shape
carat
color
clarity

I NEED some Pear diamond Ring Advice. I have Pics & Cert

ACW7175

Rough_Rock
I've found a nice pear shaped diamond on Ebay. It was for sale from a local seller about 2 hours from my home town. They seller agreed to meet me at my local jewler to look at the ring. He said that i could get it for $1800 cash. But he also produced a reciept from his jewler saying that he paid $8000 for the ring. I find it hard to believe there is that much difference in retail vs used diamond.
Take a look at the ring and give me some opinions please.
IS the pear a good shape????
Good Value on diamond??

If i get the ring i plan on using the main stone and putting it in a different setting.
I want to put it in a white gold setting with tapered baugette on each side of the main stone.

Think i can sell the original setting with small diamond for the cost of New setting with tapered Baugettes???

dia%20ebay%205.jpg
dia%20ebay%201.jpg
dia%20ebay%202.jpg
dia%20ebay%203.jpg

dia ebay 1.jpg

dia ebay 2.jpg

dia ebay 3.jpg

dia ebay 5.jpg

ACW7175

Rough_Rock
come on guys....
I NEED SOME EXPERTs

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
It's really hard to read that certificate because it's so small. I think I'd want a 10 day return policy in writing from the seller, then get it appraised, or see if the seller would send it to an appraiser of your choice to have it checked out. From what I can see of the cert, it looks to have a lot of inclusions under the table.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
as far as good shape...that depends on what you like in a pear. some people prefer shorter/fatter pears, some people prefer longer/skinnier pears. I don't think there is a 'right' and 'wrong'...only personal preference.

I would definitely get it checked out by an independent appraiser...you will have to pay for this service but for me it would be worth peace of mind so you know what you are getting.

As far as the setting...I am not sure how much you could get for it-it depends on the type of metal, quality of diamonds, etc...

ACW7175

Rough_Rock
i plan on meeting him at my jewler and getting them to appraise the ring. I also plan on using my jewler to make the new ring with the new setting..
I am just worried about gettin a ring this way. I want to do it the safest way possible.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ACW7175|1314289339|2999285 said:
i plan on meeting him at my jewler and getting them to appraise the ring. I also plan on using my jewler to make the new ring with the new setting..
I am just worried about gettin a ring this way. I want to do it the safest way possible.

the 'safest way possible' is to buy a diamond that has a GIA or AGS grading report from a seller that has a good return policy. However this may be more expensive.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get it appraised...make sure it is not "enhanced" in any way. $1800 is very cheap for an $8k stone/setting.

Here are some things to look for...

Look at the stone in different lighting...is it a bright stone? Can you see any flaws? Do the flaws bother you?
Will the flaws bother you in the future?

Do you like the shape of the stone? Seems most people perfer fatter/shorter pears than longer skinny pears but
you have to know what you like. Most people do not go for pears with shoulders.

Does the pear have a minimal bow-tie effect? Is the bow-tie white or black? (you should perfer it to be white...
reflecting light and not just seeing through it or having it be dark).

Does the stone have a nice faceting pattern? It should be appealing to you.

Good luck!

Edt - can you post any head-on up-close pictures of the stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results