shape
carat
color
clarity

I need support...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so pathetic... I have to send my stone out today. Last friday I was gonna but I decided ONE MORE WEEKEND with Gem (Gemini, aka Argyle, aka My Preciousssssss) and then of course I have the toddler this week and next but over the weekend I got really sick and every day was worse than the one before (I thought it had peaked a couple days ago but I feel worse today) so every day it was like no mama manana, manana... (and as my husband likes to say, "those silly gringos, they think manana means tomorrow but it really just means not today...") and a couple days ago I asked him if he could meet me for lunch and go to the post office with me today, thinking I''d be feeling better, but wanting his moral support and to help with the baby so I could fully focus before I send multiple thousands of dollars in a little box.... away! from me.... and of course I''m NOT feeling better... I''m feeling WORSE. and I want to procrastinate some more but my husband won''t let me and I''ve emailed the appraiser to let him know its coming and I told ocean I would do it this week... and... and... I have no more excuses! DAMNIT!!!!!

So.... what I need is a good excuse NOT to go to the post office today hahaha.... um, the dog ate it! um, my brother tore it up! um, I decided to get it embedded in my wrist!

I''ll feel better once I know it is in safe hands, but this isn''t an every day thing to just go down there and send so much $ in the mail like this - not fo rme it isn''t!! and I''m having anxiety what if I don''t like the ring etc. I mean I have NO indication that I won''t, just random fears... I know I can''t be alone but I feel so alone in my neurotic-ness at the moment LOL

I need a box.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to my world.

I totally understand your anxiety. I have mailed off two different 20K+ stones in my time. A sinking feeling.

Go through a checklist. Is your stone insured? Have you packaged it very securely? Have you double checked the sending address? Did you leave all your contact information inside the box with the stone? Is the shipper reliable? Will the recipient contact you as soon as it is received?

If yes to the above, wrap it up and get it done. You will feel bad at the first moment and then totally happy that it is underway and progressing.

If you had done it last month, you'd already have it back and be done with it! (I use this mental trick often when faced with an unpleasant job, e.g. dentist).

Do not project your anxiety and anticipate the outcome. If you don't like the finished setting you will deal with that LATER. If you project all the negative scenarios you will become mired in a thick mud of inaction which will turn to cement and you will get even more anxious.

