shape
carat
color
clarity

I need to know.................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
are visible inclusions good or bad?? and what exactly does I1 mean??
THX:read:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Andrea, diamonds with eye visibile inclusions are less expensive than diamonds without them.

The more "perfect" a diamond is, the more rare it is, and therefore more costly. This principle applies to the other 2 C's as well (color and cut).
Market forces also affect this relationship, as consumers tend to be drawn to higher quality diamonds. This creates greater demand, which creates greater value.

It's not the diamond's fault it has eye visible inclusions. The eye visible inclusion doesn't "hurt" the diamond, because it is what is is, and is valued as such. You also can have a diamond with eye visible inclusions which is still beautiful. Kind of like Demi Moore with a broken nose. A little distracting, but still gorgeous.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

orzo

Rough_Rock
Hi I'm new here and love all the diamond talk. I've become obsessed with them. I have an I1 diamond. I bought a very very bad I2 diamond being very unknowledgeable. In order to trade out of it I now have an .80 H I1, that is a "very good" I1. I would very much prefer an eye clean stone but have to wait until financially I can trade up. My visible inclusion is a small white feather coming from under a prong that even the jeweler that sold it to me had trouble finding at first when I just has him reset it. My first stone was I2, bad cut, J, and just horrible, this diamond has an excellent cut- not certified- but it was around 60% depth and 55% table ( I like fire hence a smaller table) I will say I would rather have this diamond than a bad cut but eye clean. Unless I point out the inclusion you wouldn't notice it. Anyhow, I would still prefer eye clean. Marcie :twirl:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I will say I would rather have this diamond than a bad cut but eye clean.
-----------

I agree, Marcie.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results