shape
carat
color
clarity

I proposed today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greg G

Rough_Rock
See https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-i-did-it-come-check-out-my-ring.5208/ for the story of the ring but this post is about the proposal!

It went so great! I totally surprised her! We finally had some decent weather so it was time for an outing to the beach. We had to trudge through some snow to get there but there was no stopping us from hitting the sand on this 45 degree day! I had prepared a shell by gluing a ring insert (thanks to Christan at GoG for that) in and put the ring in it (see the picture below). There where shells everywhere so it was easy to get us into a shell hunting mood. When she wasn't looking I snuck out the shell I had prepared. “Look at this shell honey”, I said pretending to have just found it. I showed her the back of the shell only. When she turned and was looking, I flipped it over so the ring was up, went to one knee, and asked her to marry me (I had a few romantic things to say but I’ll leave that between us
love.gif
). She was so stunned for a moment I was afraid she would forget that I was waiting for an answer! She said yes through tears (I have to admit my eyes where a little less than dry as well…) and gave me a big hug. It was an amazing moment that I will remember the rest of my life!

All the searching and learning was so very worth it! Of course the first thing I did when we got home was show her how to use the ideal scope and explain why her diamond was such a rare find. I also showed her my posts here and fessed up to all the fibs I had to tell to keep the ring shopping from her. No more lies I told her… at least until the next time I need to surprise her…
2.gif

-Greg

ring_in_a_shell.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greg: You a very classy individual. Your fiance is quite lucky and I hope the both of you great years to come in all your endeavors together. Wow...I love reading stories like this..Thanks for sharing the experience with all of us. I am glad that you had such a great experience with GOG too. They are top notch...
16.gif

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
10.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! That's cool Greg! We bet you totally blew your fiance's mind! Congratulations on your engagement! What a phenomenal way to propose! She'll remember it forever! The ring looks awesome... Looks like you and Jonathan did a great job of picking that puppy out!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Now that's a **cool** idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Greg G & to your new fiance too!

Great idea using the shell!

Best wishes.

Justme

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Your fiance has got herself a Romeo. That was sooo romantic. Good luck and FYI, my eyes watered reading your post.

Congrats!

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes from the Iceman

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Greg,
How wonderful & exciting!! Congratulations to you both!
appl.gif
Just so you know, you will now need to share her attentions between you & the ring.
9.gif

Great proposal story by the way.

Judy
1.gif

Greg G

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I thought you'd enjoy this:

Today my girl took her ring to work for the first time. Her co-workers where very impressed with how shinny her ring was. After seeing the ring, two of them returned to her desk wearing sunglasses so they'd have proper protection against the glare...
9.gif
. I was warned that I may get calls to help others pick out rings but I told her to just point them to www.pricescope.com.
10.gif

-Greg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greg! What a waaaay cool idea! That Christen has got some nice tricks up her sleeve huh? There's more where that came from!
2.gif
So glad to hear how everything turned out. Lord willing we'll get to meet your lovely fiance' too. Thanks so much for allowing us to help you during this chapter of your life.

Kind regards,
Rhino

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
***sniffle****
love.gif

so romantic! Congratulations and enjoy being engaged, and on your impending nuptials. Ahh the excitement and joy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results