Go for it Cehra!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! this sounds awful! i hope i never have to do something so horrible!
oh wait...i have.
37.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
~~~~~support vibes~~~~~ Cehra, you are a stronger woman than I am. I''d have set that bad boy in a temp. solitaire setting at a local jeweler and call it done. Your stone will be fine. Folks send their stones all over all of the time and everything is works just as it is supposed to.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:29:48 PM
Author: belle
oh wait...i have.
37.gif
lol yeah me too. a few times.

somehow i think you will manage cehra.
5.gif
just think of the end result!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
girl just do it. shipping my stone would be the least of my worries. your stone will be fine and Ocean is going to do an amazing job.

I hope you feel better though!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I do know how you feel...I really do. I''ve sent stones all over the place and never worried, but when I had to ship my mother''s heirloom asscher away, I almost got sick with worry. I thought of it every waking minute while it was in transit...

JUST DO IT, Girl!!

The BIG news is that you and Ocean have settled on a design!! Hooray!!
36.gif
The sooner you send it, the sooner it will get back to you, and the sooner WE ALL can see it!!!
3.gif

Chop chop!
widget

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Cehra I''ve never had to ship off a diamond or any of my jewelry, but I can just imagine the anxiety it must be causing you. However you must be strong and do this because the end result with be something wonderful!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know there is treatment for this right? You can go to a place and not be alone...hang out with other like minded people wearing special jackets...
9.gif

Yeah, it is tough to send something that valuable in the post, so I think a few of us can understand. To be this close to the end is unnerving, and the thought of having to start all over if the stone were lost, sickening. (The thought of watching you have to start this process all over is enough to make ME ill). But we survived, and so will you. It IS insured, isn''t it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh honey. I know what you mean... Like your cushion my asscher is STONE SPECIFIC... with rounds or princesses... you just give the dimensions and then they build and you can send the stone off at the end for setting. But for fancy''s they have to have it there the WHOLE TIME. I dread sending my little pip squeak off. ((HUGS))

blingless

Rough_Rock
Honestly Chera, I can understand your separation anxiety. I can tell you I have sent many items worth more than $20K US some world-wide without issue. I''ve used both USPS and UPS. Two weeks ago I sent out a 3.05ct ring via USPS priority mail. It was received the next day no problem. I don''t know if that really helps you because anything can happen any time. That said, there isn''t anything special about me and if I''ve managed to avoid disaster you have a very good chance too. Give it a hug and a kiss, wrap it up well ( including lots of bubble wrap) stuff it in a box and go to the post office. Everything will be fine. As a side note the last diamond I bought over the net was received via Fedex with no problem. Best wishes........

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, for heavens sake!!! Just send that baby in and get it set, LOL! I wanna see it set!!! See, it''s not about you at all. I know you didn''t know that, but now you do. It''s not about you, it''s about US and WE WANNA SEE IT SET!!!
27.gif

Seriously, I do understand your anxiety. I''m nervous enough leaving my diamond to be set at a local jeweler, so I totally understand not wanting to mail it off. All the same, suck it up and send it in. If you don''t you''re just prolonging the agony and the longer it will be before you can actually wear that diamond and look at it wherever you are.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
Videotape the packageing and sealing of the package with identifiable markings on each layer of wrapping. By this I mean stickers with your address or a distictive pattern. Send a copy of the tape ahead so the person opening the package will see that the package is untampered with.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:22:14 PM
Author: Beacon

If yes to the above, wrap it up and get it done. You will feel bad at the first moment and then totally happy that it is underway and progressing.
Well, I did it!! I don''t think something has ever been that wrapped in history! ha! For your amusement:
put the ring in a baggie and the stone in a separate baggie - wrapped each in a kleenex with two more kleenex in a shallow/square bracelet sized jewelry box, wrote PROPERTY OF with name and address and then taped it over the words around 2 full times with a long piece of tape haha.... then I wrapped that box in several layers of tissue paper and some clear plastic shipping cushions and put it in another box with a sheet of paper that had to/from information... then taped it shut, taped another identical to/from sheet on the outside of the box and then taped the hell out of every inch of it... and of course that was the WRONG thing to do... but thankfully the small was small enough to fit into a priority shipping envelope so then it all went in there... omg... it''s in a bag in a box in a box in a bag and I STILL have a fear it''s going to slip out a crevice!!!! LOL Well, not so much now, but that''s why I covered every last cranny with tape.

And I actually do feel better now LOL Neurotic and silly, but better LOL

Except my cold - its worse, I can''t get any movement through my nose and the glands around my neck are swelling and I have a horrible headache - and an appt tomorrow to see the doctor, with a kinder and a toddler in tow...... waaaaaaah!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:29:48 PM
Author: belle
oh wait...i have.
37.gif
LOL I know - I''m nutty :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well then, now that there is a tape shortage in the world LOL.......

Hope your cold gets better. I was ill the end of last week and early this week and my glands are still swollen as well. I''m hoping it goes away soon. As if the horrible headache isn''t enough I think I took too much advil and now have nausea and stomach pains to go with it. Good luck with the toddler. Is it a good one, at least?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 2:28:47 PM
Author: mrssalvo
girl just do it. shipping my stone would be the least of my worries. your stone will be fine and Ocean is going to do an amazing job.

I hope you feel better though!!!
thanks MrsS. I can''t wait to tell you what working with her is like!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 2:44:06 PM
Author: widget
I do know how you feel...I really do. I''ve sent stones all over the place and never worried, but when I had to ship my mother''s heirloom asscher away, I almost got sick with worry. I thought of it every waking minute while it was in transit...

