shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Sorry this is my first post and I placed it in the wrong board, but please reply on either board, thanks....

I've been planning a proposal for about 6 mos. now and I bounced some ideas off of an acquaintance of mine. Here it is:

Take my future fiancé to Sea World to swim with the dolphins, and see what it takes to become part of one of the shows in front of an audience. After the show was over of course the employee and main trainer thanks the helpers (us) and then tells the audience there is something I would like to say, so he walks over and hands me the mic and another hands me my guitar and I begin to sing the song from the wedding singer (“I want to grow old with you” by Adam Sandler). Just towards the end of the song the trainer sends out a penguin holding the opened ring box on a pillow, I say a few sweet words and propose.

Sounds great doesn’t it. Well he ended up telling my girlfriend what he was going to do for his girlfriend, HE TOOK MY IDEA (except for the song part)! Now I can’t do this. I wanted to propose in the next month, but now I have to out do my own idea!!! Anybody got any great ideas? Feel free to take mine…

Jess

Rough_Rock
Wow! Have you totally GONE OFF on your SO-CALLED friend yet? That was a bold, very deceitful move on his part! I really don't know for ideas...each one is so individual that I would say, just be sweet and sincere. Take her to a place that is special to the 2 of you (whether it be a state park, 1st date place, or McDonald's!). But dump the friend! How rude!
Good luck on your proposal. I know it will be great no matter where or how you do it.
:love:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
What a shame your "friend" has spoiled such a great idea! :((

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If only Dolphins could talk! You could hire one to ask your fiance' for her hand in marraige....:)

It was a great idea, but now its a used one. How about going up in a hot air balloon ride and asking her when you are on top of the world?

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Thanks you'all...

DoogieDog

Rough_Rock
Hey Chil, I'm planning to take my girl to Paris, and take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower and ask her there. There are lots of special places like that. I like the hot air balloon idea, too. Needs to be something memorable. I liked your idea, but it wouldn't work for me. I'm not interested in a public display, but something that will be memorable and romantic to the two of us.

Good luck.

PS: I agree - your "friend" - isn't. He needs to tell your girl that it was your idea and he stole it.

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
I don't know... you want to start married life with a gimmic?

Plus, that penguin would have swallowed the ring. There is no romance waiting for a ring to come out of the ass end of a pengiun...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results