shape
carat
color
clarity

I picked out my sapphire!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited! I picked out my sapphire today and should get it sometime early next week. I''d originally planned to go with a Jeff White cushion cut, but kept being pulled back to Richard Homer''s website by this beautiful round concave stone. I don''t don''t why or what it was, but I kept going back and looking at it and the more I looked at it, the more I loved it. It''s a bit smaller than I had originally planned (0.96 ct 5.8mm), but I love the color and I think the size will be just fine because it''s the same size as my old .74 ct diamond (from my 1st marriage) and I thought that was perfect on me. Anyway, it''s a beautiful blue and I can''t wait to have it my little hands! right now I''m leaning toward the WF Petite Open Cathedral for a setting.

On to pics -

laurelsapphire2.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Richard's mom nicely agreed to be a hand model for the stones I was considering, so Richard could take pictures outside in direct sunlight for me to see the color. This is a small, but very close up view of my stone!

>>

laurelsapphire.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! What a luscious blue and it looks like it sparkles like a diamond!!!
30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love the color of it and even though I thought I was a traditional cut kind of girl, something about the concave cut just caught me and I was in love!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, Laurel- that stone is incredible! I can''t wait to see it set.
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous BLUEBLINGALUSCIOUSNESS!

Congratulations. Can''t wait to see it set!!

LS

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Excellent choice!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is going to just be stunning in the Open Cathedral! It''s gorgeous!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay Laurel!!! It is beautiful, and I adore Richard''s sapphires - I love the fire and life in them! I haven''t been keeping up, so I want to ask: is this for a RHR? I think it would look stunning in the WF Open Cathedral

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is a really beautiful blue! I can''t wait to see it in its setting.
4.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good choice!

movie zombie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s the prettiest sapphire I have ever seen. I can''t wait to see it set. Please post pictures!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is beautiful!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
EBree, LostSapphire, Fly Girl, LtlFirecracker, & LaurenThePartier -

Thank you so much! Sorry I haven't posted back until now - I've been away from any Internet connection since Friday, so this is my first chance to post. I love the color too and that's what kept drawing me back to the stone over and over again. When I showed my mom the stones I was considering it was the one that she immediately picked out as her favorite too because of the color.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 7:07:30 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Yay Laurel!!! It is beautiful, and I adore Richard''s sapphires - I love the fire and life in them! I haven''t been keeping up, so I want to ask: is this for a RHR? I think it would look stunning in the WF Open Cathedral
Hi Brown.Eyed.Girl -
It''s actually for my engagement ring, so it''s even more exciting! I can''t wait to actually get to wear it - we''ve been engaged for a month now and I still don''t have a ring to wear!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that hand pic is stunning! What a color!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
girlie-girl, movie zombie, marcyc, MMT, & Catmom -

Thank you! I''m so excited to get it! I think it should arrive sometime next week and the time is just going to crawl by!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Kelli!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it''s TDF!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I just can''t wait to actually have it and be able to wear it!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 6:18:42 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Gorgeous BLUEBLINGALUSCIOUSNESS!

Congratulations. Can''t wait to see it set!!

LS
Ditto that! That stone is GORGEOUS! The concave faceting makes it so unusual!

I think the Petite Open Cathedral would be a GREAT choice!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 9:36:01 PM
Author: geckodani
Ditto that! That stone is GORGEOUS! The concave faceting makes it so unusual!

I think the Petite Open Cathedral would be a GREAT choice!
Thanks! That''s the setting I''m leaning towards, but my mom also suggested the Silk solitaire setting from Knox, so now I''m not sure. I think I''m going to do a post on that and get opinions. Have you gotten your new setting yet?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 8:49:00 PM
Author: laurel25
Date: 10/10/2008 7:07:30 PM

Hi Brown.Eyed.Girl -

It''s actually for my engagement ring, so it''s even more exciting! I can''t wait to actually get to wear it - we''ve been engaged for a month now and I still don''t have a ring to wear!

Oh that''s so so exciting!!! I can''t wait to see the finished ring - that blue is seriously to die for!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:05:34 PM
Oh that''s so so exciting!!! I can''t wait to see the finished ring - that blue is seriously to die for!
Yeah, it''s the exact color I was hoping I''d end up with too! I''m just so nervous/excited to get it and see it in person. And I want it on my hand now! It''s so hard to be engaged and not have the ring and have everyone asking, "Have you picked out a ring yet?" Around here, NO ONE has a colored stone e-ring, so it''s hard to get them to understand that no, you can''t just go to a jewelry store and pick one out.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:48:46 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
So gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks!!!
9.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous cut and colour! I''m in love...
30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 12:09:16 AM
Author: gladyskristen
Gorgeous cut and colour! I''m in love...
30.gif
Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results