much more than I was ever capable of before). Anyway, I started doing it on the treadmill in October, and unfortunately the last 2 weeks fell right around Christmas, so I fell off the wagon just a little, but I'm still running on the treadmill regularly now and can't believe I can actually run a mile without dying now! Good luck to you in whatever you are hoping to do!

6. addiehampton
    Rough_Rock

by addiehampton » May 4, 2015
    I enjoy running on threadmill nowadays .I bought a new pair of Zx flux shoes for doing exercise .These shoes are more comfortable compared to my previous ones which was stiff and uncomfortable .

7. iaahna
    Rough_Rock

by iaahna » Jul 15, 2015
    I also enjoy running on treadmill,
    step1:
    2 minute brisk walk,
    step2:
    2 minutes running at 12 km/hr,
    1 minute normal walk,

I repeat the step 2 at least 3 times.

8. CharlesStrokes
    Rough_Rock

by CharlesStrokes » Aug 9, 2015
    Pretty fun to do running on treadmills, it’s crucial to have smooth shoes while we can take 1 minute normal walk and then step up for 2 minutes with running and repeat this.

9. PierreBear
    Brilliant_Rock

by PierreBear » Jun 20, 2016
    haha.. have you tried running and having your gym turn the TV to your favorite channel? I don't know what it is but I love watching the food network even when I'm working out. Or watch an episode on Netflix on your phone?! People watch?! Change the gradient or run for X distance and change it up to pass the time. Running on a treadmill is a mental exercise as much as it is a physical one!