JUST DO IT, Girl!!

The BIG news is that you and Ocean have settled on a design!! Hooray!!
36.gif
The sooner you send it, the sooner it will get back to you, and the sooner WE ALL can see it!!!
3.gif

Chop chop!
widget
I can''t compare my stone with your heirloom, but I do think it would be easier if it was more common.

We haven''t settled on a design - but I have total faith in her and I want to share the stone with her for inspiration!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 3:51:06 PM
Author: TravelingGal
You know there is treatment for this right? You can go to a place and not be alone...hang out with other like minded people wearing special jackets...
9.gif

Here, right? hehehe

Yeah, it is tough to send something that valuable in the post, so I think a few of us can understand. To be this close to the end is unnerving, and the thought of having to start all over if the stone were lost, sickening. (The thought of watching you have to start this process all over is enough to make ME ill). But we survived, and so will you. It IS insured, isn''t it?
oh shush! Yes, you''re surviving me ;-) hehe

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 5:17:04 PM
Author: Gypsy
Oh honey. I know what you mean... Like your cushion my asscher is STONE SPECIFIC... with rounds or princesses... you just give the dimensions and then they build and you can send the stone off at the end for setting. But for fancy''s they have to have it there the WHOLE TIME. I dread sending my little pip squeak off. ((HUGS))
yes, exactly.... because what I want is so bizarre and specific and yet I''m open to her input and creativity - it really was time for her to have it so she can catch its vibe :) But yeah, how do you replace something so quirky? With something equally quirky I guess!! I look forward to when it is your turn.... I can''t wait to share this process with you guys... its unlike anything I''ve read here before.... it''s most like what sophie wrote in the perfume thread when she went to the bond9 counter LOL Except more spiritually evolved... that''s all I''m gonna say LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 6:14:10 PM
Author: blingless
Honestly Chera, I can understand your separation anxiety. I can tell you I have sent many items worth more than $20K US some world-wide without issue. I''ve used both USPS and UPS. Two weeks ago I sent out a 3.05ct ring via USPS priority mail. It was received the next day no problem. I don''t know if that really helps you because anything can happen any time. That said, there isn''t anything special about me and if I''ve managed to avoid disaster you have a very good chance too. Give it a hug and a kiss, wrap it up well ( including lots of bubble wrap) stuff it in a box and go to the post office. Everything will be fine. As a side note the last diamond I bought over the net was received via Fedex with no problem. Best wishes........
its funny cause I had more anxiety about making sure my end of it was correct - t''s crossed, i''s dotted etc.... I looked at the sending address like 8 times to make sure.... I did take some butt shots this morning since it was the last I''d see of the naked pavillion butt up LOL Yeah, I got the diamond via fed ex too LOL And it wasn''t dug up here so I''m sure it''s flown several times LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 6:24:54 PM
Author: lumpkin
Oh, for heavens sake!!! Just send that baby in and get it set, LOL! I wanna see it set!!! See, it''s not about you at all. I know you didn''t know that, but now you do. It''s not about you, it''s about US and WE WANNA SEE IT SET!!!
27.gif

Seriously, I do understand your anxiety. I''m nervous enough leaving my diamond to be set at a local jeweler, so I totally understand not wanting to mail it off. All the same, suck it up and send it in. If you don''t you''re just prolonging the agony and the longer it will be before you can actually wear that diamond and look at it wherever you are.
bahahaha oh lumpkin you crack me up :) I totally kwym about getting pictures asap but be careful what you wish for - I was probably TE most prolific poster of pics of a non-set diamond ever... I can''t imagine how nuts I''ll get LOL I am so in love with that stone... the anxiety is pretty much gone but I just kinda miss it.... being able to take it out and play with it whenever, and I do feel kinda sad I''ll never see it unset again - weird, I know! but being able to wear it out in public and see it in lights without fear of it hopping out of the spring ring (hehe) will be so awesome!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:23:11 PM
Author: Miranda
Well then, now that there is a tape shortage in the world LOL.......

Hope your cold gets better. I was ill the end of last week and early this week and my glands are still swollen as well. I''m hoping it goes away soon. As if the horrible headache isn''t enough I think I took too much advil and now have nausea and stomach pains to go with it. Good luck with the toddler. Is it a good one, at least?
LOL on the shortage!!

Yeah the cold sucks, I haven''t had swollen neck/throat glands for *years* and years.... the ones behind my head and in my forehead and behind my cheeks are all in pain too... ugh!! I just hope if he puts me on antibiotics tomorrow that they aren''t horsepills. I''m gagging enough thanks! lol I hope your stomach feels better soon! I have really bad gag reflex when I have a head cold so I tend to have some of that even though I''m not technically stomach-sick. Yuck!! (sorry tmi lol)

Yeah the toddler has been a piece of cake! in fact she''d built him up as such a terror I was disappointd the first few days he was so boring and docile LOL Now I''m glad because I''m OOC - out of commission!! I''m a TV mom yesterday and today lol Thank god Ihave like a thousand little einsteins on my DVR haha

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did it. Just do it!!! I know you can
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks skippy -

you know, I just realized this could have been the subject for a good BRA thread!! haha

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... I know I''m a dork, but just wanted to say - it got there safely LOL!!! Yes, yes... I know you''re all relieved ;-)

I think I''m actually more curious at this point to find out what that green stone REALLY is!! lol

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
WWWWHHHHHEEEEEWWWWW!!! Deep sigh of relief. I know how nerve wracking it is to ship diamonds. I''m so glad it''s safe and in the capable hands of Ocean. Hopefully you will get your decisions made and soon get it back safely on your finger.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Cehra, I went out of town over the weekend, so I wasn''t able to come by and give you some moral support! But I''m glad the diamond made it there safely!!! How long will it be before the ring is completed?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi L & DS - the stone is actually at the appraiser before it gets sent off LOL I don''t know when the ring will be done... but at least I''m getting somewhere! haha baby steps ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results