carat
color
clarity

I need proof of PSers buying same colour CS stones

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Folks

I blame Pink Bandit for this. I am a green girl so for me several shades of green was fine because I am a green girl.

But now I want pink *wails*

I find myself looking at pink stones all the time and I kinda feel like if you have a few different shades of pink already, do you need to keep buying the same colour?

I LOVE my pink sapphire. It is unheated and gorgeous but now I am looking at stones that colour! It is not practical!

Anyways I kinda need you guys to justify my lusting after another pink stone by posting any pics of you owning the same colours again and again!

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Erm I have pink rings, earrings, small pendant all over my thread.

But pink goes so well with greens. I've been matching them with my jadeite stuff. You can mix around too!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erm I have pink rings, earrings, small pendant all over my thread.

But pink goes so well with greens. I've been matching them with my jadeite stuff. You can mix around too!

You have two similar pink rings at least right?

My issue is I am too lazy to look for matching earring stones (plus I like the weird jade shapes) so I will be getting another pink stone for a ring. Maybe a spinel......

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have two similar pink rings at least right?

My issue is I am too lazy to look for matching earring stones (plus I like the weird jade shapes) so I will be getting another pink stone for a ring. Maybe a spinel......

Off top of my head, 2 pink tourmaline rings, 1 light rubellite, 2 pink sapphire and 1 pinkish ruby ring.

Idk. The way pink spinel prices are, might as well get a pink sapphire.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

Story of Pala Pink
- I am not sure how famous these things are still, as there isn't much material around - at least, not that I see it. The mine has been working, as per Pala Minerals news. Chinese carvings of monumental Pala pink tourmaline appear on the market sometimes - it is baffling what could come out of the mine once upon a time!

rambing

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a slightly terse relationship with tourmaline. I always feel like that low RI is the reason why I never find them that thrilling.

It's almost like I EXPECT it to look like a sapphire or spinel and then it doesn't and I go "meh."

Granted I felt the same about sapphire vs diamonds when I first looked at sapphires! Maybe I need to warm myself up to it!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel similar. I want every shade of every color! Obviously not going to happy but I am trying! I like that I can match and change shades of colors with clothing, seasons, weather, over all mood and feeling for the days that I am wearing jewelry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pink and it goes (IMO) very well with green. I have Rhodolite amethyst earrings that are pinkish purple. I have a rose quartz necklace/pendant that is a lovely pink and I have a very pale pink diamond band from Leibish.

rhodololiteamethystdangles.jpg

rosependant.jpg

leibishband.jpg.png

I say go for it and buy all the pinks you desire...after all, pink is pinkalicious :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A tourmaline with startling color might sway you if anything does. They come in BIG too.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A tourmaline with startling color might sway you if anything does. They come in BIG too.

I wish I had access to more real life ones. I hate returning things (doesn't mean I won't do it but I rather not buy it in the first place) and there is not much available in Aus by way of nice stones.

The tilt windows kill me on tourmalines though!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel similar. I want every shade of every color! Obviously not going to happy but I am trying! I like that I can match and change shades of colors with clothing, seasons, weather, over all mood and feeling for the days that I am wearing jewelry.

Haha I generally try to match as well. The only time I think "screw it" is when I get the urge to wear the big lavender jade.

Since it is big and reasonably inexpensive and tough I feel quite safe wearing it at all times so it gets worn whenever I feel like wearing a honker of a ring which is often.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
Check the user name! Currently in my gem box I have an amethyst necklace, an amethyst bracelet, a purplish tanzanite ring, a purplish tanzanite bracelet and a deep violet loose iolite waiting to be set. On their way to me right now are a purple sapphire and a purple spinel. And I'm keeping my eyes open for the right lavender spinel and or Rose de France because I want some lighter purples too. This is after a major jewelry cull where I got rid of quite a few purple bits I don't wear anymore.

Get your pink stones and love them all!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F6E18362-4157-40A7-940F-9228BFA69B39.jpeg

This happens to me all the time! I am drawn to the same colors over and over...but there is such a range of pinks and of greens.

Here’s my pink and purple family photo. Some of them are kind of color changers too.

