shape
carat
color
clarity

I never had pearls but I have a question...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend of our family and his wife have been living in Japan for over 40 years. Last time I saw his wife, she was wearing a magnificent strand of pearls - you do not need to be a pearl expert to see it. I wanted to ask her to buy a pearl for me in Japan - she knows pearls, and she could find something nice. The only thing is, are they more expensive there? Less expensive? Is it a good idea?

Hmmm... The thing is, is that you can find REALLY nice freshwaters in the US for cheap... or Akoya that are on par with prices... it just really depends. I'm not sure on prices over there. I would see what she finds you and if you are not happy with the price just get some high quality freshies here.

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
no need or benefit to purchasing pearls in Japan, although it does make for a nice story about the pearls you had picked up for you in Japan.

Without trying to sound like a shameless plug I'll say that you cannot find better prices then online - brick and mortar be it Japan or USA will always be way more expensive.

PearlsOfJoy|1310504825|2967507 said:
no need or benefit to purchasing pearls in Japan, although it does make for a nice story about the pearls you had picked up for you in Japan.

Without trying to sound like a shameless plug I'll say that you cannot find better prices then online - brick and mortar be it Japan or USA will always be way more expensive.

I kind of agree with this.... I mean, I haven't shopped through POJ (yet) :) but even their prices or TPO or PP has much nicer prices vs. mall stores or whatever. Even on ebay, most of the time people have NO IDEA what they are selling. I look for fun sometimes and I'm always amazed to find average CFWP going for hundreds when it's a strand you could easily get for less than $20 quality wise :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results