shape
carat
color
clarity

I need proof of PSers buying same colour CS stones

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking on the bright side, I’m no longer tempted to buy earrings...one earlobe refuses to stay open. And I just had parathyroid surgery resulting in a scar on my neck, so no need to draw attention to THAT with fancy necklaces! Money saved :)
That makes sense. I am coming to realize that I don't really wear pendants enough to make it worthwhile. Also, my fondness for rings, earrings, and station bracelets more than make up the difference!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:naughty: I am trying to use the same strategy I use to keep from acquiring kittens. I tell myself the cats I have already will feel neglected if I get too many.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8DAE81AB-8D4B-42B1-8A6D-ACFC43DD3373.jpeg 35EF9DF8-6F06-43B7-B212-7569E1800A0F.jpeg E558A87A-8441-4868-BB49-3A5C2CB94EE1.jpeg

This is almost all of my unset gems save for a few cabochons, rose cuts, & 3 lab gems. As you can see I definitely like all shades of the rainbow! Need to work on my pinks and reds though! There are a couple in here that I like but don’t love. Not sure what I’ll do with those. I wonder, can I leave these set out like this in my gem case? It is glass covered... they look so pretty in this arrangement! Over time I’ll forget which is which though...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oh my @Hivona!!!!! WOW! That is just a fabulous pic of your treasures! Wow....I can't process

I'll take the pink on the end in the second case please :kiss2::lol:

ETA: I lend any gems I likely will never set to the 6yo for bath time. He loves playing with them in the bath and they come out very shiny!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8DAE81AB-8D4B-42B1-8A6D-ACFC43DD3373.jpeg 35EF9DF8-6F06-43B7-B212-7569E1800A0F.jpeg E558A87A-8441-4868-BB49-3A5C2CB94EE1.jpeg

This is almost all of my unset gems save for a few cabochons, rose cuts, & 3 lab gems. As you can see I definitely like all shades of the rainbow! Need to work on my pinks and reds though! There are a couple in here that I like but don’t love. Not sure what I’ll do with those. I wonder, can I leave these set out like this in my gem case? It is glass covered... they look so pretty in this arrangement! Over time I’ll forget which is which though...

I feel like you’ve been holding out on us because...damn! :cool2: What a collection and I love the way you display it. I bought a gem box with little round gemstone jars but it turns out I’m just too lazy to transfer things over so I just shove my square vendor supplied gem boxes in there instead. :whistle:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sorry I should have clarified that this is just one ring roll that I put my loose gems in. I just did this this morning. The three pictures are just different lighting in my apartment. I think I have different lightbulbs in every room of my apartment!

Only two are sunstones: 1st row, 2nd gem is a sunstone cab from Barry. 2nd row, 5th (last gem) is a sunstone from Dan Stair, Customgemstones.

I will write up a list of them all soon!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like you’ve been holding out on us because...damn! :cool2: What a collection and I love the way you display it. I bought a gem box with little round gemstone jars but it turns out I’m just too lazy to transfer things over so I just shove my square vendor supplied gem boxes in there instead. :whistle:

I bought a case with the little jars too and transferred a lot into them. Then I got lazy as well and just starting sticking square boxes into the round holes and it looked terrible. So I took the foam insert out that separated the jars and started stacking the jars. Still looked terrible! I did this this morning because I wanted to see what all I had and the only things I have left in jars are some chrysoprase cabs, and a few tiny rose cut sapphires, and a rose cut zircon. The ring roll is the Stackers brand from Amazon and I paid about $13USD for it!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish I could just collect one gemstone from each color, but different gems look so different! I should be happy with my green collection. I have an emerald ring, a tsavorite necklace, a green tourmaline ring, and an unset Pakistani peridot. However, I can’t stop thinking about buying a demantoid from my favorite vendor at a gem show next month. That will actually be my last green stone though. There haven’t been anymore in my want list. Pinks are the same way though. With sapphires, spinels, tourmalines, morganites and kunzites looking so different from each other, how can you choose just one?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Acinom that thread you linked was awesome! Hehe I guess we like what we like! Over and over again!

Like me and my halos and greens!

I would love more pinks though!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Row 1
1- anthill garnet, Missouri Sapphire Co.; 2-sunstone cab, Barry Bridgestock; 3- sphene, Hashnu; 4-color shift garnet, Finewater gems; 5-mahenge garnet, Westview Gems.

Row 2
1- tangawizi garnet, Westview Gems; 2-garnet, Mastercut Gems; 3-spessartite, Peter Torraca; 4- tourmaline, Osiris Gems; 5-sunstone, Dan Stair Custom Gemstones.

Row 3
1- yellow diamond, Diamonds by Lauren; 2-heliodore, Barry Bridgestock; 3-scapolite, Peter Torraca; 4-heliodore, Barry Bridgestock; 5-zircon, Doug Menadue, Bespoke Gems.

