shape
carat
color
clarity

I need project ideas!

Noniegrace

Rough_Rock
I was left a very lovely necklace of several colors of sapphires. I am not much of a necklace person, and it is fancier that I think I would wear. I think I'd like to use some of those stones in rings, or maybe a bracelet?
20201202_153118.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was left a very lovely necklace of several colors of sapphires. I am not much of a necklace person, and it is fancier that I think I would wear. I think I'd like to use some of those stones in rings, or maybe a bracelet?
20201202_153118.jpg

if we lived 100 years ago id say have it made into a bandeau :appl:

who left it to you? its really lovelly.

what about a 3 stone ring ?
earings ?
a braclets?
a dainty pendent?

would you want to add to the exspensive by adding diamonds to any new configuration?
Lab diamonds might be the way to go

do you have children ? (or a sister)
if it once belonged to your nana you could have a ring made for each

Me - I'd go with a bangle with maybe 4 of the stones gyspy set -
or one of those open bangles with a stone featured at the end

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if we lived 100 years ago id say have it made into a bandeau :appl:

who left it to you? its really lovelly.

what about a 3 stone ring ?
earings ?
a braclets?
a dainty pendent?

would you want to add to the exspensive by adding diamonds to any new configuration?
Lab diamonds might be the way to go

do you have children ? (or a sister)
if it once belonged to your nana you could have a ring made for each

Me - I'd go with a bangle with maybe 4 of the stones gyspy set -
or one of those open bangles with a stone featured at the end

Very good considerations to include the future generations!

I would re-purpose the stones into as many rings, pendant/necklace and bracelet/bangle as possible:
- a 3-stone vertical pendant
- a 3-stone slider pendant
- a East-West set ring with one of the Sapphires
- a North-South set ring with one of the Sapphires
- a bypass ring with 2 different colour stones
- a flower ring with 5 or 6 petals
- an open cuff bangle with a stone on each end
- a DBTY or tennis type bracelet

Had they been pink Sapphires, I would have added a flower brooch to the mix.

What fun, and good luck with your project!

DK :appl:

Noniegrace

Rough_Rock
My aunt left it to me. She was a beautiful woman who lived a higher society life than I do! She had several fancy events a month to attend and therefore some lovely jewelry. Sapphires are my daughter's birthstone as well, so I definitely think I will take two of the matching stones and have earrings made for her. I was also thinking about some kind of flower ring, with the white sapphires as petals and one of the darker ones in the middle. But that might be really big! There are so many possibilities!

Noniegrace

Rough_Rock
Very good considerations to include the future generations!

I would re-purpose the stones into as many rings, pendant/necklace and bracelet/bangle as possible:
- a 3-stone vertical pendant
- a 3-stone slider pendant
- a East-West set ring with one of the Sapphires
- a North-South set ring with one of the Sapphires
- a bypass ring with 2 different colour stones
- a flower ring with 5 or 6 petals
- an open cuff bangle with a stone on each end
- a DBTY or tennis type bracelet

Had they been pink Sapphires, I would have added a flower brooch to the mix.

What fun, and good luck with your project!

DK :appl:

Oh my a bypass ring! What a lovely idea. I am also really thinking about a flower ring because I think my daughter would adore it. There's plenty of white sapphires to do a daisy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My aunt left it to me. She was a beautiful woman who lived a higher society life than I do! She had several fancy events a month to attend and therefore some lovely jewelry. Sapphires are my daughter's birthstone as well, so I definitely think I will take two of the matching stones and have earrings made for her. I was also thinking about some kind of flower ring, with the white sapphires as petals and one of the darker ones in the middle. But that might be really big! There are so many possibilities!

no ring is too big around here ;)2
its really important to keep white saphires sparkling clean or they just look ugh - its no biggie giving them a frequent clean - and i love love the idea of a flower ring

and yes so many possibilities
have lots of fun desiding

@dk168 i love the idea of a brooch
i wish we still had a use for hat pins

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would love a dangly braclete but i know from experience those things get caught up on stuff
there are some lovelly colours in the aunty necklase
and 30 stones !!!
and although im not sure the size of that small copper coin, they look a good size

Noniegrace

Rough_Rock
i would love a dangly braclete but i know from experience those things get caught up on stuff
there are some lovelly colours in the aunty necklase
and 30 stones !!!
and although im not sure the size of that small copper coin, they look a good size

It's 19mm, so they are pretty good size stones! I don't even know where to start with this, there are so many possibilities!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Your necklace is beautiful and how special that your Aunt passed it down to you. If it were me, I would pick out my very favorite colors and make a ring and necklace or earring you would wear. I love the idea of the flower ring and earrings for your daughter. I would not do a bracelet, only because I would be too hard on that and not wear it much, but that is more about how you feel.

What ever you decide, take your time and have fun! If you have some left over just save them. You may find a project for them later. Also, look at lots of pictures for inspiration!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results