Ring finger: sapphire, raspberry tourmaline, Umba sapphire, spinel.
Middle finger: sapphire, spinel, ruby with demantoids, pastel pyrope garnet.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F6E18362-4157-40A7-940F-9228BFA69B39.jpeg

This happens to me all the time! I am drawn to the same colors over and over...but there is such a range of pinks and of greens.

Here’s my pink and purple family photo. Some of them are kind of color changers too.

Ring finger: sapphire, raspberry tourmaline, Umba sapphire, spinel.
Middle finger: sapphire, spinel, ruby with demantoids, pastel pyrope garnet.
WOW! What a fabulous color family!

I can’t relate to pinks, but blues and lavenders are a color range which I cannot get enough of. There a thousands of shades within each color range...and when combined with cuts, refractive light, and styles, I don’t believe one can easily get a repeat of an already owned piece. I say go with your heart because you feel that way for a reason.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
This is small but the silk makes this tourmaline glow

Attachments

• 20180922_163513.jpg
    20180922_163513.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 34

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
This is why I haven’t jumped into the water with a colored stone purchase (yet). I’m afraid it could become an addiction that I can’t afford! As it is I’ve bought many diamond rings and gold bands, then sold them within a year or two to buy new ones (can’t afford to keep a whole collection).

Seriously, though, has anyone here purchased/created a colored stone ring and been happy with just that one ring for more than few months? Or does hedonic adaptation set in pretty quickly and you want other stones/other colors within a few months??? :think:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I haven’t jumped into the water with a colored stone purchase (yet). I’m afraid it could become an addiction that I can’t afford! As it is I’ve bought many diamond rings and gold bands, then sold them within a year or two to buy new ones (can’t afford to keep a whole collection).

Seriously, though, has anyone here purchased/created a colored stone ring and been happy with just that one ring for more than few months? Or does hedonic adaptation set in pretty quickly and you want other stones/other colors within a few months??? :think:
My answer is yes, in my experience, I can be happy for years, but only if is really what i want and not a compromise in quality, size, style etc....that said, the lust for collecting is like a high and is a force to be contended with. That is a separate matter.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I was younger I had to have something of every color and every type and consequently I ended up with a lot of things that were just so so and that I didn't love. As I've aged I've realized that more is not better for me. Last couple of years I have winnowed down my collection to those pieces that I love. I have a few items that I still need to fill out my collection but the end is in site.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger I had to have something of every color and every type and consequently I ended up with a lot of things that were just so so and that I didn't love. As I've aged I've realized that more is not better for me. Last couple of years I have winnowed down my collection to those pieces that I love. I have a few items that I still need to fill out my collection but the end is in site.
I totally get this! Well said. Me too...buying too much actually makes it so that I don’t focus on what I actually love as much. The times when I bought a lot during a time frame ironically made me watered down from the full force if my appreciation. I’ve been giving pieces away which don’t really get worn enough. I’m trying to focus all at once on a slow accumulation of just a few pieces which flow naturally with my life.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your thoughtful responses, Bluegemz and Catmom. It’s true what you say about not buying exactly what you like or buying too much. I’ve done that with gold rings and diamond bands :(

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Looking on the bright side, I’m no longer tempted to buy earrings...one earlobe refuses to stay open. And I just had parathyroid surgery resulting in a scar on my neck, so no need to draw attention to THAT with fancy necklaces! Money saved :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one pink stone [spinel] because I wanted the setting it was in [preloved at LAD]. Then had to have the the Mege eternity to go with it [found on Loupe Troop].
I don’t wear them often, but I love them. They are for special “pink days” and always give me a lift.
Also have a small collection of blues, but mostly my problem involves those clear sparkly rocks.
IMG_2711.JPG

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am probably the pink/red spinel girl and pink tourmaline girl. These are just a few of the pink/red gems I never even wear but the thought of selling them has me clutching my pearls. I really believe that you don't choose an obsession, it chooses you. And pink/red spinels and tourmalines chose me. 011.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t laugh, but anything colorful and shiny attracts me.
At age 3 I was apparently collecting the foil wrappers off chocolates :lol-2:
Some people have a favoured colour and buy gems and jewellery in that colour. My favourites are opals (having all colours) and colour change gems because I think they are magical.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results