shape
carat
color
clarity

I purchased a blue-purple spinel!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my latest fun purchase from Daniel Stair Jr. http://customgemstones.com/SPINEL/sp800.html

It''s a 1.05 spinel and I looooovvvee the color and the shape. I''m going to make it into some sort of pendant, have any ideas??

I will show you pictures of the stone in a few days when I get it.

sp800.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee!!! Gorgeous color, beautifully different shape!!! I''d do something where the flat side was on top and the point was facing bottom.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Great color! Definitely pointy side down...I''d want to halo it to protect those edges, but then again, I just want to halo all pendants these days! LOL.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I definitely agree with both of you that the pendant should go pointy side down. A halo would look pretty and make it look bigger or another idea maybe would be to do just a thin bezel to protect the edges. I could have the chains hanging off of the two flat top corners...but I''m really not sure what I want to do with it.

I''m up for some creative ideas.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What about a thick, tube-like bail that runs across the top and is pave encrusted?
31.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2006 7:36:32 PM
Author: FacetFire
What about a thick, tube-like bail that runs across the top and is pave encrusted?
Almost like a bar through the top of the stone where the chain goes through?? Interesting idea, I definitely hadn''t thought of that one. It would have to be a delicate tube, since the stone isn''t that large. The pave might help to make it a bit more feminine.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I have no means by which to do a photoshop image, but this is the kind of bail I was thinking of (only more delicate and pave encrusted). I thought it would look cool running across the top, give a bit of sparkle without overwhelming the stone. Then you could bezel set the stone to protect the corners or have it prong set with the corners protected. (Can you tell those corners worry me? LOL.)

tube_bail_pendant.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 12:19:26 PM
Author: FacetFire
I have no means by which to do a photoshop image, but this is the kind of bail I was thinking of (only more delicate and pave encrusted). I thought it would look cool running across the top, give a bit of sparkle without overwhelming the stone. Then you could bezel set the stone to protect the corners or have it prong set with the corners protected. (Can you tell those corners worry me? LOL.)
Cool idea, yes I can tell they bother you LOL! No worries, it''s a pendant...so I can''t possibly knock it around too much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Delightful stone! Look forward to seeing it set.

cheers--Sharon

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
hey kcoursolle, great stone! post a pic face down when you have it, right now we do not see the actual outline/perimeter as it's sitting on a pavilion facet.
Then we'll go crazy
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 5:52:43 PM
Author: Pricescope
hey kcoursolle, great stone! post a pic face down when you have it, right now we do not see the actual outline/perimeter as it's sitting on a pavilion facet.
Then we'll go crazy
9.gif
Don't worry, I will take lots of pics when I get it. I just wish my photography skills were a bit better. Don't go too crazy now...
9.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be here either saturday or monday, I can''t wait to see it too!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2006 6:46:13 PM
Author:kcoursolle
Here is my latest fun purchase from Daniel Stair Jr. http://customgemstones.com/SPINEL/sp800.html

It''s a 1.05 spinel and I looooovvvee the color and the shape. I''m going to make it into some sort of pendant, have any ideas??

Hi kcoursolle:
35.gif

I too like the shape of your stone...There is going to be an endless array of possibilities to have a beautiful custom creation by the time your done. Do you have a rough idea what medium you would like to work with like white or yellow gold...? Accenting diamonds?....Other ideas?
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 7:12:46 AM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut

Date: 10/25/2006 6:46:13 PM
Author:kcoursolle

Hi kcoursolle:
35.gif

I too like the shape of your stone...There is going to be an endless array of possibilities to have a beautiful custom creation by the time your done. Do you have a rough idea what medium you would like to work with like white or yellow gold...? Accenting diamonds?....Other ideas?
34.gif
Thanks coloredgemstonenut! It was a spur of the moment purchase and what honestly made me buy it was the cool shape and the beautiful color.

I have a few ideas of how I want to set it, but I''m still open to ideas and haven''t decided for sure. I am definitely set on white metals though, I think it will contrast beautifully with the color. One idea I have would be to do a very very thin bezel around the stone and hook the thin cable link chain on it. It would be very simple, but pretty. Part of me wants to jazz it up a little more and then the other part of me wants to keep it simple, so I guess I''m not sure yet.

I''m hoping I will get some inspiration when I get the stone and post pics.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the front runner so far, very simple but interesting. It would be set point down and have two cables coming from each flat corner.

DSCN6749_Small.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the very simple bezel idea.

gi_PTFB101_m.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a more jazzed up feminine version, but I''m not sure I love the milgrain.

asdfdfg.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful color!
36.gif
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
OH WAIT!! Is that photo from the top? I thought it was lying on the table and the photo taken from the side - is that the shape of the stone from that top? WHAT A COOL SHAPE!!
30.gif
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2006 6:50:01 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Wowee!!! Gorgeous color, beautifully different shape!!! I''d do something where the flat side was on top and the point was facing bottom.
It could be her superwoman talisman!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s my idea.... I would do a mostly-bezel lol turn it the other way and have bezel cupping the bottom and all 4 sides - with the two small top sides where the chain comes from and a lot of detail... and leave the top unbezeled (you could have support behind the stone) so as to look somewhat like a chalice... hold your energy... is that too new-agey? LOL! still... you could play up the short sides where the chain would come out with little diamond thingies of some sort - marquise or whatever and you could have a dangly from the bottom point.... I wouldn''t go far out of my way to make it look like a *cup* with a stem, but the thought of an open chalice at the top with points of diamond detail is pretty in my head! You could call it your font LOL If you are a water sign, all the better lol!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 2:01:42 AM
Author: :)
OH WAIT!! Is that photo from the top? I thought it was lying on the table and the photo taken from the side - is that the shape of the stone from that top? WHAT A COOL SHAPE!!
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks :), it is like a superman pendant shape and I love it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 12:07:44 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
here''s my idea.... I would do a mostly-bezel lol turn it the other way and have bezel cupping the bottom and all 4 sides - with the two small top sides where the chain comes from and a lot of detail... and leave the top unbezeled (you could have support behind the stone) so as to look somewhat like a chalice... hold your energy... is that too new-agey? LOL! still... you could play up the short sides where the chain would come out with little diamond thingies of some sort - marquise or whatever and you could have a dangly from the bottom point.... I wouldn''t go far out of my way to make it look like a *cup* with a stem, but the thought of an open chalice at the top with points of diamond detail is pretty in my head! You could call it your font LOL If you are a water sign, all the better lol!!
Cool idea, I definitely like the idea of callling it my superwoman talisman LOL. I didn''t notice it before, but it''s shaped just like superman''s logo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results