shape
carat
color
clarity

I need to borrow a Dog for my proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shivs

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am proposing on Christmas Eve at the tree in NYC. My question is should I wait until its dark outside or when the sun is just starting to set. I would like to do it at night but am afraid it will be too dark, but then again the area should be slightly lit with the tree. Now here is my idea: My girlfriend is really into dogs but does not have one and cannot have one. I wanted to have a puppy run up to us or at least have an owner walk the dog towards us with the ring box around its neck, my girlfriend would pet the dog and notice the box around its neck, i would then remove the box open it (i would already be on one knee petting the dog) and present her with the ring. Now what I need is to find a dog owner who can help me (i will throw them a $20 if they would like) or is their anyway I can borrow a dog for a day? I have never heard of it but I am thinking about going to an animal shelter and asking one of the employees if they can do it for me. Anyone have any advice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually I read an article recently about there being a dog rental for a day type thing...I don't remember WHERE it was exactly, but apparently if I recall correctly, in some popular vacation spots...people are allowed to rent dogs for a day or a few hours and do things like take them on hikes or to the park or something that lets them have that fun dog-time for a while but not have the responsibility of the full-time care of a pet. it sounds really ODD to me personally, being a dog owner, but i guess the businesses are BOOMING. if i recall, these are rescued shelter dogs, probably the best and most friendly of the bunch.

anyhow, you may want to see if any google searches net you more information, unfortunately the article was a few months ago so i don't even recall which paper it was in! we got a big kick out of reading it though.

or do you have any friends with dogs? oh and lastly, planning on christmas eve in NYC? do you expect someone to be jazzed that you will throw them a $20 while they miss Xmas Eve dinner with their family? I honestly don't know how lucky you will get in finding a dog owner who will help you out (ahead of time even) but you never know. Even with the dog rental idea, you'd have to have someone walk the dog for you..someone your gf didn't know.

sounds complicated! but good luck!

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I think that is a wonderful proposal... but if I was your GF, I would want the dog too, as a daily happy reminder of the first time I saw him AND was proposed to, the happiest moment of my life so far.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol, and my thought was the dog-walker better be someone you know and TRUST...else they''ll just take your ring and run!!

I''d ask around at the office, surely somebody has a dog they''d be willing to walk past you, if you''re willing to schedule it at a convenient time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results