Row 4
1-tsavorite, Westview Gems; 2-tourmaline, Westview Gems; 3-tourmaline, Westview Gems; 4-Moldavite, Tatum Gems; 5-citrine, Osiris Gems.

Row 5
1-tourmaline, Barry Bridgestock; 2-zoisite, Troy Richardson, Excess Design; 3-tourmaline, Mastercut Gems; 4-emerald, Westview gems; 5-tourmaline, Dan Stair Custom gemstones.

Row 6
1-aquamarine, Dan Stair Custom Gemstones; 2-aquamarine, Jeff White, Whites Gems; 3-aquamarine, Troy Richardson Excess Design; 4-aquamarine, Exotic Gemstones; 5-green beryl, Peter Torraca.

Row 7
1-aquamarine, Barry Bridgestock; 2-color change spinel, Gary, Finewater Gems; 3-tourmaline, Mastercut Gems; 4-spinel, Finewater gems; 5-spinel, Peter Torraca.

Row 8
1-spinel, Finewater Gems; 2-spinel, Finewater Gems; 3-Spinel; 4-spinel, Mastercut Gems; 5-spinel, Mastercut gems.

Row 9
1-sapphire, Dan Stair Custom Gemstones; 2-sapphire, Westview Gems; 3-sapphire, Pebble Sprout; 4- spinel, First Class Facets; 5-black spinel, Doug Menadue Bespoke Gems; 6- black spinel, Tatum Gems.

Row 10
1-tourmaline, Barry Bridgestock; 2-sapphire, Troy Richardson; 3-aquamarine, Peter Torraca; 4-topaz, Doug Menadue Bespoke Gems; 5-zircon, Dana Reynolds Mastercut Gems.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“...giving pieces away...” How can I get on your giveaway list, Bluegemz?! Lol! :wavey:
Lol! I know it sounds strange, but I just can’t bring myself to sell jewelry which I’ve loved! It feels too impersonal to me to list and sell a loved treasure. And, it’s already been paid for once. It stays within the bubble ‘share the love’ to pass it on. It usually happens quite by chance, when a piece is deeply admired. At the right moment, that’s when I’m susceptible to suddenly deciding that it’s time to pass it on. I rarely think about it before, so a very instantaneous decision!

However I have been able to consciously plan to giveaway, sell/trade pieces which I haven’t loved.

Somehow if a loved piece goes, I want it to go with the happiness and joyful energy of a gift that brings happiness to others. The times in my life when people have given jewelry to me with full generosity have made such a positive impact in the feeling of joy and I’m grateful forever. That place of gratitude has been for me the real value.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dang @Hivona , your gem collection really rocks! That is an amazing collection of colors! I’m impressed:)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enjoying all the eye and gem candy in this thread! Keep them coming :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What an awesome collection, Hivona!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pink sapphires and pink spinels come in a wide range of shade differences, so if you are trying to justify buying lots of pinks no argument from me!!! :lol:

Including jedi ones? :razz:

Love them!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super gorgeous!
Thank you. :mrgreen2:

All are dream rings and stones! Absolutely magnificent!
Wow, thank you! What a generous compliment. :love: Thank you for taking the time to post what every gem in your box was. That’s PS level commitment. :cool2:

You will also enjoy this thread as PSer have also posted their same colour rainbow: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-your-colors-of-the-rainbow-including-poll.215835/
Like these beauties by LD:
8B7511B4-0CFF-4E27-A02B-EF9F5AF4B6EE.jpeg 84BC6193-7B84-49C6-9D10-859AC6A7A44C.jpeg
Ooh, I forgot about this thread. I’m totally going back for some eye candy. :P2

I'll take all of them, lol! I always love seeing from your collection, Elle, it's magnificent :)
Thank you. You’re too sweet! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MVIMG_20180702_075619-COLLAGE.jpg
I'm sensing a blue and halo theme in my rings. I think I need to branch out ;))

I really love the oval one! :love: And I totally get where your coming from on halos. I can’t get enough of them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
MVIMG_20180702_075619-COLLAGE.jpg
I'm sensing a blue and halo theme in my rings. I think I need to branch out ;))
Classic and gorgeous!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you stuck to blue and halos. Maybe paraiba blue. Maybe CS halos. Maybe ballerina halos. Or flower halo settings like the ones by Yvonne. The world of possibilities with blue halos is boundless!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I sort of do lol. I love blue so when I buy things it's usually some shade of light blue. I have 2 aquamarine rings and a blue topaz plus my blue unmentionable. I had a gorgeous blue topaz necklace which was lost. Someday when money is not so non existent I absolutely plan on more.. You guessed it! Blue! XD

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Classic and gorgeous!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you stuck to blue and halos. Maybe paraiba blue. Maybe CS halos. Maybe ballerina halos. Or flower halo settings like the ones by Yvonne. The world of possibilities with blue halos is boundless!

Okay, I never knew of paraiba blue until you had mentioned it... It is so beautiful I definitely need to get one someday!! Any suggestions on where to look for one?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results