shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some help....what do you think??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2009 1:22:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, that''s a pretty colour, and the AJS photo is certainly close. I think it maybe needs less metal around it, perhaps e/w, but maybe even a pillbox or lotus from Sally?

36.gif
Thats one I''ll certainly be looking into!!

-A

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2009 10:13:35 AM
Author: Chrono
It is amazing in yellow gold; the colour appears more intense.
Agree!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the east/west will actually make your fingers appear longer.......right now too much of your finger shows on the sides of the setting. with east/west that will be eliminated and your finger will appear longer between the setting and knuckle.

i have short fingers and wear HUGE rings as well as east/west setting with my speess e-ring.

another advantage: you might be able to stack another ring on that finger!

mz

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no MZ! I''m of the short stubby finger brigade and there''s no way I can wear e/w settings OR stack rings!

Arcadian I love the stone with the y/gold but I''m wondering whether you LOVE the stone or just LIKE it? If you wear acid green/black nail polish the clash may always be there. Would you be happy with that? Personally I adore the colour but if you won''t get much wear out of it then is it the colour for you?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I love the colour and hope you''ll find the perfect setting for it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
re short stubby fingers: if you''ve got it, flaunt it! i do and i get more comments on how gorgeous my rings are....no one..and i mean no one...notices my fingers.

my latest and greatest is a bit over 3 cm long and a bit over 2 cm wide...yes, cm. it covers my finger knuckle to knuckle. everyone loves this ring...including me. its HUGE.

i find that small settings and stones look absolutely ridiculous on me.

mz

ps stone is australian forest jasper with a large quartz crystal set in silver. this is the silversmith: www.robertsilversmith.com i only include this to give you an idea that chunky jewelry and chunky fingers can be a match made in heaven.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, I usually wear black (including gun metal gray!), browns, greenish (usually neon) in the fall, in winter its taupe, burgandy, or dark silver. In the spring/summer its more the lighter browns, mauvy pinks, golds, blues, white, yellows, ligjt silver, and bright purples. (Black polish in the summer? the horror!!!) I seldom wear super blood red polish except on my toes
1.gif
Now granted, I probably wouldn''t be able to wear that ring with a blue polish or black polish (could look nifty with the white though!!) which means that it may not get worn as much as my other stuff. And I haven''t done a french manicure on my nails in ages! its quite a bit of work for minimal payoff. Its something to think about for sure.

The stone color is gorgeous, but with the setting its just ok. I think with the right setting it can shine.

I''ve been so set on finding a stone for this setting as its been sitting around here empty that when I found one that fit, I automatically figured it was a go, thats just not the case.
38.gif
So for now I''m thinking on what to do, at least until the weekend.

A big chunk of me wants to keep it because of what it is, moreso than for wearing. I got quite the bargin considering the color and all, but it also took a quite a healthy chunk out of my year end gem fund, which means, I should be finding baubles to set, not to just play with!

Zombie, I''ve got bigger rings that span nearly knuckle to knuckle but they very seldom get worn because while they''re nice looking, they are not all that great looking on unless my nails are much longer than current. As it is, I cut them off every 3 months as they can grow like weeds! And considering my job its not exactly feasible for them to. I know I''ve posted some pics when I had my nails short, I''ll have to dig those up to show you what I mean.

Should this stone and I stay together, I will for sure look for a more antique styled setting as it will no doubt do the stone more justice. I may be able to find an E/W on there that would work for it.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a very pretty stone and to me, worth keeping until the right setting comes along. When I purchase a gemstone, it usually takes me up to a year to find the right setting for it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian - we''ve all been focusing on a ring but how about a pendant? LOGR have some lovely pendant designs with diamond halos and I think your stone would look phenomenal in a y/gold one? What do you think? I know it''s a silly idea but why don''t you put a piece of sellotape (hope you call it that in the US) on your decolletage and stick the gemstone on to see how it looks - how it goes with your skintone? Ok, I know it''s a weird suggestion but you may find you like it more as a pendant and then it gets away with the nail polish problem!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I think it’s called a Scotch tape here. I, too, am used to calling it a cello-tape.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results