shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

italianstallion

Rough_Rock
I purchased a 1ct pricess cut diamond on a cathedral mounted band. When I originally looked at this diamond they only had a little paper copy of the cert (EGL Cert) that had all the specs. The specs on the little paper copy read as below:

1ct
Measurements: 5.54x5.16x3.98
Proportion: Very Good
Depth 77.1%
Table 77%
Girdle: THICK
Finish Grade: VERY GOOD
Purity: SI1
Color: G
PRICE: 3,800.00 (including the platinum cathedral mount band)

Ends up that they couldn't find the original cert and had to send it back to EGL to get re-certified. The specs below are from the new cert from EGL:

1ct
Measurements: 5.15x5.53x4.05
Depth 78.50%
Table 72.70%
Crown 9.50%
Pavillion 43.50%
Girdle: EX THIN TO EX THICk POLISHED
Cutlet: NONE
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD
Clarity SI2
Color: G
Fluorescence: NONE

Somehow the clarity went from a SI1 to a SI2 and the measurements do not match. I need to know if I ended up with a better stone then what I paid for or did I get ripped off? What is the ideal price for the diamond with the new specs versus the old specs? Any help is greatly appreciated!:errrr:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think they gave you a different diamond on the second go round. Maybe it was the diamond you saw the first time and maybe they have changed diamonds on you. Neither one is anything special in terms of CUT, but there is no reason to accept a lower clarity for the same money you spent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results